Summer transfer window 2017
Kalinic is the perfect third striker
(07-21-2017, 01:28 AM)porcho Wrote: Looks like all the more reliable sources have us likely to offer up to 60+ those two but officially only offering 40 + those two... If we can get him for 60Plus those two...
We still have left to sell... Bacca(say max 18=20), Sosa(5), Zapata(5) or Gomez(5), maybe even Monto(0), Vangioni(4-5), 
With Only Kjaer potentially coming in (max 10) and Badelj(12ish)
still leaves us with potentially 10ish mill... with essentially a closed transfer window... 
Kalinic will likely cost 30 max anyway.
The only signings I would imagine would come in after that would be young players that would play with the youth teams or likely stay with the team they where bought from for a bit... Wouldn't be surprised if someone like Lo Faso was signed, to be paid in installments, but kept at Palermo for a season or two before coming over.

Danilo Cataldi is on loan to Benevento this season and Caldara is almost an impossibility, especially after us picking up bonucci... Caldara is likely to be recalled from Atalanta instead of Ladri buying a new defender... But Caldara would be an amazing pick up

If you have been following the news, Montella want to keep Gomez and have ask to reject all offers for him. If somebody is leaving, it's Paletta and Zapata.
(07-21-2017, 03:04 AM)hwmook Wrote: If you have been following the news, Montella want to keep Gomez and have ask to reject all offers for him. If somebody is leaving, it's Paletta and Zapata.

I have been following the news but at the end of the day if a good offer comes in he'll get sold... he's not an untouchable... Paletta WILL be sold or part of the Belotti deal and so far there's not been interest in Zapata...
(07-21-2017, 03:18 AM)porcho Wrote: I have been following the news but at the end of the day if a good offer comes in he'll get sold... he's not an untouchable... Paletta WILL be sold or part of the Belotti deal and so far there's not been interest in Zapata...

You mean our capitano Grinundwech

I've just thought he deserves the armband than a number of players Big Grin
(07-21-2017, 01:57 AM)Stitch Wrote: Kalinic for 33? What the *****? That deal would rival purchasing Matri from Juventus as the worst in awhile. Why cant we just keep Bacca? He is a much better player, already on the books.

I don't think our management are dumb enough to sign him for that amount. Most probably around 20-25 even though that is also higher than his value
Fassone on his latest interview said that we are going to have a new sponsor next week   Party dance Also hinted about Mister X for the attack Idea

Mirabelli also said that we are not going to spend above 60 million for belotti
Sharing my two cents on the striker situation:

Belotti is a good choice, but at the price level Cairo is asking, I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot stick. Looking at recent history, when was the last time Italy actually produced a world class striker? Immobile, Borini, Destro, SES, Zaza, just to name a few, all failed to take that next step after promising early careers. Who is to say Belotti is not the next one in that line? I like the player and certainly wouldn't mind him coming, but I really don't want to see us blow 80M on another Gilardino. I realize that we are rich and money is apparently no issue, but it's one thing to be rich and buy nice things, quite another to throw money at dumb sh*t. And the more I look at this, the more I feel like we are blowing money for the sake of saying we spent this much money.

Kalinic is a very underwhelming signing after we've been linked with so many top end talent. But to me, he can be one of those guys who doesn't seem like much but ends up making a major contribution to the surprise of everyone. The reason I think that? He seems to be good with his feet and knows how to link up play. Those are cornerstones of a Montella system. Montella wants all his players to be able to play with ball under their feet, and Kalinic is exactly that. He may not score a ton, but he can contribute in other areas of the game that his presence could lead to better team play overall.

If we can't get Belotti and got Kalinic, I personally would shift our focus and budget to a winger. Truth is, there aren't many high level CF in the market right now that is worth the investment. After Belotti, as a matter of fact, I can't think of anyone who is available. Rather than force feeding the money into someone who doesn't deserve the price tag, perhaps we should try to get a good winger for the 433. Off the top of my head, guys like Lucas Moura would present a massive upgrade for us. I am sure there are also some other good options out there too. We can then play Kalinic and Andre Silva as CF, and rotate them based on whoever is in better form.
I'm confident in us getting Belotti, I think Cairo's being a pain but will relent, even if not quickly.

I believe Belotti has had a meeting with Cairo this morning, so hopefully things push along.
(07-21-2017, 08:17 AM)Milan369 Wrote: Fassone on his latest interview said that we are going to have a new sponsor next week   Party dance Also hinted about Mister X for the attack Idea

Mirabelli also said that we are not going to spend above 60 million for belotti

If Fasobelli keep on going like this we will win the Scudetto, the Europa League, the Champions league, the World cup and maybe even the coveted Jhonstone's Paint Trophy. The most important question however, is whether we can ever win Trofeo Berlusconi again.
Also, can we start speculating on who this Mr. X is? If it is Diego Costa then I will be disappointed. Yes, I am spoilt now.