Summer transfer window 2017
Neymar transfer will make the market even more inflated.
Complete overpayment. Obviously he is a very good player.....but he is way overhyped, overvalued, and totally not worth a sum like this. I don't even think that this is a sporting decision. Neymar alone will not help PSG win the Champions League......which is why it makes me think that it's all a publicity stunt. It completely ignores the parameters set by UEFA and general business as a whole. It's a stupid move if you ask me. For that type of transfer fee PLUS the stupid wages they are going to give him...PSG can buy 4-5 world class players (some of them will be similar to the level of Neymar at least), and set themselves up to win the CL. But getting Neymar alone doesn't make them any more likely to win it than they were last year.

Oh well. Let them do it. Bunch of idiots running the show over there. No sense of what it takes to build a great side.
Neymar is one of those few players who have enormous marketing value, like CR7 and Messi. If one should pay that kind of money for a player it would have to be for someone like him. In addition to that he sure is a fantastic player and will contribute a lot. I think this deal can prove to be a very good one for PSG even though the transfer fee seems insane.

PSG already have a decent team and don't have to start from scratch like we had to...
We'll see. I would still bet that if Barcelona meets them in the CL next year, they will be eliminated. Especially now when Barcelona will have ton of money to spend. If they buy Coutinho with some of that money, Barcelona literary loses very little, if anything. Don't forget that they will also have a crap ton of that money left to reinforce in other positions.

Barcelona is making it seem like they are pissed off.....but I am sure they are laughing their asses of behind closed doors.
(08-02-2017, 03:22 PM)nefremo Wrote: We'll see. I would still bet that if Barcelona meets them in the CL next year, they will be eliminated. Especially now when Barcelona will have ton of money to spend. If they buy Coutinho with some of that money, Barcelona literary loses very little, if anything. Don't forget that they will also have a crap ton of that money left to reinforce in other positions.

Barcelona is making it seem like they are pissed off.....but I am sure they are laughing their asses of behind closed doors.

Coutinho has the biggest chance to go there and they are mostly linked with him. After that Mbappe, Dembele, Di Maria, Griezman and Dybala.

But they have one of the most arrogant management and I can see them signing bad players and ruining themselves.
I don't think Barcelona have any problem either. However, I'm worry about the domino effect.

Their newest offer for Coutinho is 120M, and I think Klopp can even ask for more. After Klopp gets 120M++, he will turn his head to Virgil van Dijk whose price will also rise higher than 70M pounds.

Players with problems like Diego Costa, Renato Sanchez or Keita Balde Diao might not get more expensive, but I'm not sure about Aubameyang.
So Qatar is paying Neymar for 2022 world cup and what happens i f the world cup gets shifted to other countries or some major nations decide to boycott it??
Photo 
This is probably the most craziest transfer in the history of football.

Attached Files Image(s)

(08-02-2017, 03:50 PM)Milan369 Wrote: This is probably the most craziest transfer in the history of football.

The last 3 players weren't/aren't even the best in the world at the moment of their transfer (I include Neymar in the 3 of course).
Football is crazy, such as the world, and this crazyness has exponentially increased since 3-4 years. No wonder actually.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
I also don't include Neymar as the best in the world. No way. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't even say he is a top 3 player in the world right now. It's debatable if he'd crack the top 5 even.

1 and 2 are taken by Messi and Ronaldo of course. The 3rd spot is up for a HUGE debate. Neymar is as popular as any athlete in the world. But the substance behind his performances lacks many times. I would argue for example that someone like Robben was more influential for Bayern that Neymar has been for Barcelona in the past several seasons. Someone like Mbappe was definitely more influental for Monaco this past year than Neymar was for Barcelona. Modric was by FAR more influential for Real last season than Neymar was for Barcelona. Hazard has been an absolute BEAST for Chelsea and without him they are a completely different team....whereas there is NO way I can say the same about Neymar. Hell....even Luis Suarez was more of a factor for Barcelona than Neymar.....so he might even be the 3rd most important player in Barcelona, never mind the 3rd best in the world.

I am not hating on Neymar. I have to admit that he is one of the great players of his generation. But this past season, there are several, several players that I would put ahead of Neymar on that list. The guy is as popular as any, does some great tricks on the ball and excites the crowd with his moves in every game.....but fore me, that's not enough. The substance has to be more than that.

NOW.....having said that, maybe when he becomes the top dog in PSG, things will change. Maybe than we will be here saying that PSG is in the final of the CL BECAUSE of Neymar. But right now, I can not make a statement like that about the current Neymar. As a matter of fact, if I was given 200mil and was told that I have to sign 1 player with that money and HAVE to spend it all only on that one player (not including Ronaldo or Messi).....I would not buy Neymar for sporting reasons. There are others I would choose ahead of him. Commercial reasons? Sure. It's hard to debate that part.

@Aficio.....I agree. This certainly has the potential to drive the prices up. It could shift the entire market up...and even if only by 10-15mil, that's still a very significant change.