Summer transfer window 2017
Cairo is an asshole. With all due respect, Belotti could turn into Gilardino. I hope we stand strong.
(08-06-2017, 03:16 PM)xudong Wrote: Cairo is an asshole. With all due respect, Belotti could turn into Gilardino. I hope we stand strong.

If he's an asshole it's not because of this. Belotti is their best and most important player and is under a long contract. If they don't need to sell then they don't sell. Even though I would like to see Belotti at Milan I can't call people assholes just for not selling us their players.
if i'm in cairo position, i would do the same to, even though he is a milan fan, but business is business, and when you see that milan has alot of money, i to would want to take away as much money as i can, especially when there is no one with the talent of belloti in the cheap for him to replace.
It's not about Milan, no one is paying 100 million so Cairo is not doing anything and his price will never be higher unless you expect him to be next biggest (not just 20+ for a few seasons) thing which is not happening, he is not 19, he is 23. At his age Gilardino was scoring 20+ goals for Parma.
(08-06-2017, 04:03 PM)reza Wrote: It's not about Milan, no one is paying 100 million so Cairo is not doing anything and his price will never be higher unless you expect him to be next biggest (not just 20+ for a few seasons) thing which is not happening, he is not 19, he is 23. At his age Gilardino was scoring 20+ goals for Parma.

This!  Okmilan

And in a way, what Gilardino was doing at the time was a lot more impressive. First of all, he held that form for 2-3 years...and not only that, he scored under immense pressure. Gilardino literary saved Parma from relegation by scoring goals in the relegation play-off back than. 

I am not saying Belotti won't be a better player than Gilardino.....but right now, at this moment, Cairo is trying to rip us (and other interested clubs) off. He doesn't have to sell. It's his right. But we can not think with emotions in these situations. Belotti may be a fan of Milan, but it doesn't change anything at the moment. He is NOT worth a single Euro over 50mil (and that is a stretch in itself). If we can't have him at that price (which is obvious that we can't) than we move on. I would rather stay with Andre Silva and let him show what he can do in these first few months. There is no point of panicking and overpaying.
I have a rather crazy theory. Maybe all those alleged bids aren't true after all. Why would the media know exactly how much we offered? Maybe we never offered anything above 50M which is perhaps his true value. That could also explain the lack of enthusiasm from Belotti himself, because he didn't feel flattered. 

Still, I think Cairo is stupid (or, really bold, playing a risky game).

I would hold my ground and the worst we have a few young players in Cutrone and Silva. Who can say that we won't have our own Belotti or maybe even better?
I wont be disappointed if we didnt get Belotti, at 60M (which is the max I think we should pay) Cairo should just take the money and strengthen his team.
Count on Silva, he is no ordinary youngster as he's played for Porto and Portugal NT. He'll just take a little bit more time to settle in.Devilcool [/size]
(08-06-2017, 02:39 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: I don't know if it's true, but I do know that €70 million + Nian + Paletta is not €100 million which they are asking from foreign clubs. For Milan, they might even reject €120 million for that matter as the release clause is not for italian clubs.

2 weeks until Serie A starts and we need another striker. And maybe also other positions.

From whatever the management has done I don't think they would overpay for any player. And they have said that their valuation of Belotti is 60 million which I think is the perfect price for him. I don't think they would be overpaying for Him by 25-30 million.
(08-06-2017, 05:45 PM)edysim Wrote: I wont be disappointed if we didnt get Belotti, at 60M (which is the max I think we should pay) Cairo should just take the money and strengthen his team.
Count on Silva, he is no ordinary youngster as he's played for Porto and Portugal NT. He'll just take a little bit more time to settle in.Devilcool [/size]

This! I do think he has the potential to be great... just needs time. And from what I've seen so far from Cutrone, I'd rather see us put our faith in those two with Kalinic adding a little more experience. 

This time next year we might be talking about how we need to reject all the bids coming in for those two... I also think they're the right mix to play side by side. Hopefully they both grow this year and we might be looking at our next superstar striking partnership... Our new Inzaghi/Sheva if you will...
(08-06-2017, 04:30 PM)nefremo Wrote: This!  Okmilan

And in a way, what Gilardino was doing at the time was a lot more impressive. First of all, he held that form for 2-3 years...and not only that, he scored under immense pressure. Gilardino literary saved Parma from relegation by scoring goals in the relegation play-off back than. 

I am not saying Belotti won't be a better player than Gilardino.....but right now, at this moment, Cairo is trying to rip us (and other interested clubs) off. He doesn't have to sell. It's his right. But we can not think with emotions in these situations. Belotti may be a fan of Milan, but it doesn't change anything at the moment. He is NOT worth a single Euro over 50mil (and that is a stretch in itself). If we can't have him at that price (which is obvious that we can't) than we move on. I would rather stay with Andre Silva and let him show what he can do in these first few months. There is no point of panicking and overpaying.

Gilardino only have 2 seasons where he scored more than 20 goals. He never have a season of scoring more than 20 goals ever again after that. I am not sure why Gilardino start to go downhill at Milan.