Summer transfer window 2017
Assumption is a new striker shall arrive + Andre Silva, Cutrone as 3rd backup striker..
(08-08-2017, 05:40 AM)edysim Wrote: Assumption is a new striker shall arrive + Andre Silva, Cutrone as 3rd backup striker..

For that assumption to happen, Bacca needs to leave first  Angel
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
Pato earns 18 million per year. I don't think he's going find his form which he had lost it like 4-5 years ago. I would take Kalinic over him any day
I find it bizarre that Pato's under discussion. I was a massive fan of his during his time in Milan when he was previously here and have never hidden my regret that he never lived up to his potential here.

That said, I would never entertain the idea of bringing him back, it's the past now. He's not going to suddenly become a world beater and he's not the right guy to buy for squad rotation. He won't be cheap and despite being injury free, we're not talking about a guy whose physical condition is suited to the top level in Europe. He's not shown anywhere near the form he had in his earlier years in Milan (before the injuries took their toll) and he's not played at the top level since leaving, barring his short spell at Villareal.

Someone said he could be like Borini, but whereas we paid 1m for the Borini loan and probably pay peanuts in his salary, Pato was purchased by the Chinese club for close to 20m (I think) and would be on a significantly higher salary. Borini's not a good player, but he's cheap, a workhorse with tremendous athleticism and has been playing in a top European league. He doesn't have Pato's quality, but for what he was brought in for, he's a better choice than Pato.

I don't want to sound too negative, but I think there's a romantic notion that people have with the idea of Pato returning. As much as I'd love to see him return to finally fulfil the promise he showed 10 years ago (yes it's been that long), it's not going to happen and I think a more cynical view is needed. His story is a sad one when you look back at it and there's not going to be the happy ending I'm sure we'd all have liked.
(08-08-2017, 10:09 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I find it bizarre that Pato's under discussion. I was a massive fan of his during his time in Milan when he was previously here and have never hidden my regret that he never lived up to his potential here.

That said, I would never entertain the idea of bringing him back, it's the past now. He's not going to suddenly become a world beater and he's not the right guy to buy for squad rotation. He won't be cheap and despite being injury free, we're not talking about a guy whose physical condition is suited to the top level in Europe. He's not shown anywhere near the form he had in his earlier years in Milan (before the injuries took their toll) and he's not played at the top level since leaving, barring his short spell at Villareal.

Someone said he could be like Borini, but whereas we paid 1m for the Borini loan and probably pay peanuts in his salary, Pato was purchased by the Chinese club for close to 20m (I think) and would be on a significantly higher salary. Borini's not a good player, but he's cheap, a workhorse with tremendous athleticism and has been playing in a top European league. He doesn't have Pato's quality, but for what he was brought in for, he's a better choice than Pato.

I don't want to sound too negative, but I think there's a romantic notion that people have with the idea of Pato returning. As much as I'd love to see him return to finally fulfil the promise he showed 10 years ago (yes it's been that long), it's not going to happen and I think a more cynical view is needed. His story is a sad one when you look back at it and there's not going to be the happy ending I'm sure we'd all have liked.

Great post Okmilan

I am actually surprised that many people want him back. Even in social media majority of them want him back. I don't understand why people wany him back?? Due to his potential which ended like 5 years before??
Let's hope Barcelona get Coutinho (instead of Dembele) so that we can have Aubameyang. If we can afford him that is. According to Tuttosport (maybe not reliable) our budget for a new striker is €30 million, which will buy us Kalinic...

On the Pato discussion I must say that I was a huge fan of him and his style of play when he was here. Too bad with all the injuries. I think maybe he has other ambitions and motivations now. In a perfect world he would have been able to fulfill his potential at Milan, but it's probably too late for that now.
It means we are waiting for Barcelona to make a move Big Grin

OMG, they are slow like hell and their atrocious negotiation skill will skyrocket the price Big Grin
Just bring back Cerci or Matri and finish "torturing" about attackers. That's something marvelous G would do.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
.@Sport_Mediaset claim that Milan have inquired about Immobile but haven't taken further steps forward for the player until the moment

23 goals in 36 matches (Belotti 26/35) is surely better than Kalinic. His second best is 22/33 in 2013/2014. He lost 1 season in Dormund and another with 2 loans.

Lazio bought him last season for only about 9M, so 25-30M is the right price. Let's do it, Fiorentina can keep Kalinic Big Grin
(08-08-2017, 10:38 AM)Milan369 Wrote: Great post Okmilan

I am actually surprised that many people want him back. Even in social media majority of them want him back. I don't understand why people wany him back?? Due to his potential which ended like 5 years before??

Thanks Smile