Summer transfer window 2017
(08-11-2017, 08:33 AM)sylrus Wrote: if montella wants kalinic im in doubt with that move, because we know how that went last season when montella want sosa and mati on the team. i dont think montella is a good talent spotter, unlike miha.

I am certain that Montella never took credit for Sosa, that was clearly a Galliani signing. Mati was a last ditch effort to get someone cheap in the dying hours of the market, he had worked with him before and knew that he was capable, just a shame that he was so plagued with injuries. Which talents would you credit Miha for spotting?
(08-11-2017, 08:33 AM)sylrus Wrote: if montella wants kalinic im in doubt with that move, because we know how that went last season when montella want sosa and mati on the team. i dont think montella is a good talent spotter, unlike miha.

It was Gallaini who wanted Sosa not Montella. We had only 15 million transfer budget and spent it on fodders like Lapadula and Sosa. So Mati was a last minute buy.
It's reported Montella would count on André Silva as our main striker.

That means we won't buy any big striker, and we would only have, right now, Silva and Cutrone (Bacca is going to leave at the end). That also means we're going to take Kalinic, and if we look further, we will play a lone striker formation (4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-3-2-1, or 3-4-3).

Bold formations : we still need one midfielder because we only have Biglia-Kessie-Calhanoglu-Loca-Monto as valid players (with Biglia who is already injured and Monto who can be injury prone), add Sosa who doesn't want to leave but is useless, and you see our need. I hope we won't go for Badelj but a better option. We also need a winger, unless our roster is Bona-Niang on the left and Suso-Borini on the right, and that Montella thinks it's enough for now.

Other two formations : our roster in midfield is ok, but we would need a player who can play on a wing or as a CAM again.

The next few days of our mercato will help us to understand how Montella wants to play.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Needless to be talking about the Milan striker ,the situation is really simple,the management of the club wants to bring a strong name between Aubameyang,D.Costa and Belotti.
On all three of these players they are difficult to take for different reasons for example :

1)Aubameyang would like to come but the price is very high 70M\80M plus 8M per year

2)D.Costa among all is the easiest to take if only the boy want to return so strongly to the athletic

3) Belotti Even though lately we are not talking about it, they are working on it,the player wants to come and not talk about why he knows even if he says "I want to go to Milan" Cairo would make it all the more difficult,and when Montella and management say "We can not speak publicly to the press for striker names" is for him.

When they realize that none of these names can come to Milan they will buy Kalinic.

Kalinic,Silva,Cutrone and Niang are not a battery of attackers for compete in first 4 position,Basically they are all bets.
atleast miha dare to put out new youngster in the squad like dollar, calabria, i dont think other coach would do the same like him. but in terms of tactics i think miha and montella is on par.
(08-11-2017, 08:46 AM)Nicolas Wrote:  Which talents would you credit Miha for spotting?

Besides those from our own he launched - Romagnoli ,not just in Milan but before. Player himself credited Miha for his development.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
(08-11-2017, 11:40 AM)sylrus Wrote: atleast miha dare to put out new youngster in the squad like dollar, calabria, i dont think other coach would do the same like him. but in terms of tactics i think miha and montella is on par.

What about Locatelli?? He got playing time under Montella. Most of our signings are youngsters.

I do rate Montella above Miha because Miha had about 100 million budget and still got sacked in mid season due to poor performance. While Montella had 15 million budget and got us back into Europe despite having injuries.
(08-11-2017, 11:40 AM)sylrus Wrote: atleast miha dare to put out new youngster in the squad like dollar, calabria, i dont think other coach would do the same like him. but in terms of tactics i think miha and montella is on par.

Miha is a simpleminded coach suited for a small team. He has shown little tactical prowess before, during or after he was here and in that regard he is significantly worse than Montella. Credit for him having the guts to give Donnarumma a chance but apart from that we did little for our youth. Players like Locatelli didn’t get a proper chance at all during his stint here.
(08-11-2017, 12:29 PM)Milan369 Wrote: What about Locatelli?? He got playing time under Montella. Most of our signings are youngsters.

I do rate Montella above Miha because Miha had about 100 million budget and still got sacked in mid season due to poor performance. While Montella had 15 million budget and got us back into Europe despite having injuries.

Locatelli got some time under Miha ,but it was obvious that he's not ready for serious football. Also Calabria. They're cultivated in background and prepared for Montella to use. Miha asked for three players from board. Romagnioli ,Bacca and Kondogbia. Forst two he got and they did well. Those which failed are those picked by G. Also don't forget that Miha had Euro spot when he got sacked. Brocchi blew it away. There are also other factors included in Miha vs Montella. As second one got fully adapted players from Miha (aka big part of 100 million budget) ,young forces hungry of success ,second one also had zero pressure from media ,board and part of supporters compared to Miha's "objective" which was "entering CL" according to board ,which made significant difference about team atmosphere. Also no rotten apples as Crapotelli ,Menez ,Boa etc which also made significant difference about team atmosphere etc...
There's need to look at larger and deeper picture ,not just superficial glance look at things.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
(08-11-2017, 12:11 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: Besides those from our own he launched - Romagnoli ,not just in Milan but before. Player himself credited Miha for his development.

Miha played CD so he has tons of experience and tricks to transfer, but Montella helped Romagnoli to be better at ball playing:
http://www.football-italia.net/91166/rom...mihajlovic

And now Cutrone is learning poacher tips from Montella, so I think the little plane is not inferior.