Summer transfer window 2017
A loan + option is no risk to us. It's a win win.

Thiago was aleays injured at Barca too. He misses a fair amount at Bayern also, but nowhere near as much. Sometimes all the players need is change.
(08-24-2017, 09:58 AM)nefremo Wrote: A loan + option is no risk to us. It's a win win.

Thiago was aleays injured at Barca too. He misses a fair amount at Bayern also, but nowhere near as much. Sometimes all the players need is change.

I guess so, as long as we sign someone that we can actually rely on as well. 
La Liga is much less physical league than Serie A, so I predict that he will run into a lot of big and small injuries if he comes here. 
That cruciate ligament rupture will most likely come back to haunt him later, as it usually does. I see him as damaged goods, and the way he has been played in various positions at Barca doesn’t bode well either, - I prefer players who excell in one area, not those who fills in wherever they need to.
(08-24-2017, 09:58 AM)nefremo Wrote: A loan + option is no risk to us. It's a win win.

I dont think it is win win. If we take him, he will take one spot that can be used for player with better injuries record. If he is injured than a lose for us since we can not play him. It is not the case of doubting his quality bur more about his injury.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
Rafinha could also be used as a super sub
(08-24-2017, 11:06 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: Rafinha could also be used as a super sub

If only he is healthy
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(08-24-2017, 11:02 AM)Siregar Wrote: I dont think it is win win. If we take him, he will take one spot that can be used for player with better injuries record. If he is injured than a lose for us since we can not play him. It is not the case of doubting his quality bur more about his injury.

Ok, but who? We also seem to have run out of money. We are waiting to sell before we buy. I don't see many other good options available on a loan. 

Also, we have no other left footed attacker. If Suso goes down, it chages the entire complexion of the team...especially if 4-3-3 is the main template. 

If we sell Niang and get Keita than ok. But I still don't see why that would exclude Rafinha. They serve diffeeent needs.
(08-24-2017, 12:02 PM)nefremo Wrote: Ok, but who? We also seem to have run out of money. We are waiting to sell before we buy. I don't see many other good options available on a loan. 

Also, we have no other left footed attacker. If Suso goes down, it chages the entire complexion of the team...especially if 4-3-3 is the main template. 

If we sell Niang and get Keita than ok. But I still don't see why that would exclude Rafinha. They serve diffeeent needs.

FM should have options, including players never mentioned or we don't know. What I concern only, if we get Rafinha then we won't get player with same position we want to play Rafinha.

Hopefully Keita changes his mind and signs for Milan. I am actually not worried about him wanting Juve, they are professional footballers. If he comes, he would fight for a place in starting eleven.

Talking about left-footed player, I don't think there should be a problem if we get quality wing forward. Bonaventura could be sub for Suso, so could Calhanoglu. In addition, reading news that we might try 3-5-2 which pretty different from 4-3-3 if we look at type of players play for the formations. So, Montella must have options of formation including the one that is totally different from 433.
(08-24-2017, 12:02 PM)nefremo Wrote: Ok, but who? We also seem to have run out of money. We are waiting to sell before we buy. I don't see many other good options available on a loan. 

That depends which position they have in mind for Rafinha since he has been utilised all over the field at Barca. 

If Keita decides to stick to his guns, and we are strapped for cash, I’d take Ljajic. He has all the tools needed to be deployed on the wings, he is still young, he has a lot of unfulfilled potential and he has worked with Montella before. As far as I can read he has fallen out with Miha. Give them Paletta and €10M in installments, that should be enough.

For the central midfield, I would have loved to see us snap up Benassi. He was an absolute bargain. Alas he is gone so I’d try to get someone like Riechedly Bazoer, Omar Mascarell, Vincent Koziello or Nabil Bentaleb. Except for perhaps Bentaleb, I’d think that all of those could be attained with a paid loan + option/obligation to buy package.
(08-24-2017, 12:57 PM)Nicolas Wrote: That depends which position they have in mind for Rafinha since he has been utilised all over the field at Barca. 

If Keita decides to stick to his guns, and we are strapped for cash, I’d take Ljajic. He has all the tools needed to be deployed on the wings, he is still young, he has a lot of unfulfilled potential and he has worked with Montella before. As far as I can read he has fallen out with Miha. Give them Paletta and €10M in installments, that should be enough.

For the central midfield, I would have loved to see us snap up Benassi. He was an absolute bargain. Alas he is gone so I’d try to get someone like Riechedly Bazoer, Omar Mascarell, Vincent Koziello or Nabil Bentaleb. Except for perhaps Bentaleb, I’d think that all of those could be attained with a paid loan + option/obligation to buy package.

Not Koziello too, because he's been a starter in Nice. They are a selling club (obviously) but they won't accept that kind of deal as they haven't enough money to replace the guy, so the sale would help them if they had to sell this player.

Anyway, do we really need another midfielder ?
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(08-24-2017, 01:44 PM)GeoTav Wrote: Not Koziello too, because he's been a starter in Nice. They are a selling club (obviously) but they won't accept that kind of deal as they haven't enough money to replace the guy, so the sale would help them if they had to sell this player.

Anyway, do we really need another midfielder ?

IF we dont get a winger, we need a midfielder. Calhagnolu then plays as left wing since BOrini should not play so often, he should use as sub not starting line up Big Grin.

IF we get quality winger, it is better to get a midfielder who can cover right CM and left CM since we lack of such kind of midfielders (actually we lack of all type of midfielders).