Summer transfer window 2017
(08-24-2017, 12:57 PM)Nicolas Wrote: That depends which position they have in mind for Rafinha since he has been utilised all over the field at Barca. 

If Keita decides to stick to his guns, and we are strapped for cash, I’d take Ljajic. He has all the tools needed to be deployed on the wings, he is still young, he has a lot of unfulfilled potential and he has worked with Montella before. As far as I can read he has fallen out with Miha. Give them Paletta and €10M in installments, that should be enough.

For the central midfield, I would have loved to see us snap up Benassi. He was an absolute bargain. Alas he is gone so I’d try to get someone like Riechedly Bazoer, Omar Mascarell, Vincent Koziello or Nabil Bentaleb. Except for perhaps Bentaleb, I’d think that all of those could be attained with a paid loan + option/obligation to buy package.

Benassi imo is as average as average gets. Even Cairo let him go for cheap AND he was their captain. This is a player destined for midtable teams. I really don't see anything special in him. He reminds me of Poli at Sampdoria. Decent games, praised by many, but than you watch him play and you can't for the life of you figure out what is so special and different about him that almost any other Serie A player doesn't possess. Players like Benassi can be found at every corner in every Serie A club.

Bazoer has already failed outside of Ajax, no? I would rather take my chances on Rafinha being healthy than the current Bazoer. Ajax players are system players. They are talented, but there is a reason why many of them fail to do well outside of their "comfort". Again, he has proven to be nothing more than average. When healthy, and I understand that this is a big IF and completely understand the people that don't want him here, but Rafinha is twice the player that Benassi and Bazoer are or ever will be. (I know that they are also different types of players)

I don't know who Omar Mascarell is to be honest. I LOVE Koziello...but like Geo said, there is no way he would be allowed to leave for anything less than 25-30mil, and even that might not be enough. 

About Ljajic, he is clearly talented but for some reason he keeps bouncing around Serie A and fails to leave his mark anywhere. He would perhaps be a decent option off the bench.....but I don't expect much more from him than what we get from Niang. It's a step sideways if you ask me.
Andriy Shevchenko warned “with the transfer market they had, Milan must target winning the Scudetto.”

And few days ago he spoke entire different story Big Grin
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
(08-24-2017, 05:18 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: Andriy Shevchenko warned “with the transfer market they had, Milan must target winning the Scudetto.”

And few days ago he spoke entire different story Big Grin

He was a politician, you know Big Grin

And he has the same birthday as Berlusconi Big Grin
(08-24-2017, 03:19 PM)nefremo Wrote: Benassi imo is as average as average gets. Even Cairo let him go for cheap AND he was their captain. This is a player destined for midtable teams. I really don't see anything special in him. He reminds me of Poli at Sampdoria. Decent games, praised by many, but than you watch him play and you can't for the life of you figure out what is so special and different about him that almost any other Serie A player doesn't possess. Players like Benassi can be found at every corner in every Serie A club.

Bazoer has already failed outside of Ajax, no? I would rather take my chances on Rafinha being healthy than the current Bazoer. Ajax players are system players. They are talented, but there is a reason why many of them fail to do well outside of their "comfort". Again, he has proven to be nothing more than average. When healthy, and I understand that this is a big IF and completely understand the people that don't want him here, but Rafinha is twice the player that Benassi and Bazoer are or ever will be. (I know that they are also different types of players)

I don't know who Omar Mascarell is to be honest. I LOVE Koziello...but like Geo said, there is no way he would be allowed to leave for anything less than 25-30mil, and even that might not be enough. 

About Ljajic, he is clearly talented but for some reason he keeps bouncing around Serie A and fails to leave his mark anywhere. He would perhaps be a decent option off the bench.....but I don't expect much more from him than what we get from Niang. It's a step sideways if you ask me.
Good analysis  :thumps:

Well this is where is gets down to subjective ways to see a player. I always liked Benassi, and I think that it says a lot that Miha trusted him with the armband. I get that it can arouse suspicion when he was allowed to leave at that price, but I believe he will do very well at Fiorentina. Maybe he will never amount to anything great, but I’d have taken a chance with him.

Bazoer was the talk of the town a year ago, we were linked heavily with him, but he made a bad choice when he moved to Wolfsburg in the winter market. The club was going through an awful year, and that makes it card for a talent to grow, the conditions just aren’t there. That is also why the price is so low, but I’d definitely give it a go, he can still live up to what he displayed at Ajax.

Maybe Koziello is outside our budget, and perhaps I was optimistic to add him, but perhaps the alure of joining this project could incentivise him to push for this move to happen.

It has always been a bit puzzling to me that Ljajic’s career has played out the way that it has so far. He was supposed to replace Ronaldo at ManU, he should have excelled at Roma and I was surprised to see him get so little time on the field under Mancini. The only time he has thrived is under Montella’s guidance, and I’d like to see those two reunited. I am absolutely certain that he would do a lot better on the wing here than Niang could dream of. At the end of the day Niang isn’t a winger, just a mediocre forward with pace. Maybe there is something to Ljajic that prevents him from fulfilling his potential, but I’ve always seen a bit of Savicevic in him, so in that way I’m biased.

Of course if Rafinha was healthy, and if he hadn’t had those serious injuries we’d be having a different discussion now, but then the chances of Barca letting him leave would be much smaller as well. At the moment he is a lottery ticket, one that might pay off, but one where the odds are not in his favour. I’d rather have someone we can rely on, cause he’d come here to add depth to the squad.
(08-24-2017, 05:58 PM)Nicolas Wrote: Of course if Rafinha was healthy, and if he hadn’t had those serious injuries we’d be having a different discussion now, but then the chances of Barca letting him leave would be much smaller as well. At the moment he is a lottery ticket, one that might pay off, but one where the odds are not in his favour. I’d rather have someone we can rely on, cause he’d come here to add depth to the squad.

I don't disagree. I've said before that I have a liking for this player because I've been impressed in the past, and therefore my view is biased. I know he is a big risk. The thing is that the options you have provided are risks as well in their own way. The only difference is that Rafinha looks absolutely great when he is healthy. Again, this is a big IF...I get it. But at least that's his excuse. The others have NO excuse. They've been mediocre when healthy. 

As I said, a loan with option to buy is very little to no risk on Rafinha. If we can find someone else with his quality on a loan, than fine. Problem is, there is nobody that I can think of. I don't see us splashing any more money. I think we are done spending cash. UNLESS we sell Niang, Paletta, Sosa for cash that we can use right now...I don't see us spending. In this sense of having no more decent money to spend, Rafinha would be a good option in my opinion. 

About Ljajic...I know he is a better winger (and a player in general) than Niang. My mention of Niang wasn't to compare the talents or quality of the players but more so to compare the way the careers of both players have developed so far. For me, there is no reason to believe that Ljajic would be any different at Milan than what he's been everywhere else he's been. Yes, he played well for Montella but that was years ago. Things change. Ljaic would be a Galliani move. One that we make for a player that's "broken" and pray that he goes back to the way he played before he was "broken". That strategy hasn't worked out very well for us these last few years. I'd rather not go back to it.
(08-24-2017, 05:23 PM)Aficio Wrote: He was a politician, you know Big Grin

And he has the same birthday as Berlusconi Big Grin

Not to mention the last time he talked, neither he nor anyone else had seen our team play yet. 
Things can change a lot after a few competitive games and no goals conceded Big Grin
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
GROUP D

Milan
(ITA)
Austria Wien
(AUT)
Rijeka
(CRO)
AEK
(GRE)

Our opponents in the group stages. Seems a fair group.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
(08-25-2017, 12:36 PM)Ryo Wrote: GROUP D

Milan
(ITA)
Austria Wien
(AUT)
Rijeka
(CRO)
AEK
(GRE)

Our opponents in the group stages. Seems a fair group.

Affordable teams, and comfortable departures. One could not ask for better.
Talking about the mercato we have to see what happens whit player like Niang,Paletta,Sosa and Gomez.
We have to see what happens monday after cda but in general i think we have finished our mercato however i continue to follow the saga Keita.
Rafinha ? Only a poll by Milan nothing more.

Let's see what will he say Yonghong Li after the game.
Need to offload also Mauri. He needs games. Need at least one quality and healthy midfielder. It is enough with Biglia who seems a bit injury prone, we need a much more healty midfielder as our backup.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta