Summer transfer window 2017
I think the 3 CB formation is currently not feasible.

Romagnoli is finding his form after injury. His performance in Europa League was not encouraging.

Bonucci & Musa are new player, they also need some time to build chemistry with the ones around them. We need a cohesive team first.
I am surprised to see such meltdowns from our fans all over the Internet. Maybe over the last few years we have gotten used to panicking and the habit sticks.

We are a few games into the season. With a brand new team with tons of potential. Let's wait until December until we make any definite conclusions.
(08-29-2017, 01:59 AM)Aficio Wrote: I think the 3 CB formation is currently not feasible.

Romagnoli is finding his form after injury. His performance in Europa League was not encouraging.

Bonucci & Musa are new player, they also need some time to build chemistry with the ones around them. We need a cohesive team first.

That is true but you get your top form by playing and right now the best chance for him to get games is when we play 3 CB formation since he would get covered by the system especially 3-5-2 formation.

Romagnoli is a very good defender and we should rely on him. Along with Dorarumma and Suso, Romagnoli is our diamond from last years team.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(08-29-2017, 02:42 AM)somedevil Wrote: I am surprised to see such meltdowns from our fans all over the Internet. Maybe over the last few years we have gotten used to panicking and the habit sticks.

We are a few games into the season. With a brand new team with tons of potential. Let's wait until December until we make any definite conclusions.

I think it's more to do with fans being paranoid. If you see the team not performing, you start to get worried it's gonna be a long term thing. Don't forget, last year we were 2nd going into the winter break, and still ended up 6th only. At the same time, we all complained about how crappy our play was in the second half of the season (not mentioning all the injuries and stuff).

The last game was the last one in a cycle of games spanning back to the start of preseason. The team, that has only just been brought together in the last 2 months, have been playing very much on the regular for over a month and a half, I don't see why it's unacceptable that we looked tired or out of sorts against a team who are suppose to be fresher than us. Not to mention that most of our players had to shorten their holidays between last season and this one just to join our project, and some of them even had to play during the early summer months as well..

I see a lot of positives to be honest, more so than negatives. You can complain all you want that this or that player didn't get purchased, or that this or that player wasn't performing. But it was ONE game (well, actually 63 minutes until Biglia came on), and we actually WON it. The entire team has been upgraded so that instead of the bare minimum of expectations, we are actually trying to fight for a CL place. What more do you want?

No other team in the history of takeovers has ever won a title right off the bat. Not PSG, not Chelsea, nor Man City. We're already going in the right direction, there's no need to panic just because our midfield didn't show up for 2/3rds of a game against relatively weaker opponents.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
(08-28-2017, 11:55 PM)WCmilan Wrote: Not to instigate anything, but did anyone see Belotti's gorgeous bicycle kick goal against Sassuolo Big Grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfZLockKkT0

I'll be honest, I'm happy with Andre Silva. I think he can score goals & he's very technical. Plus, we have Cutrone who will continue improving.
I'm not so happy with Calhanoglu. He comes up with some delicious crosses/passing & through balls but very static. I'm not sure if this is because of his extended time off. Reminds me of Honda tbh.

you should see the third goal, that is the kind of team play that i would like to see from a striker, he can score inredible goals(like bacca) but when he can't even play as a team, or contribute to team play, i don't think the player is good enough, seeing the highlights of the match at 1st i though that belloti was out of touch, he can't even connect to his teammates, but after that bicycle kick goal, he manages to have a good run evading a few defenders and giving a nice assist.

back on topic, yes i think so much fans out there is really2 hoping so much, when we got this whole new team to work with for just 2 months and expecting something like we need to win the scudetto, if we win the scudetto with this new team, than it's all good, but if not, it wouldn't be the end of the world, our objective this season is to get to UCL, either through finishing 4th or above, or by winning the Europa League. or maybe both, we finish 4th and still win the EL.
(08-29-2017, 03:45 AM)Ryo Wrote: I see a lot of positives to be honest, more so than negatives. You can complain all you want that this or that player didn't get purchased, or that this or that player wasn't performing. But it was ONE game (well, actually 63 minutes until Biglia came on), and we actually WON it. The entire team has been upgraded so that instead of the bare minimum of expectations, we are actually trying to fight for a CL place. What more do you want?

certain people will always complain..even if FM buy entire Real Madrid team..they will still complain.
even if Milan win every game 6-0..unbeaten the whole season..won treble/every trophy...they will also find a way to complain

just enjoy this season.. Sagrin
Hello. Long time reader, first time poster.
Thanks to everyone for posting. I enjoy your discussions, analysis, and "insider" stories.

Few days before the transfer windows close, I would like to share my opinion.

First, our best signing is the new management. They are doing very good job, given the resources they have at their disposal. I hope they have plan for a stadium, since I can't see the long term progress we'd like without one.

I'm satisfied with the new players. Maybe, we would've get a better one here and there, but the management were facing a complete team makeover and they took a step in the right direction. Next, evaluate the performance, and continue to improve the team. I hope we'll sell the first choice goalkeeper very soon, his social circle is very toxic and he didn't show the pride and humility to wear the Milan shirt.

My only complaint is the coach. I was never impressed with his tactics, he didn't show the ability to adapt to oponents, nor has exceled in one formation. The first few games of the season from a tactical perspective were not an improvement compared to the last season. I hope I'm wrong about him, and I would gladly apologize if he proves me wrong with the results.

Looking foward to this season of domestic and , finally, european football.
It seems like we have the quality now. All our players are capable, they show it and have shown it wherever they have played. Nobody we bought is a fodder IMO, Calhanoglu, if he doesn't straighten up his fitness & figure out his squad role better, could be (not his fault, more Montella).

One thing is absolutely certain, Locatelli should 100% start over Montolivo from now on.

That makes me somewhat question Montella, but I'd wait at least two months to see how things progress. For now I think it's way too early to complain! Let's just enjoy winning games lol. I remember the commentators on Sunday saying we haven't won our first two league matches since 2012 IIRC (can't remember if that was the year).

Plus, we can't be disappointed if come January we have 1,2 or even 3 players who aren't all we thought they'd be. It's very common when out of a pool of 11+ new players come in. When clubs sign 4-5 signings most of the time at least one of them doesn't work out. So, even at that point we should not point fingers. It's just a natural chain of events when you have an entire squad to redo.

Also just to clarify, I'm not saying Calhanoglu is a bad player. Two seasons ago or less he was one of the hottest prospects around and very impressive in CL for Bayer. I just don't see him being utilized properly in Montella's tactical setup.

In terms of the panic in general, I think it's due to the fact that we played against Cagliari as bad as we played yesterday. Fans are super excited because of all the changes, they'll easily be disappointed if our gameplay remains just as bad as last season.
So it seems, according to Gazzetta, we're going to bid for Keita again but this time it's just a player exchange with Paletta and Niang. If F&M manage to pull that off it's pretty much a miracle.

Welcome to MM DrDejan Smile
(08-29-2017, 05:04 AM)WCmilan Wrote: It seems like we have the quality now. All our players are capable, they show it and have shown it wherever they have played. Nobody we bought is a fodder IMO, Calhanoglu, if he doesn't straighten up his fitness & figure out his squad role better, could be (not his fault, more Montella).

One thing is absolutely certain, Locatelli should 100% start over Montolivo from now on.

That makes me somewhat question Montella, but I'd wait at least two months to see how things progress. For now I think it's way too early to complain! Let's just enjoy winning games lol. I remember the commentators on Sunday saying we haven't won our first two league matches since 2012 IIRC (can't remember if that was the year).

Plus, we can't be disappointed if come January we have 1,2 or even 3 players who aren't all we thought they'd be. It's very common when out of a pool of 11+ new players come in. When clubs sign 4-5 signings most of the time at least one of them doesn't work out. So, even at that point we should not point fingers. It's just a natural chain of events when you have an entire squad to redo.

Also just to clarify, I'm not saying Calhanoglu is a bad player. Two seasons ago or less he was one of the hottest prospects around and very impressive in CL for Bayer. I just don't see him being utilized properly in Montella's tactical setup.

In terms of the panic in general, I think it's due to the fact that we played against Cagliari as bad as we played yesterday. Fans are super excited because of all the changes, they'll easily be disappointed if our gameplay remains just as bad as last season.

From what I observe, Calhanoglu need to play in the centre and probably best behind 2 strikers. I really don't see him fitting into 4-3-3 and we don't have the left forward we need to play 4-3-3 well.