Milan Management
I'm after his head for almost a year now Big Grin

@Porcho

Luis Enrique(no thanks)
Paulo Sousa(not sure he'd be the right fit)
Thomas Tuchel(Not much of a fan)
Walter Mazzarri(Again, never been a fan)
Laurent Blanc(not sure he's the right fit)

All those guys are far far faaar better than Montella. At the there's always option that you offer them just contract till the end of curent season (like Chelsea did twice with Hidink) and than that time spend finding serious coach for next season. To agree terms ,eventual compensation for his current club etc...
About Ancelotti I also found some speculations that he will leave Bayern in january ,but next destination is aparently China. If FM could persuate him to go here instead of there it would be great.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
(09-14-2017, 11:32 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: One fucking loss and everyone is going for his head. Unbelievably shameful!

With the exception of Sampinjon who has for a long time wanted him gone, is anyone specifically after his head? I can't see posts here from others who are saying to sack him now, even if people (me included) have been left frustrated at some of his choices. Obviously after a heavy defeat like the one we had against Lazio, it's normal that those frustrations are manifested in more emotional responses.

All that said, I do think most people generally support Montella for now and are willing to understand that this is a brand new team and simply put results won't come in a month. I maintain my stance from before, I will question his choices at times, but I continue to support him.
I am not for sacking anybody in middle of season, especially first half. Doesn't mean I think Montella is great. I see no signs he will be great for us when (hopefully next season) we return to CL for example. Partly not his fault of course but something like Montolivo Biglia Kessie will be eaten alive by big European teams and arguably it is wasting Biglia's usefulness to do a 4-3-3.
(09-14-2017, 03:24 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: With the exception of Sampinjon who has for a long time wanted him gone, is anyone specifically after his head? I can't see posts here from others who are saying to sack him now, even if people (me included) have been left frustrated at some of his choices. Obviously after a heavy defeat like the one we had against Lazio, it's normal that those frustrations are manifested in more emotional responses.

All that said, I do think most people generally support Montella for now and are willing to understand that this is a brand new team and simply put results won't come in a month. I maintain my stance from before, I will question his choices at times, but I continue to support him.

Agree with this. The problem is Montella has been seen as stubborn regarding of Montolivo-Locatelli choice. Locatelli has been more disciplined, motivated and fresh than Montolivo but still it is clear to be seen that Montella prefer Montolivo than Locatelli. This things happened and happened and getting worse since Montolivo did almost nothing but at the same time costed Milan goal (s). So many have frustated and the game vs Lazio was until now probably the peak. 

I still trust Montella, but he is so stubborn. Big Grin
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
Me 2.

Montella is stucking in the road from good to great. And Milan need great coaches.

It is reasonable if we discuss his "great" aspect when he achieves something, like Super Cup win against Juve, and his "forever good' aspect after last match.

Regarding calling for his head, even if he is not the right coach, this is not the moment to sack a coach, but it is not early to reassess his ability and consider the alternatives. Risk management.
Can't see anyone really calling for his head other then Sampinjon, but he's been calling for his head since last year.
And it's got nothing to do with the one result, I think everyone has been pretty clear and concise with why they are unhappy with Montella. It has to do with his formation and 1st team choices. It is early days, and he could yet prove us wrong, but so far he's all he's achieved in Serie A is getting a significantly better team playing at the same level as we played last year.

Todays result definitely changes things. We played significantly better with that formation but, at the same time, it was a weaker team. Only time will tell, but I don't think Montella can afford to make too many mistakes. The aim is CL and if that aim is looking hard to achieve come xmas, we might find Fasobelli looking for a replacement that will put us back on track.
(09-14-2017, 02:53 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: I'm after his head for almost a year now Big Grin

@Porcho

Luis Enrique(no thanks)
Paulo Sousa(not sure he'd be the right fit)
Thomas Tuchel(Not much of a fan)
Walter Mazzarri(Again, never been a fan)
Laurent Blanc(not sure he's the right fit)

All those guys are far far faaar better than Montella. At the there's always option that you offer them just contract till the end of curent season (like Chelsea did twice with Hidink) and than that time spend finding serious coach for next season. To agree terms ,eventual compensation for his current club etc...
About Ancelotti I also found some speculations that he will leave Bayern in january ,but next destination is aparently China. If FM could persuate him to go here instead of there it would be great.
There is no way Mazzarri and Enrique are better then Montella... 
Sousa, Tuchel, Blanc could work as interim coaches. And, who knows, one might come in and prove us wrong, then we don't end up needing to sign a new coach after that
(09-14-2017, 11:44 PM)porcho Wrote: Can't see anyone really calling for his head other then Sampinjon, but he's been calling for his head since last year...

I would like to see a new coach, too.
In my opinion, Montella is a mediocre manager destined for mid-table teams. I can say many things about his style of play, but will emphasise only one - I will never respect a coach who allows the attacker to receive the ball turned with the back towards the goalkeeper, while in attacking phase, period. And, don't get me started about the players choices and his recommendations - we paid 20 something millions for Kalinic, wtf.
He is not the one that will bring back the glory of Milan. I hope the executive management has a plan in place after this transitional year when only CL qualification is the target.
so you dont like how ibra play? you dont like how vieri play? you dont like how sheva play? they used to be able to receive the ball with their back on the gk, and they still manage to contribute or even score goals, have you seen what gila can do when he is at parma in his younger days? receiving the ball with his back on the gk and straight shot at the goal and score it. not every player is inzaghi, even luca toni sometime receive the ball with his back on the gk, your point is obsolete here, what i dont like about montella right now is how he pick his players, why keep insisting on playing badly perform player when there is someone that can perform much better, if its because of seniority than i am absolutely against that idea.
Having an attacker who receives the ball with his back to goal isn't something that's always in the control of a coach, it's a natural feature of play given attackers play the highest position in a team. Regardless of how you play and who with, there will always be instances where the attacker will have to play back to goal and it's become required skill in the game to allow the attacker to bring in others into the attack.

Montella in this respect doesn't demand anything that other coaches don't. Take a look at yesterday's goals, 4 out of the 5 goals were goals scored where the ball was put in front of the scorer facing the goal. The other one was a 30 yard shot from Suso. There's nothing abnormal from Montella in this regard.

My only gripe with Montella yesterday was not including Locatelli on the bench. I find his decisions with Locatelli extremely frustrating, as there's no apparent reason for them.