Summer Mercato 2019
(09-10-2018, 01:01 AM)porcho Wrote: For me it's an easy one...
CHiesa>Suso... Chiesa is not a one trick wonder and he's younger.
Sell Suso for 40-45m and pay 45-50m for Chiesa... We end up with a player that's at the same level, who's younger, less predictable, and has a higher ceiling.

Bingo
Could we get Chiesa with similar price with Suso?
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(09-10-2018, 01:55 AM)Siregar Wrote: Could we get Chiesa with similar price with Suso?

I believe he will cost more than Suso but not significantly more
Paredes still on the radar
(09-11-2018, 11:23 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: Paredes still on the radar

I think it was related to the report I posted about the other day, the one saying Paredes, Barella and Tonali and being looked at. For anyone interested, Tonali is the guy that plays a lot like Pirlo, here's a video:

(09-12-2018, 08:19 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I think it was related to the report I posted about the other day, the one saying Paredes, Barella and Tonali and being looked at. For anyone interested, Tonali is the guy that plays a lot like Pirlo, here's a video:

He is still 18 years old and already played last half season as regular starter (17 games all 90 minutes).

We could follow Juve's strategy in investing in young players. Get Tonali and let him stay in Brescia for this season and loan him out to Serie A club next season or two before he is ready to compete with other MIlan midfielders.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
I'm not sure how feasible that is as we're currently not in a position to work like Juve financially, but I'm certainly interested in him.

Also, a number of clubs are apparently after him, so based on what I've read he won't be that cheap
(09-12-2018, 12:35 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I'm not sure how feasible that is as we're currently not in a position to work like Juve financially, but I'm certainly interested in him.

Also, a number of clubs are apparently after him, so based on what I've read he won't be that cheap

I agree we're not in that financial position but there's no reason why we couldn't do it for a couple of players. This guy, for me, is a must. Sign him now and leave him at brescia for the season. Next season send him somewhere like Genoa on a 1-2 year loan. Then, hopefully, we bring in the next Pirlo
(09-12-2018, 10:58 PM)porcho Wrote: I agree we're not in that financial position but there's no reason why we couldn't do it for a couple of players. This guy, for me, is a must. Sign him now and leave him at brescia for the season. Next season send him somewhere like Genoa on a 1-2 year loan. Then, hopefully, we bring in the next Pirlo

This what I meant. We buy very two-three young players who would be ready in the next couple of seasons and loan them out in the range of mentioned time like Juve did with Caldara. 

If a player like Tonali is ready to compete with our players, it is really not a good thing, something wrong with the quality of our squad. This means, Tonali does still need tons of games to be prepared to play with Milan.
Never seen the guy play in a real game.....but honestly, I wasn't impressed by that video. The first 3-4 passes are hopeful long balls that don't even meet the target. The rest are decent diagonals, but he had a ton of time and space on the ball. The video doesn't show him play the ball under pressure and there is nothing spectacular in what he does.

Anyway, we are not in position to invest in many young talents and leave them elsewhere to develop. We need to make sure our team is top and can fight for top honors so that's where the investment should be. Having said that, if we pick out 1 a year that is worth spending 10-15mil (like Tonali, if we have scouted him and believe he is it), then I don't see the problem even if it takes away a little from our senior team. I think of it this way....it's not buying a Borini + his salary. We can live with that.