Cagliari vs. Milan 9/16/18
First 15 minutes : horrible
Later until break : good performance
Second half: first 15 minutes promising play
Later on: decreasing in term of effectivity
Last 15-20 minutes: possesed the ball but nothing threaten opponent. Gattuso did fail in this range of time. His substitute did not work.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(09-16-2018, 09:38 PM)Siregar Wrote: LOL were really there?

We have only two strikers and there is still people claiming we would not need Cutrone? 

Cutrone is indeed important for us but we just can't risk him.

I meant many were optimistic that we could win easily.
Not a great game. We were wasteful and slow in the build up. Giving awa the first 15 minutes and conceding the goal meant that is was going to be tough. Still, we had 30 minutes to grab the winner and we didn't do enough.

Suso is really getting on my nerve. Kills many attacks and potential counters by stopping the ball and then being selfish. Poor Calabria...so many overlaps yet he barely ever gets released by Suso.

Disappointing game by Hakan as well.

We need some variation in our tactics. The other day we switched to a 442 and won the game. It's important to be able to do that. Teams struggle to adapt on the go. Today, we didn't have another striker to make it a 442, but there was no point in keeping Biglia so should have gone with perhaps 4231. The changes we made did well actually, but we didn't change our formation/movements and that meant Cagliari was still fairly comfortable defending the 1:1.

I can live with a point away to Cagliari after going down 1:0 so early. Problem is we can't play that kind of uninterested football for 15 minutes against anyone.

Hopefully we get a run going in the league. It's important since eveeyone else is dropping points.
(09-16-2018, 09:52 PM)xudong Wrote: I meant many were optimistic that we could win easily.

I saw the same. I just cant think about people who were already convinced we would win the game easily.

We can now clearly see that a 3rd striker is really needed. It is not only to replace Higuain but in many occasions we need to add more threat to our opponent when we do need to score. Higuain must miss Cutrone in our lattest game. Borini just cant give same threat like pure striker. We only have Tsadjout and he was just perhaps a Primavera quality.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(09-16-2018, 09:56 PM)nefremo Wrote: Not a great game. We were wasteful and slow in the build up. Giving awa the first 15 minutes and conceding the goal meant that is was going to be tough. Still, we had 30 minutes to grab the winner and we didn't do enough.

Suso is really getting on my nerve. Kills many attacks and potential counters by stopping the ball and then being selfish. Poor Calabria...so many overlaps yet he barely ever gets released by Suso.

Disappointing game by Hakan as well.

We need some variation in our tactics. The other day we switched to a 442 and won the game. It's important to be able to do that. Teams struggle to adapt on the go. Today, we didn't have another striker to make it a 442, but there was no point in keeping Biglia so should have gone with perhaps 4231. The changes we made did well actually, but we didn't change our formation/movements and that meant Cagliari was still fairly comfortable defending the 1:1.

I can live with a point away to Cagliari after going down 1:0 so early. Problem is we can't play that kind of uninterested football for 15 minutes against anyone.

Hopefully we get a run going in the league. It's important since eveeyone else is dropping points.

When we had only one available sub, it should go to Suso (Laxalt), not RR. I dont like how RR did not play as team with Bakayoko but it was more important to give more clinical attack on our wings. Samu could move to the right wing with Laxalt playing on the left.
in the first 15-20 mins i thought we are playing vs Barcelona.honestly, the approach to the game simply horrible. things got little better, but that was not enough. if we cant beat teams like cagliari, than we cant hope for a miracle this year again
Higuain was very furious after the game and refused to give any interviews [Sky]

I love it. Pussy ass team. Where's the fucking fire?
Drop Suso, and play someone else on the right wing. His decision makin was frustating to see, just send every balls in, you have HIGUAIN there to finish it off!
Castillejo in his natural right wing over Suso ASAP. Suso's final decisions are terrible. He chose to shoot from unlikely angles every time he opened up space instead of passing it to players that were wide open in the replays. Albeit kudos to him for opening up that space, but he wastes a lot with his selfishness.
Btw, Barella stood out among others as well as the goalie.

At 92min I was hoping Cutrone to score.. Sad