Krzysztof Piatek
(01-26-2019, 04:45 PM)hwmook Wrote: Players like Piatek only need to score goals, the rest are just noise. 13 goals in 19 serie A matches don't lie. Inzaghi YouTube videos would never convince anybody of his abilities but he just score goals and often it's the important goals.

To be fair.. i did dl some genoa matches to actually see him specifically.. in comparison, inzaghi was offside 90% of the time.. u could see he was special in his own way.. he always found space to run into no matter how tight.. just that his timing was always fractions off.. i dare say there isnt another striker i have seen till date who had that ability..
What I saw of his acceleration against Napoli was a pleasant surprise. I had no idea he was that fast. Maybe we finally have a striker who can burn his defender on a through pass. Higuain was definitely not in the condition to do that in his time with us. It was awful how much he slowed down compared to previous years.
I don't think he has shown a lot to be honest, but then again, he hasn't been given many minutes (or much support from the midfield) to be fair.

The jury is still out.
I really liked his movement against Napoli. We are only talking about 15-20 mins here, but he was actually dangerous to mark, you could see that. And yes, i was also very surprised by his speed in a straight line. He doesn't look like a guy that would be that quick.

I hope we are onto something here. A humble guy that just wants to put his head down and work hard, score goals.
(01-28-2019, 05:04 PM)xudong Wrote: I don't think he has shown a lot to be honest, but then again, he hasn't been given many minutes (or much support from the midfield) to be fair.

The jury is still out.

He showed more for those 15-20 mins than what Cutrone managed to throughout the game. Obviously it is a very limited basis to form an opinion, but given the flow of the game and how few opportunities he had, I think he did very well.
(01-26-2019, 06:04 PM)SkyEdge Wrote: To be fair.. i did dl some genoa matches to actually see him specifically.. in comparison, inzaghi was offside 90% of the time.. u could see he was special in his own way.. he always found space to run into no matter how tight.. just that his timing was always fractions off.. i dare say there isnt another striker i have seen till date who had that ability..

Now now, what did I say about Piatek. Did his 2 goals convince you this guy is special in his own rights? He play like his nickname suggest, a gun. He is a very decisive striker, he is fast to make judgement, good first touch and shoot with strength and accuracy. The last time we had a striker with all these attributes was when Sheva was playing with us. I have no doubts now that Piatek is a 25 goals/season kind of striker. He just need to keep working hard and be humble.
(01-29-2019, 11:47 PM)hwmook Wrote: He just need to keep working hard and be humble.

I expected a night like this. I said that I was ready and I got a brace, but this is just the start,” Piatek told Milan TV.
https://www.football-italia.net/133963/p...just-start

Not exactly humble Big Grin

I love the attitude though, a player like him was exactly what we needed.
(01-30-2019, 12:34 AM)devoted_dm Wrote: I expected a night like this. I said that I was ready and I got a brace, but this is just the start,” Piatek told Milan TV.

That is humble, I can imagine the trash coming from Balotelli if he even manage to score 2 goals in a game.
(01-30-2019, 12:34 AM)devoted_dm Wrote: I expected a night like this. I said that I was ready and I got a brace, but this is just the start,” Piatek told Milan TV.

Absolutely, he is exactly the type of player we need, self assured and hungry.
Humble is the absolute last thing we need in this Milan squad of recent years. We need a winning cocky mentality, very thankful Piatek is that way.