Summer Mercato 2019
(03-21-2019, 12:39 AM)porcho Wrote: I disagree massively. Gattuso has done well so far. particularly with the team he's got. to get rid of him for the likes of Seedorf or to give a new coach a try is a silly move.
We keep doing that and how well has that worked out so far.

For me it's simple. Either get someone very good. Or keep Gattuso.

I respect your opinion, but disagree with it. The team Gattuso has now is by far the best, we have had in the past years. Its not stellar, but  cannot be compared with when we had Honda, Pazzini, Alex and so on. 
With the current team we would be maybe 2 or 3 in the table,but with a convincing game. At least we wouldn't play tiki taka in front if Donnarumma for 75 mins per game.
So if we won vs Inter, were people going to still ask for Gattuso's head??

Reason why I bring this up is, Gattuso helped us to 5 wins in a row and nobody was bringing up a question around his position at the club. Nothing really changed now if you ask me. We lost to Inter. Not a big deal. If you want Gattuso sacked now after the Inter loss, then you should have wanted him sacked after the wins in the past 5 games also. Everything else is an overreaction.

I'm not saying this to 1 specific person here....it's a general comment.
(03-21-2019, 01:33 AM)artand Wrote: I respect your opinion, but disagree with it. The team Gattuso has now is by far the best, we have had in the past years. Its not stellar, but  cannot be compared with when we had Honda, Pazzini, Alex and so on. 
With the current team we would be maybe 2 or 3 in the table,but with a convincing game. At least we wouldn't play tiki taka in front if Donnarumma for 75 mins per game.

100% agree with that part.

This I disagree with... Do you think we're the 2nd or third best team in Serie A?
Maybe our first team is 3rd/4th worthy but are we going to ignore the bench worthy of a mid table club... at best.

I also don't like the way we play but at the end of the day we just need results. How we get those results is irrelevant. I hated the way Portugal played in the Euro but we won it... At the end of the day results are what matter at this stage of the new Milan.
Plus, as i said before. I'm not saying we should keep him, jsut that we should keep him unless we have a TOP coach coming in.

(03-21-2019, 01:53 AM)nefremo Wrote: So if we won vs Inter, were people going to still ask for Gattuso's head??

Reason why I bring this up is, Gattuso helped us to 5 wins in a row and nobody was bringing up a question around his position at the club. Nothing really changed now if you ask me. We lost to Inter. Not a big deal. If you want Gattuso sacked now after the Inter loss, then you should have wanted him sacked after the wins in the past 5 games also. Everything else is an overreaction.

Exactly. we lost against Inter, not Genoa... Again, maybe wait till the end of the season to make up our minds.
(03-21-2019, 02:17 AM)porcho Wrote: 100% agree with that part.

This I disagree with... Do you think we're the 2nd or third best team in Serie A?
Maybe our first team is 3rd/4th worthy but are we going to ignore the bench worthy of a mid table club... at best.

I also don't like the way we play but at the end of the day we just need results. How we get those results is irrelevant. I hated the way Portugal played in the Euro but we won it... At the end of the day results are what matter at this stage of the new Milan.
Plus, as i said before. I'm not saying we should keep him, jsut that we should keep him unless we have a TOP coach coming in.

Exactly. we lost against Inter, not Genoa... Again, maybe wait till the end of the season to make up our minds.

Agreed. Team has slightly improved in quality, but we're not better than Napoli or Juventus and are juggling between 3rd/4th place exactly where our quality should have us TBH
The rule is simple if Gattuso is able to take us to UCL this season then he has all right to be our coach but if fails then we have all right to replace him
Make Milan Great Again Okmilan
Just curious,
If Pep, Zidane, even Klopp arrive here,
What do you guys think of their chances with current squad?
(03-21-2019, 07:29 AM)Karl08 Wrote: Just curious,
If Pep, Zidane, even Klopp arrive here,
What do you guys think of their chances with current squad?

the team is only good enough for 3rd 4th place, no difference if one of them came.
(03-21-2019, 07:58 AM)edysim Wrote: the team is only good enough for 3rd 4th place, no difference if one of them came.

beg to differ, I think Gattuso can increase the scoring chances by simply playing with two strikers, i.e Piatek and Cutrone up front.  Scoring more would mean better winning chances.

1. Two strikers up front
2. A new LB, Rodriguez is not good enough, should've let go of him when PSG came asking.
3. Get someone line Chiesa to replace Suso.
4. Get rid of Andre Silva for D.Costa (he can play as a second striker too).
(03-21-2019, 01:53 AM)nefremo Wrote: So if we won vs Inter, were people going to still ask for Gattuso's head??

yes, even if we won vs Inter, because we playing badly. And its impossible to beat a serious football side, let alone inter, by standing back for 75 minutes. occasionally a long ball to PIATEK, but thats all from us. if he had there weak opposition he would score, with  a strong opposition he surely cant. thats the difference.
 for me, its unacceptable this way of approach to the games. it doesnt suit to ACM simply. Pippo Inzaghi was doing the same, with Menez.

You can check my previous posts. My opinion about Gattuso hasn’t changed :-)

But, you’re right about me reacting after the game with Inter. 
It was not the loss, but the incident between Kessie and Biglia that’ve influenced my post. 
The media reported that it was Leonardo who demanded and managed post-game reconciliation, not Gattuso. If that’s correct, than on top of his lack of tactical awareness and in-game player management, he does not have the locker room under control.

In my opinion, Gattuso check all the boxes for being fired. I just want that to happen before the Serie A standings influence it.