Summer Mercato 2019
Very few coaches stick to 2 forwards cause modern football analysis like having 'a spare man in midfield to cover the wingers moving inside' is more important than simple things like having more bodies in the box when attacking.
That spare man like tactics works well for best of teams with many good players who have good awareness but when weaker teams try to copy it it becomes useless. Unless Milan is near the top with 11 or so great players the focus should be to make the first pass to midfield, 2 real CFs rush to the box and from midfield or wings balls are played in for them, none of this square passes and playing from the back. The aim should be to get as many great players as possible and emphasis vertical movement.
(04-08-2019, 03:52 PM)reza Wrote: The aim should be to get as many great players as possible and emphasis vertical movement.

100%
(04-08-2019, 03:52 PM)reza Wrote: Very few coaches stick to 2 forwards cause modern football analysis like having 'a spare man in midfield to cover the wingers moving inside' is more important than simple things like having more bodies in the box when attacking.
That spare man like tactics works well for best of teams with many good players who have good awareness but when weaker teams try to copy it it becomes useless. Unless Milan is near the top with 11 or so great players the focus should be to make the first pass to midfield, 2 real CFs rush to the box and from midfield or wings balls are played in for them, none of this square passes and playing from the back. The aim should be to get as many great players as possible and emphasis vertical movement.

Nice analysis
Fully agree.
Nowadays, it seems the culture is all about wingplay and most of them right now are inside forwards which make the tactics somehow field 3 forwards.

Unless somehow we found someone who can play similarly to ronaldo in his last years RM as wide targetman, or a smart forward like muller, or mandzukic (he's a c*nt though), i don't see how we can play 2 central forwards right now.

Then again,
Unless suso can reach a glimpse of Ronaldinho's form during leonardo's year, making dangerous crosses, so unpredictable, supporting pato and even borriello, more reason not to play 2 central foreardsSagrin
(04-08-2019, 03:52 PM)reza Wrote: Very few coaches stick to 2 forwards cause modern football analysis like having 'a spare man in midfield to cover the wingers moving inside' is more important than simple things like having more bodies in the box when attacking.

Zeman??? Is that you?  Sagrin
If I was a manager, I'd want my GK to rarely or never touch the ball
Biglia's agent: "He has only Milan in his mind and wants to finish the season in the best way. Next week I'll be in Milano to speak with the club and understand everything better. Boca asked for Biglia but I don't think he will return to Argentina now."

Would be stupid to renew.  I don't think we will
Biglia's agent: "It's true that we have received an important offer from a great French club. I cannot say who but it's a top club in Ligue 1. For now Lucas' will is to continue with Milan. We'll see after the season ends."
We can get 10-15m for Biglia
(04-08-2019, 06:17 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: We can get 10-15m for Biglia

That would be a good deal for us for a 33 year old with one year left of his contract. He isn't even that good...
Hope it's PSG (gotta be, right? There is no other big French clubs haha). Get like 15mil for him and run before they change their mind.