Summer Mercato 2019
Interesting some scouts claimed Plizzari could be better than Donnarumma
(05-09-2019, 12:22 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: Interesting some scouts claimed Plizzari could be better than Donnarumma

I remember this being said when all the contract drama was going on. Quite a few from the club and others saying that Plizzari could be even better than Gigio.

So... I like Gigio... He's saved our asses a few games this season. He's also cost us some games. I don't think selling him would be too big a loss.
its time we cash on donnarumma. he wont make his price tag rocket to the sky.
(05-09-2019, 12:20 AM)porcho Wrote: They can have him. He showed some promise but he's also shown that his attitude stinks. Even without the attitude... not worth 35m.

No, he hasn’t shown that his attitude stinks. All we have seen is one clip out of context, if you are going to make sweeping statements because of that so be it, but there is very little evidence to back it up. On the other hand he has been gung-ho for Milan all season, he didn’t even lash out during the first months when he was being publicly criticised by Gattuso. 

He has by far been our best midfielder this season, and I’d love to hear which better player you think we could get for the same amount?
(05-09-2019, 12:36 AM)Nicolas Wrote: No, he hasn’t shown that his attitude stinks. All we have seen is one clip out of context, if you are going to make sweeping statements because of that so be it, but there is very little evidence to back it up. On the other hand he has been gung-ho for Milan all season, he didn’t even lash out during the first months when he was being publicly criticised by Gattuso. 

He has by far been our best midfielder this season
, and I’d love to hear which better player you think we could get for the same amount?

Publicly starts crap with Acerbi. Shows up late to training. Tells the coach to get f$%*ed.

He didn't lash out after being terrible week in week out for the first 5-6 games for Milan... Hardly a good example.

He has been our best midfielder... But that's not that hard. look at the competition.
He started off poorly... had a solid mid season... been average last 6-7 games.

Depends what coach comes in. "Better" is subjective. it's all about getting the right players for the style we're going to play.

And at this stage, we need players who will lift the team when we're not playing well, not drop their head along with the rest of the team.

35m is a decent amount of money for a team that has to watch who they buy because of FFP.
To put it into perspective... that 35m could likely get us Tonali(20m) and Sensi(Locatelli plus 10m).
(05-09-2019, 12:36 AM)Nicolas Wrote: He has by far been our best midfielder this season, and I’d love to hear which better player you think we could get for the same amount?

If possible, I'd spend 45m on Tonali & Sensi instead of 35m for Bakayoko
Hot take: Bonaventura would've been our best mid had he not been injured
Also, I don't think Bakayoko fits the style we want to play going forward. We need a deep-lying playmaker, not a fifth defender. Attack-minded
(05-09-2019, 01:08 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: If possible, I'd spend 45m on Tonali & Sensi instead of 35m for Bakayoko

same here... I just think we might be able to do some sort of a deal. Sassuolo still need to pay us for Locatelli and Tonali surely Tonali wouldn't cost any more than 20-25
(05-09-2019, 02:01 AM)porcho Wrote: same here... I just think we might be able to do some sort of a deal. Sassuolo still need to pay us for Locatelli and Tonali surely Tonali wouldn't cost any more than 20-25

With any big italian team being after Tonali, you can be sure that he will cost at least €30M-€35M. Brescia are in no rush to sell him. Sensi’s price will be at least €35M, and yes maybe you could construct the deal so that part of that amount comes from the €12M Sassuolo will pay us, but those €12M has already been accounted for as a future profit, so it won’t change the amount financially. Those two players will still cost up towards €65M-€70M. 

Unless we retain Kessie, we are going to need the physicality that Bakayoko has provided throughout this season.