Summer Mercato 2019
Lovren linked
(06-11-2019, 11:46 PM)artand Wrote: Lovren linked

no thanks. Would much rather Mancini and Bonafazi.
https://www.milannews.it/calciomercato-m...ivo-336152

Sky - PSG-Donnarumma: still no contact, but Leonardo will make an attempt
Barella should be a top priority. I see him being a better player than Verratti. 45-50m for him given he's already had experience in Serie A isn't overpriced in this market tbh. I'd try not to pay it in cash though, would be nice if we could send some players that Cagliari would be interested in to lower the cost. Unfortunately, it seems Cutrone was mentioned in that type of deal & I'd prefer to keep him for at least another season under a new coach.

Would be a dream to have Insigne on this team, I see him doing so well as a CF, LW or even SS. He can play so many roles and he's one of those players like Cassano that just have the talent to make something out of absolutely nothing.

Italy went through quite the drought lately, but the other night seeing Barella, Jorginho & Verratti in the midfield was so exciting. Even the attack looks strong, they could potentially field Insigne, Keane, Bernardeschi which is very potent. Defense is of course very strong as always with many new talents on the rise. Goalkeeper they're spoiled for choices tbh.. My point in saying all this is that I'd try to pick up a few Italian players this summer. Barella & Mancini would both be fantastic. I'd try to take Jorginho away from Chelsea, the fans haven't really appreciated him much but he's a fantastic player.

Even though Belotti hasn't been able to live up to his nearly 30 goal season two years ago, he's still been in double digits & is young. If Cairo comes to his senses I wouldn't mind gambling on him in the 40m range. I'd wonder if they'd consider Silva + a bit of money.

If we're on a tight budget this summer, I think I'd let Suso + Kessie + Donnarumma go. 40m for Suso, 30m for Kessie and 50-60m for Donnarumma is a lot of money to rearrange our affairs. I'd also sell Castillejo if Giampaolo is our next coach, & I'd try to offload Andre Silva - slim chance we'll get our money back though.
(06-12-2019, 01:36 AM)WCmilan Wrote: Barella should be a top priority. I see him being a better player than Verratti. 45-50m for him given he's already had experience in Serie A isn't overpriced in this market tbh. I'd try not to pay it in cash though, would be nice if we could send some players that Cagliari would be interested in to lower the cost. Unfortunately, it seems Cutrone was mentioned in that type of deal & I'd prefer to keep him for at least another season under a new coach.

Would be a dream to have Insigne on this team, I see him doing so well as a CF, LW or even SS. He can play so many roles and he's one of those players like Cassano that just have the talent to make something out of absolutely nothing.

Italy went through quite the drought lately, but the other night seeing Barella, Jorginho & Verratti in the midfield was so exciting. Even the attack looks strong, they could potentially field Insigne, Keane, Bernardeschi which is very potent. Defense is of course very strong as always with many new talents on the rise. Goalkeeper they're spoiled for choices tbh.. My point in saying all this is that I'd try to pick up a few Italian players this summer. Barella & Mancini would both be fantastic. I'd try to take Jorginho away from Chelsea, the fans haven't really appreciated him much but he's a fantastic player.

Even though Belotti hasn't been able to live up to his nearly 30 goal season two years ago, he's still been in double digits & is young. If Cairo comes to his senses I wouldn't mind gambling on him in the 40m range. I'd wonder if they'd consider Silva + a bit of money.

If we're on a tight budget this summer, I think I'd let Suso + Kessie + Donnarumma go. 40m for Suso, 30m for Kessie and 50-60m for Donnarumma is a lot of money to rearrange our affairs. I'd also sell Castillejo if Giampaolo is our next coach, & I'd try to offload Andre Silva - slim chance we'll get our money back though.

Yep. 100% he should be the priority. I would rather lose Cutrone and gain him then keep Cutrone. Nothing against the kid but he's just good... not great.
And we're in desperate need of a great CM like Barella.

Would Love Insigne too but don't think we have the $$$... I've always been a massive fan and always dreamed of having him at Milan.

I'm not sure I'd get Belotti because I wouldn't spend that sort of $$ on a backup striker. And I'm not sure He and Piatek would work the best together.

100% I actually like him but he's a winger. And we won't need wingers if Giampaolo comes in.

I'd honestly give him an extra 12 months unless a 35m offer comes in. Realistically, it'll be hard to sell him at all... What would an extra 12 months do to his already low price? But we've potentially got some to gain. He either does ok and is worht the same in 12 months. Does well and is worth more. Kills it(doubt it thought) and is worth heaps more in which case we'd keep him.
ITALIAN MILAN

Silvio was right this entire time
(06-12-2019, 02:13 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: ITALIAN MILAN

Silvio was right this entire time

Yes and no...
He got the Italian part right... But his ItaloMilan was Montolivo, Abate, Pavoletti, Destro etc.

On a serious note. I like the idea of an ItaloMilan. With the right players.

We bring in Sensi, Barella, Tonali, Mancini, Bonafazi, Biraghi to replace RR.
That would be a great Mercato and they're all Italian.
Could do with a good SS though.
My preferred would be Insigne, second Chiesa, third Kean.
End up with and ItaloMilan + a brazilian that's young and can challenge
Barella would be amazing, but based on reports Inter is too far into negotiations for that not to go through. I also remember reading somewhere that Barella is an Inter fan which means that all things equal, he would prefer to go there.

Instead of Belotti, I would go for Chiesa. I think 45-50mil will be enough. I wasn't a huge fan and used to think he is overrated, but i caught many games this past season and was impressed. He brings intensity to the attack. He may not be the most natural gifted attacker, but can play across the field in the attacking positions and is dangerous with both feet. He also always sacrifices himself without the ball and defends/presses a lot.
Turn Chiesa into SS?
(06-12-2019, 02:01 AM)porcho Wrote: Yep. 100% he should be the priority. I would rather lose Cutrone and gain him then keep Cutrone. Nothing against the kid but he's just good... not great.
And we're in desperate need of a great CM like Barella.

Would Love Insigne too but don't think we have the $$$... I've always been a massive fan and always dreamed of having him at Milan.

I'm not sure I'd get Belotti because I wouldn't spend that sort of $$ on a backup striker. And I'm not sure He and Piatek would work the best together.

100% I actually like him but he's a winger. And we won't need wingers if Giampaolo comes in.

I'd honestly give him an extra 12 months unless a 35m offer comes in. Realistically, it'll be hard to sell him at all... What would an extra 12 months do to his already low price? But we've potentially got some to gain. He either does ok and is worht the same in 12 months. Does well and is worth more. Kills it(doubt it thought) and is worth heaps more in which case we'd keep him.

Agreed with Cutrone part as swap for Barella, but if there's some other fodder like Castillejo that we can send over there I'd prefer Big Grin

If Barella is in fact headed to Merda that would be a shame, but I guess it's expected since they hired one of the best coaches in the world and are playing CL. 

On Silva I have mixed thoughts. He was a player I was extremely excited about when we purchased him, he showed at Porto that he can score goals & had the tools to be a top player. What frustrated me when he was at Milan was the fact that he was very static in possession. Often times he'd get the ball and not know what to do with it. Given his past where he's shown he can score goals and move a lot quicker than that, it seems like it had much more to do with growing pains & overthinking on the ball. I don't doubt his potential or talent, but his lack of confidence & decision making needs to change fast.

The thing is with his value, I don't think it's 35m currently & I don't think it'll hold if he has another dismal season. He'll be 24 this season, by next season he'll be 25 which isn't exactly prime young prospect anymore & if he doesn't do well this season, that will mean two failed stints at Milan and a rocky one at Sevilla - at 25 years old doesn't look good on his resume. Wouldn't see anyone paying more than 20-25 for him at that point. With that being said, we've already spent the money on him so maybe we're better off gambling on him than spending it all over again on someone else + losing money selling him to begin with. HOWEVER, I'd sell him if we get what we paid or a bit less. Second chances rarely work out - fan support will be at a minimum & his confidence won't be at its best coming back to a club that lost faith in him to begin with. A new coach that babies him a little bit might change that, but won't be so easy.