Summer Mercato 2019
(07-11-2019, 02:42 PM)Hitman Wrote: I don’t understand why are we looking for an expensive CB (Kabak 15m, Upamericano now).

Is there a lack of faith in our 3 CBs? Is someone leaving? Was Caldara that bad in training last year?

We desperately need midfielders and a second striker, and we need ones with experience that can start every game and take us one level up. Our funds should be focused on the necessities rather than luxuries.
Caldara is made of glass , He's out until Oct/Nov and thats to start training.He likely wont be ready until Jan and other than him we only only have 2 CB's if one gets injured or suspended we have only 1 if both go down we have none.A CB is  needed.Upamecano wont be joining Milan , last I remember he had an €80m release clause with Man Utd City Barca interested.

Looking to sign a 3rd CB when you only have 2 isnt a luxury it is very much a necessity.We also need a CM's which is why we have signed Krunic and have almost finalized Bennacer and are in talks with Veretout.

Clearly we need a SS as Cutrone isnt a SS and Silva is just not good enough.Not sure who we can realistically get for €10-€15m or on loan.
(07-11-2019, 02:42 PM)Hitman Wrote: I don’t understand why are we looking for an expensive CB (Kabak 15m, Upamericano now).

Is there a lack of faith in our 3 CBs? Is someone leaving? Was Caldara that bad in training last year?

We desperately need midfielders and a second striker, and we need ones with experience that can start every game and take us one level up. Our funds should be focused on the necessities rather than luxuries.

Yep and I would include Theo in that (within next 10 days we are flying to the US for friendlies, the chances of having 4 LBs is pretty high)
As of ~7 weeks left in mercato we have done very little.
New meeting for Veretout tomorrow
(07-11-2019, 03:50 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: New meeting for Veretout tomorrow

How good is this guy really? We're hanging around him waiting for months as if he was a real superstar. From what I know it should be easy finding an alternative for that kind of money...
(07-11-2019, 04:27 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: How good is this guy really? We're hanging around him waiting for months as if he was a real superstar. From what I know it should be easy finding an alternative for that kind of money...

We aren't the only ones but here's an article

https://www.football-italia.net/140622/e...mobile=off
Pezzella rumors still going strong. At this point, I can see Pezzella/Veretout coming to Milan with Cutrone/Biglia + cash going to Viola.

I agree that we need a CB at this point, but I also see Hitman's point that we don't need to go wild there and overspend. Ideally, we find someone arond 8-10mil or even a loan. Don't mind spending up to 15 if it's a great prospect and an opportunity like Kabak was...but ultimately, I think the main priorities are elsewhere (midfield, SS).
Letting Zapata go was a mistake, but then again, we don't know the details and if we was willing to stay and sign another contract where he was going to be 3rd choice. We also don't know how much he is getting paid in his new contract as well as the length of it and was it feasable for us to match that.
we cant even offload one single wasteful player...wt is going on
(07-11-2019, 04:38 PM)nefremo Wrote: Pezzella rumors still going strong. At this point, I can see Pezzella/Veretout coming to Milan with Cutrone/Biglia + cash going to Viola.

Okmilan
(07-11-2019, 04:51 PM)Nigjtkid Wrote: we cant even offload one single wasteful player...wt is going on

Who wants a wasteful player?
AC Milan