Summer Mercato 2019
(07-17-2019, 12:38 AM)porcho Wrote: I still think we'll get 4th...just... but Modric might be the difference between guaranteeing 4th vs struggling for 4th.

I'd like to agree with you. I still think (or, hope) that the coach will be the difference maker. Even with no reinforcement at all, if Giampaolo is truly better than Gattuso as it is generally believed, I think we should have a realistic chance at getting the 4th. 

Modric won't be able to take us to Scudetto next season, but he will encroach the playing time of our young and promising players, so there is a tradeoff between the present and the future.
(07-17-2019, 01:07 AM)xudong Wrote: I'd like to agree with you. I still think (or, hope) that the coach will be the difference maker. Even with no reinforcement at all, if Giampaolo is truly better than Gattuso as it is generally believed, I think we should have a realistic chance at getting the 4th. 

Modric won't be able to take us to Scudetto next season, but he will encroach the playing time of our young and promising players, so there is a tradeoff between the present and the future.

Pretty much. I should have made it clearer... I feel like Modric wouldn't add enough to make a difference to our end result. And as you've suggested, potentially limits the playing time of younger players that need the minutes to continue to grow.
(07-17-2019, 01:41 AM)porcho Wrote: I feel like Modric wouldn't add enough to make a difference to our end result.

Crazy
We need CL, I am not saying I want Modric, but we need to get to CL. I sure hope Giampaolo addition is good enough by itself, but if not...summer 2020 mercato will be a massacre.
(07-17-2019, 01:51 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: Crazy

Not crazy. The opinion is based on what I had said before. I think we'll end up 4th... the Modric addition just secures 4th...

just my opinion.

(07-17-2019, 01:51 AM)reza Wrote: We need CL, I am not saying I want Modric, but we need to get to CL. I sure hope Giampaolo addition is good enough by itself, but if not...summer 2020 mercato will be a massacre.

Yep. that's for sure.
Mazen shouldn't be the only one pissing off Crispy O
https://youtu.be/xzxGKK-gpzY
Milan is a rose
Love even the thorns
(07-17-2019, 01:51 AM)reza Wrote: We need CL, I am not saying I want Modric, but we need to get to CL. I sure hope Giampaolo addition is good enough by itself, but if not...summer 2020 mercato will be a massacre.

Yep.  Like I said before, I don't think we'll get Modric but he's certainly a difference maker, especially in this league
(07-17-2019, 01:56 AM)porcho Wrote: Not crazy. The opinion is based on what I had said before. I think we'll end up 4th... the Modric addition just secures 4th...

Oh I thought you meant in general as if he's not an upgrade or something
(07-17-2019, 01:59 AM)drucurl Wrote: Mazen shouldn't be the only one pissing off Crispy O
https://youtu.be/xzxGKK-gpzY

Devilol
(07-17-2019, 02:02 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: Oh I thought you meant in general as if he's not an upgrade or something

No, sorry. I didn't make myself clear. he's clearly an upgrade. Just need to consider whether the $$ spent is going to get us anything.

Also depends who else we get.

i don't think Inter will be as strong as everyone assumes. They've got more issues at the club other than who's coaching.

So if we picked up Modric, Upamecano, plus a strong SS then I'd say getting Modric was worth it considering we'd be pushing for 3rd spot