Summer Mercato 2019
(07-23-2019, 06:27 AM)Rishav kant Wrote: He had a good World Cup under20. I want him in our first team not Primavera

He will be first team
(07-23-2019, 04:14 AM)nefremo Wrote: Completely disagree. At 38mil, we are not overpaying by much. You can not get players like Correa for less then 30-35mil these days. And what players that are "much better" are available for half the price??? Freaking Veretout is worth 20+mil. 

Guys, i get that the market is crazy.....but if you are looking for a specific profile of a player, that will fit the idea of the coach and bring exactly what you are looking for....then you are limited to begin with. THIS, is NOT, a favor to an agent. A favor to an agent would be to buy a CF, ANY, CF and hope and pray he will fit into the coach's plans. Correa is a clear fit into what we want to do. The guy can play SS/AM, is very direct, moves wide to open up spaces, is hard working, technical, pacy. The guy is tenacious. I know tenacious is a word used to normally describe certain CMs or even defenders.....but the perfect description of this guy is an "intense, tenacious, attacker". This is exactly what Giampaolo is about. 

SO, if this guy was identified to fit the mould of what's needed, then yes, we probably overpaid by 5-6mil in order to get him. Nothing that has happened so far under Maldini/Boban proves otherwise. These guys wouldn't even budge 2-3 mil on Veretout. Because they probably knew there is others out there that could be gotten....all the while they were working on Bennacer in the background. So I'd rather pay 5-6-7 mil more for a guy that's been identified to fit exactly what the coach is looking for....then shop around for bargains and get a HALF-fit.

I really don't know why this deal is perceived at being bad at 38mil??? Forget the 50mil + 8 bonus. That was wrong. Even "Sky" themselves, who started the 50mil thing btw, have now switched their story and are saying the deal is below 40. 

And no, I don't see many other players (if any) that are similar to Correa in terms of characteristics out there. Please name them if you know them. The catch is, the have to be available...and at what price? One player that is very similar is Chiesa for example. Fiorentina won't sell, and if they do, they'll want 70mil.

I can finally see us building a team with a purpose. There is a meaning behind the signings. There is a clear "behavior' and purpose. Giampaolo likes technically gifted players able to play quick exchange passes in a short range and tight spaces. He also wants direct play with plenty of 3rd man runs once the opponent has been drawn in with the short quick passes. His AM/SS is always a direct player able to bring the ball vertically forward. His midfielders able to play in tight spaces, therefore technical, but also hard working and tenacious. Literary every signing that we have made fits this idea. On the defensive end, the guy is a fan of intense pressing. Again, every player that we've gotten so far is able to do these things. Not totally sure about Theo, but he's a LB and clearly the other LBs in the squad are not trusted by Maldini. In all honesty, can we really say he's wrong? Laxalt and RR were absolute trash this past year.

Remember when we were saying 25m was too much for Sensi and then he was sold to Merda for 35m?

38m in this market is peanuts.

also, are we going to ignore the complete bargain that is Bannacer for 18m? and Krunic for 7m?
if we're paying 38m for Correa it's because the club thinks he's worth it.

As for Left backs... We're definitely stacked and need to sell a few. I completely forgot we signed Djalo though so I would be happy to sell Laxalt and RR and keep strinic and use him and Djalo as backups.
Djalo would have been playing with the first team in portugal had he not refused to sign a new contract to force a move away.
now sell Suso to Roma.
(07-23-2019, 03:49 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: Milan scouting Jackson Porozo

https://youtu.be/cWPVkwIL238

From the video clip (probably just 1 or 2 matches), he looks quite solid. However, we did have a history of signing prospect defenders and dragging their development... Roque Junior, Albertazzi, Gustavo Gomez, Vergara, etc. I don't know what to hope for... spending the money on young prospect or save up for other transfer...

As for Correa, I think I would ask a question... for 35-40 mil, would it be better to spend on Correa or Moise Kean? As much as I dislike helping Juve, I think Kean can help us more at this stage.
(07-23-2019, 06:59 AM)edysim Wrote: now sell Suso to Roma.

Seems like we may have to lower our asking price for that to happen.
(07-23-2019, 07:02 AM)edzizzo Wrote: As for Correa, I think I would ask a question... for 35-40 mil, would it be better to spend on Correa or Moise Kean? As much as I dislike helping Juve, I think Kean can help us more at this stage.

I don't see Juve selling Kean for that cheap
Fekir completes Betis move

goal
(07-23-2019, 07:25 AM)Arildonardo Wrote: Seems like we may have to lower our asking price for that to happen.

lets talk about it then, it seems their new coach requested their mgt to sign him.
(07-23-2019, 07:02 AM)edzizzo Wrote: From the video clip (probably just 1 or 2 matches), he looks quite solid. However, we did have a history of signing prospect defenders and dragging their development... Roque Junior, Albertazzi, Gustavo Gomez, Vergara, etc. I don't know what to hope for... spending the money on young prospect or save up for other transfer...

As for Correa, I think I would ask a question... for 35-40 mil, would it be better to spend on Correa or Moise Kean? As much as I dislike helping Juve, I think Kean can help us more at this stage.

Kean does not have the correct mentality that our coach is looking for.
The full management are at #CasaMilan: the latest contacts are to complete #Correa's arrival. Alessandro Lucci is also still in the office: #Suso is looking for the right solution. Milan meanwhile have denied any interest in N'Zonzi.