Summer Mercato 2019
(07-27-2019, 12:55 AM)nefremo Wrote: But Correa combines skill with hard work. Nothing wrong with that. Just because a player hustles and works for the team doesn't mean they are incapable of actually playing with the ball.

Having said all that...i'm a little worried we are overpaying for Leao. Don't know much about him...but 35mil seems an awful lot. We were already overpaying for Correa to begin with, but I could live with that since I see how he fits. Leao on the other hand will probably share time with Piatek so I would have rather invested that in an attacking mid or CM that can play some through balls and create (like you said)

Leao is a big gamble IMO.
(07-27-2019, 06:01 AM)hwmook Wrote: I am more surprised that we are intending to spend a ton of money on revamping the squad and also many of the names are those high potential but not proven players. We are basically gambling big IMO.

This. Not many "secure" investments. Could be a bunch of André Silvas for all I know... Key words: overpaying and underperforming. Let's hope not though.

And what's with the new "we want no italians in our squad"-strategy?
(07-27-2019, 04:38 AM)edysim Wrote: I saw the clip , he does ressemble Niang though.. his movement, his physique etc. Hope we've seen enough in him.

I am not convinced by the videos I've seen of him. Looks like any other decent talent, but hopefully they haven't shown everything. He's still young, so hopefully has a lot of potential to grow.
Duerte on the other hands( from the clip), looks very solid def , 11M ? would be a good buy imo. Pacqueta could help him to settle down fast Smile
Our Team definitely need a SS who can dribble, pacy and assist. Last player was Delofu
(07-27-2019, 07:39 AM)Nigjtkid Wrote: Our Team definitely need a SS who can dribble, pacy and assist. Last player was Delofu

Deloufe doesn't really impress me with his skills. He is just a good player for a mid table team IMO. 

The good news is we are linked to players with really high potential but bad news is they can all fall flat on us.
AFAIK Gazidis said something like that we can not buy (expensive) proven players, we need to buy them before they shine. I think, we are doing the strategy right now. If Correa and Leao have already proved their qualities, their price must be over 60 mil euros and not to mention we have to compete with bigger clubs who have definitely more money for transfer fee and players contract. 

What I do like from our recent strategy is the management try to fulfill what the coach wants, provide players that suit the coach's tactic and type of play, I think this new for Milan. In the past the management just gave players and the coach had to find formula to utilize the players qualities (maximum they just gave one two players requested by the coach).
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(07-27-2019, 07:49 AM)hwmook Wrote: Deloufe doesn't really impress me with his skills. He is just a good player for a mid table team IMO. 

The good news is we are linked to players with really high potential but bad news is they can all fall flat on us.

Hes abit selfish sometime,however he is still better than Borini, Silva , Noodle....
(07-27-2019, 09:25 AM)Nigjtkid Wrote: Hes abit selfish sometime,however he is still better than Borini, Silva , Noodle....

How can you compare player with Borini?  Sagrin

Who is noodle? I can't get it until now.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
So the fee for Rafael Leao is €35 million + 20 percent of future resale. Wow! That takes away a lot of any potential upside if he was to be sold.