Summer Mercato 2019
We want 30-35m for Suso
What is the justification of Correa being more expensive (or least same) price as Suso. Both are around same age and naturally RW even. Suso has been a more regular starter too.
(07-29-2019, 01:02 AM)reza Wrote: What is the justification of Correa being more expensive (or least same) price as Suso. Both are around same age and naturally RW even. Suso has been a more regular starter too.

Are you really trying to justify something on today's mercato?
(07-28-2019, 07:46 PM)nefremo Wrote: Every time Gazidis and Maldini speak, they repeat the same thing. That Elliot is ready to invest important sums but any investment has to fit within the FFP parameters. Not sure what other information we would need. If we follow what's happening in the market, it actually all makes sense and ties back to those Gazidis/Maldini comments.

ah, ok. I thought there is any clear information about it.

About Correa and Leao, we only want to get one of them, not both? Does Silva's transfer (which is fail) affect the decision to just take one of the players? I thought we want to buy Correa for trequartista position, no?
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(07-29-2019, 12:27 AM)reza Wrote: Apparently Leo Duarte is all but official.

Yay. adds some depth and who knows, could be the next Thiago Silva (fingers crossed)

(07-29-2019, 12:53 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: We want 30-35m for Suso

That's fair TBH

(07-29-2019, 02:10 AM)Siregar Wrote: ah, ok. I thought there is any clear information about it.

About Correa and Leao, we only want to get one of them, not both? Does Silva's transfer (which is fail) affect the decision to just take one of the players? I thought we want to buy Correa for trequartista position, no?

Looks like we want both. But not getting dragged into spending more than we want to just because we need the players.

Silva will be sold. Just a matter of when and for how much.

Pretty sure Correa is coming in to play SS but he is capable of playing CAM too.
So what's the deal with Gabbia? Is he staying here as 5th choice? Not really sure if that's a great idea. If the management see his future at Milan, then it's best we loan him where he'll play instead of him sitting on the bench as 5th choice and barely ever get game time.
If they don't see him as a Milan player in the future, then it's best we sell him now while he's having a good summer (1st in the U20 Euros and now with Milan) before he sits on the bench for months and his value goes down the drain. If Djalo could be sold for 5mil, then I'm sure Gabbia could be AT LEAST that. Just make sure to slap a buy-back on him.

In either of those scenarios, we would need another player to be 4th choice until Caldara comes back and 5th choice after that. So...is there an old CB available for loan? Big Grin Yepes type of player
(07-29-2019, 01:18 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: Are you really trying to justify something on today's mercato?

Never Big Grin

(07-29-2019, 02:29 AM)nefremo Wrote: So what's the deal with Gabbia? Is he staying here as 5th choice? Not really sure if that's a great idea. If the management see his future at Milan, then it's best we loan him where he'll play instead of him sitting on the bench as 5th choice and barely ever get game time.
If they don't see him as a Milan player in the future, then it's best we sell him now while he's having a good summer (1st in the U20 Euros and now with Milan) before he sits on the bench for months and his value goes down the drain. If Djalo could be sold for 5mil, then I'm sure Gabbia could be AT LEAST that. Just make sure to slap a buy-back on him.

In either of those scenarios, we would need another player to be 4th choice until Caldara comes back and 5th choice after that. So...is there an old CB available for loan? Big Grin Yepes type of player

If we handle someone like Gabbia well I will be surprised. Simic was sold for less than 1 million. How much better or worse is Gabbia?
Good point. I actually also thought Simic was good and at least good enough for 4th/5th choice. Obviously I was wrong though because nobody in Italy would even touch him with a 10 foot pole. I think we at least tried to do the right thing with him by loaning him to sassuolo....but even there he struggled to play much.

Let's hope Gabbia is handled differently. But not only that. Let's hope he's actually good enough to get some playing time wherever he is next season. I'd like to think that one of the Italian U20 World Cup starting CBs can at least get some playing time in Serie B....
(07-29-2019, 02:21 AM)porcho Wrote: Yay. adds some depth and who knows, could be the next Thiago Silva (fingers crossed)

That's fair TBH

Looks like we want both. But not getting dragged into spending more than we want to just because we need the players.

Silva will be sold. Just a matter of when and for how much.

Pretty sure Correa is coming in to play SS but he is capable of playing CAM too.

If Correa indeed could play CAM, it is much better. Therefore we need one more backup for forward position or should we rely on Castillejo as SS striker seeing that Leo could play as target man? 

Regarding Silva, what is actually the case? If medical test is the problem, how can we then sell him?
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(07-29-2019, 05:00 AM)Siregar Wrote: If Correa indeed could play CAM, it is much better. Therefore we need one more backup for forward position or should we rely on Castillejo as SS striker seeing that Leo could play as target man? 

Regarding Silva, what is actually the case? If medical test is the problem, how can we then sell him?

If Correa comes in to play CAM, that leaves us with Piatek, Leao, Castillejo, Borini as the only options up front. Castillejo will most likely be sold.
I dare say that the aim is to have Correa come in as an SS so that we have 3 better strikers.
I'd also add that Rafael moves a lot so would make a nice SS but is also capable of playing as the target man meaning he could be the bacup for both positions. with Borini capable of filling in as 4th choice for every position on the field... Devilol

Monaco were using the "medical problem" as an excuse to get 10m off the price. I trust Mendes will get the deal done so that he gets his cut of the deal.