Summer Mercato 2019
(08-01-2019, 06:07 PM)Lebanese Wrote: No one will remember the price we paid if the player performs. Correa will be a good fit for what Jim Paul is trying to build.

As hitman said we are half way through, we need more bodies.

@leaf enjoying your time here ex-inter fan?

It’s only fair to wait until mercato end before judging the management. The window is dynamic, constantly moving with opportunities coming out from nowhere. We definitely need 4 strikers in total and we only have 2 guaranteed ones at the moment - Leão and Piatek. I hope Borini and Castillejo are liquidated because I can’t see them fitting into the 4312. 

I’m curious to see how much importance will Giampaolo give Paqueta, who’s our most talented player. I hope he shall have a starring role.

Duarte is the kind of signing I expected (price wise, but expected someone older with experience). But it’s a shame we lost the precious non-EU spot on a 4th CB. We should only be using the non-eu spots to buy the absolute top talents out there.

Now we need a second striker and/or a trequartista. GK, Defence are covered, in fact I’d sell 2 LBs and Reina. Midfield looks much better than recent yrs, we finally have options on the bench that we could use. None of our current midfielders is world class yet or can lift the team up alone and that’s what we are lacking. I feel the same away about the attack.
(08-01-2019, 07:05 PM)Lebanese Wrote: Agreed.

What do you think about Correa diavolo? 
I am not convinced
Milan is a rose
Love even the thorns
(08-01-2019, 07:23 PM)drucurl Wrote: What do you think about Correa diavolo? 
I am not convinced

I think it’ll work out for Correa, he’ll serve his purpose. A player with so much hustling & excels at very tight spaces. The kind of player if you want the pressure on.
"Above Milan there is only the sky." Antonio Cassano
(08-01-2019, 07:14 PM)Hitman Wrote: It’s only fair to wait until mercato end before judging the management. The window is dynamic, constantly moving with opportunities coming out from nowhere. We definitely need 4 strikers in total and we only have 2 guaranteed ones at the moment - Leão and Piatek. I hope Borini and Castillejo are liquidated because I can’t see them fitting into the 4312. 

I’m curious to see how much importance will Giampaolo give Paqueta, who’s our most talented player. I hope he shall have a starring role.

Duarte is the kind of signing I expected (price wise, but expected someone older with experience). But it’s a shame we lost the precious non-EU spot on a 4th CB. We should only be using the non-eu spots to buy the absolute top talents out there.

Now we need a second striker and/or a trequartista. GK, Defence are covered, in fact I’d sell 2 LBs and Reina. Midfield looks much better than recent yrs, we finally have options on the bench that we could use. None of our current midfielders is world class yet or can lift the team up alone and that’s what we are lacking. I feel the same away about the attack.

Giampaolo will be pivotal for our season, there is no debate to what he can bring to the table, of course from a tactical POV.

I feel there is more to the manager and the motivator that remains to be seen for Giampaolo. Being at Sampdoria is very different than being here.

Paqueta, I hope we see a different paqueta under Giampaolo and I think we will because under Rino he was just average. Giampaolo is a coach who gets the best out of his #10. I am really hoping the coach gets stubborn and only uses there though I know Dru will disagree right there.

Duarte signing gives you the impression that we are waiting on for Caldara to heal and cement his spot in the starting lineup. He is signed so we are numerically covered and if he proves to be a good signing then he’ll replace Musacchio.

Yes we still need 1 ss even if we sign Correa because noodle and borini has no business wearing the Milan shirt. In midfield we need a starting lcm and vice Bennacer assuming he’s the starting DLP.
(08-01-2019, 07:23 PM)drucurl Wrote: What do you think about Correa diavolo? 
I am not convinced
deulofeu better
Sky Sport Italia is reporting Atletico Madrid forward Angel Correa has agreed to join Milan.
(08-01-2019, 07:50 PM)mazen111 Wrote: deulofeu better

[Image: 66d25b0e67a2cc715a3e17f3cae821f5.gif]
(08-01-2019, 07:55 PM)mazen111 Wrote: Sky Sport Italia is reporting Atletico Madrid forward Angel Correa has agreed to join Milan.

I think the issue has been if Atletico agree or not.
(08-01-2019, 04:45 PM)reza Wrote: It should be Maldini says call me if the price is lower otherwise our scouts have alternatives.

This isn't always possible. I'm sure theee are alternatives to Correa, but it may not be worth it to pursue them. At the same time, there are many players out there able to do what Correa does, but are they available? What's their price? Are they willing to join? Etc

My point is, this management has demonstrated EXACTLY what you said when it's possible to do that. Prime example being the CB. We went from Kabak, to Demiral, to Duarte. 

Why do you think they are not doing that with Correa? It's a genuine question. Something tells me that there is a reason they are not doing that with Correa. Again, could be lack of suitable alternatives (not necessary alternatives exist or not, but simply are they attainable/right for us, etc), could be that it's simply not the right time to walk away from the deal because the alternatives are there waiting and nobody is pressing us. For example, on Duarte, it's just now been said that Roma and Bayer L pressed so we accelerated the closing and even sent Moncada to Brazil.

For me, so far, there's been no big reason to doubt Maldini and Boban. I'll wait to see the team in action in september. I don't agree with everything they are doing, but I think they've done a good job so far.

Also, I think it's worth noting that Giampaolo is likely to be our most important signing this summer.
(08-01-2019, 07:56 PM)Lebanese Wrote: [Image: 66d25b0e67a2cc715a3e17f3cae821f5.gif]

Oh noes yOu iS pOlItIcAl O

I think a SS should be at least good at scoring goals....this guy isn't. That's why i's prefer Depay
Milan is a rose
Love even the thorns