Summer Mercato 2019
Wolverhampton Wanderers reportedly failed in a deadline-day double swoop for Juventus defender Daniele Rugani and Milan midfielder Franck Kessie.
(08-08-2019, 05:52 PM)mazen111 Wrote: Wolverhampton Wanderers reportedly failed in a deadline-day double swoop for Juventus defender Daniele Rugani and Milan midfielder Franck Kessie.

Milan and Juventus accepted, but the players rejected.
Wonder if another club out there is willing to give us 28mil then...
Contrary to many here, I am happy that Kessie stays. He should be given a chance under Giampaolo before we rush into any decision. And he certainly adds an element of physicality into our midfield and that should be appreciated.
Better to sell Suso than Kessie for 28mio. Problem is that Kessie comes from an average season for him and for the club. It is better to stay..He is in a good age and after a good season on personal basis and successful for ACM (for example achieving CL spot) we can demand double dot for him.
If we can get Modric and with Bennacer and Paqueta as ACM, Kessie can shine in his role as ball winning midfielder and box–to–box. It is better to sell Calhanoglu ( Bundesliga for 20–25mio) and Suso for 30–35 mio.
All I care about is....can Kessie's sale bring us closer to CL qualification in terms of using that money to improve the squad. I think he is expendable. I think he was very underwhelming in the last 2 years and actually getting worse as time went by. If he stays, I am sure he will be useful. Hell, maybe MG will even imrpove him drastically. All for that if that happens. But currently, those are my thoughts until Kessie starts performing and playing well.

Also, there were many conversations here about the 28mil price tag and how it's too low. Again, all that matters is can that price tag help us improve the squad. Maybe it's lower then what we would like to, but whatever. Cutrone's 18mil price brought up similar conversations...but there was an article on Milannews outlining how those 18mil basically took care of ALL signings so far (in terms of the annual amortization that will affect this year's budget and therefore FFP when UEFA comes knocking on our door a year from now). Basically it explained how when amortized, Theo+Duarte+Krunic+Bennacer+Leao = somewhere arlund 18mil hit on this year's budget (90mil of transfer fees ÷ 5 year amortization since all those players signed 5 yr contracts).
So my point is, if Kessie's price of 28mil (i believe the cap gain on this will only be 6-7mil, but the point still stands) will do something similar for the improvement of the squad like Ctutrone's sale did....I'm for it, even uf it means the valuation is lower then we'd like.

By the way, there are reports out there that Leao was actually signed for a total of 28mil (including bonuses), and not the initial 35mil everyone thought.
Excellent post
Now Praet to Leicester is official, just before the PL deadline. Fee believed to be around €20 million.
I would have taken Praet as a midfield option, but not as a starter. It's funny how Ferrero kept saying 26mil or nothing, but ended up selling for 20. Still, even at 20, I think it would have been too much for a bench option for us, so I'm glad we didn't bite the bait.