Summer Mercato 2019
11 lol, the pattern continues....Samu being worth a fifth of Correa is a sad joke
Our exit market is really poor, seriously.

We haven't managed to sell any deadwood yet, and the fees being reported are ridiculous. 11m for Castillejo? Also, how many seasons need to go by before we realize that we need to buy a midfielder
Yea. 11m is really low considering we paid 18mil + Bacca only a year ago.
Of course, it's only a rumor now and I hope it's not entirely accurate. At this point, it would almost be better to loan him for a year, let him depreciate more on the balance sheet and then sell him next season by including option in the deal.

Not much time left and still work to be done. We need a SS for sure. Hopefulle a CM/ACM also joins. I'm just not entirely comfortable putting all our eggs in the Suso basket.

On a more positive note, seems like Laxalt and Strinic are on the way out. I would take the interest in Samu as positive...but obviously the amount mentioned is not.
The transfer window ends Sep 2nd...am I correct? Just double confirming...
(08-19-2019, 03:45 PM)WCmilan Wrote: Our exit market is really poor, seriously.

We haven't managed to sell any deadwood yet, and the fees being reported are ridiculous. 11m for Castillejo? Also, how many seasons need to go by before we realize that we need to buy a midfielder

First of all the amount we spent for signing Castillejo was 18 million (Bacxa was not included in this deal if I am not wrong).....the buying amount was too high.  

Looking at his ability, I would be glad that we sell him for anything around 12-15 mio. All he is doing is run around the entire pitch without any kind of contribution to the gameplay. Him a long wirh Biglia were the most frustrated players last season for me.
(08-19-2019, 04:25 PM)k7r Wrote: First of all the amount we spent for signing Castillejo was 18 million (Bacxa was not included in this deal if I am not wrong).....the buying amount was too high.  

Looking at his ability, I would be glad that we sell him for anything around 12-15 mio. All he is doing is run around the entire pitch without any kind of contribution to the gameplay. Him a long wirh Biglia were the most frustrated players last season for me.

11m really doesn't get you much these days.
And transfmarkt valued the deal at around 25m euros so I believe Bacca was included.
https://www.transfermarkt.us/samu-castil...ler/195171

My main issue is that the season is close to starting, it doesn't give us much time to be fully prepared. In my opinion we're still lacking a proper midfield addition, an issue that we've had for how many years now? Doesn't matter how many managements turn over we never address this issue - it's so strange. I know there's time to make that signing, but right now we're focusing on Correa when we should be more focused on selling Silva, and even then I'm not totally sold on Correa  for 50m+. When you look at the facts, has Correa really done anything more than Silva? Why is Silva being sold for peanuts when he had a 20+ goal season in his career, and Correa somehow is worth 50m off the back off a season with less than 3-4 goals & never had such a high scoring season. 

It's historically a fact that we've recently been overpaying to buy, and selling cheaply. The only 'deal' we've gotten recently is arguably Benaccer, for the potential he's been showing his fee was not very inflated at all.

I wouldn't pay a penny over 35m for Correa.
If only we invested all the money we spent on strikers in the past 5 years, in the midfield....
(08-19-2019, 05:13 PM)nefremo Wrote: If only we invested all the money we spent on strikers in the past 5 years, in the midfield....

Then we could have easily bought Zaniolo and Modric
Make Milan Great Again Okmilan
(08-19-2019, 05:06 PM)WCmilan Wrote: 11m really doesn't get you much these days.
And transfmarkt valued the deal at around 25m euros so I believe Bacca was included.
https://www.transfermarkt.us/samu-castil...ler/195171
Oh, it pains to know we spent 25m on such a headless chicken ! Head on wall Head on wall
(08-19-2019, 05:40 PM)k7r Wrote: Oh, it pains to know we spent 25m on such a headless chicken ! Head on wall Head on wall

and letting SES go
Make Milan Great Again Okmilan