Milan Management
A report originating from Kicker magazine in Germany says Rangnick to Milan is off
Apparently not a rumour, it is confirmed that Rangnick is not coming. Team's form under Pioli's cited as a factor.
(07-21-2020, 10:04 PM)reza Wrote: Apparently not a rumour, it is confirmed that Rangnick is not coming. Team's form under Pioli's cited as a factor.

yeah. reading that all over this morning. 

Not a bad idea but, if true, begs the question whether the deal was ever really done.
i think the deal is done sometimes in the past, but our recent performances have made the upper management rethink their decision and renegotiate the deal with rangnick, that renegotiation have made the deal fall through imo. now, what i want to know is, which player we will get, because we need reinforcement badly in the midfield and strikers department imo. and with boban gone and only maldini, can he do it alone? i think its time moncada to step up and work together with maldini.
All in all, a good decision for everyone. While I'm okay with the idea of giving Rangnick free rein, we just can't push the reset button yet again. Not when the team has shown marked improvements under Pioli both in terms of results and the way we play.

Hopefully the management will show Pioli the same support Rangnick was rumoured to get with regards to mercato.
per l'amaro e il dolce
(07-22-2020, 04:28 AM)Nalx Wrote: All in all, a good decision for everyone. While I'm okay with the idea of giving Rangnick free rein, we just can't push the reset button yet again. Not when the team has shown marked improvements under Pioli both in terms of results and the way we play.

Hopefully the management will show Pioli the same support Rangnick was rumoured to get with regards to mercato.

That's a huge one. We can't not give the guy the team he wants and also blame him when it doesn't work. But I suppose Pioli has shown he can make this team play very well as is. Just a matter of picking up some depth and the right players to complement the way we've been playing.
Delighted with this news. Delighted for Pioli. He took the decision out of the management hands. Now we can aim to win on the field and not just the balance books.
I was thinking it might happen when I read Donnarumma words after the contract extension. Hopefully it means Maldini will stay, and some players that I thought would want to leave if Ragnick came.
This shows how bad and unstable Gazidis is in the bizz. He has no clue how a football club is run. Elliot should make some thoughts on him...
The one thing that I have noticed is that Gazidis should stick to the commercial side of the team and stop trying to run the football side. I am sure he is a brilliant business mind and knows how to negotiate deals, but he just doesn't know how to run the football side at all. It is not that I thought Rangnick would come in and take us to CL glory or anything. As a matter of fact, I have always had reservations about him particularly because of the duo role thing he was trying to do. But this back and forth looks so stupid and amateurish. In some ways, Gazidis reminds me of Ed Woodward of Man Utd. They just don't seem to understand a professional sports club is NOT an investment bank and cannot be run the same way. We need professionals in key roles, not these wannabes.
(07-22-2020, 07:19 PM)slifersd Wrote: The one thing that I have noticed is that Gazidis should stick to the commercial side of the team and stop trying to run the football side. I am sure he is a brilliant business mind and knows how to negotiate deals, but he just doesn't know how to run the football side at all. It is not that I thought Rangnick would come in and take us to CL glory or anything. As a matter of fact, I have always had reservations about him particularly because of the duo role thing he was trying to do. But this back and forth looks so stupid and amateurish. In some ways, Gazidis reminds me of Ed Woodward of Man Utd. They just don't seem to understand a professional sports club is NOT an investment bank and cannot be run the same way. We need professionals in key roles, not these wannabes.

Well, Gazidis was the main culprit for the free fall of Arsenal from Elite clubs.
You fear because you live without Love Pioli