Milan's Financial Position
(10-09-2020, 02:02 PM)reza Wrote: €195m is the number quoted now, crazy number. With or without a pandemic we need regular CL and stadium.

Agree with this but should be underlined that what most important thing the progress of this team both in quality and financial capability. Management have been make a very good approach with regard of our goals. CL is still the target but it should not bring so much pressure to the players. Fail to achieve the goal is not the end of world since we have been growing since last season.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(10-10-2020, 01:50 AM)Siregar Wrote: Agree with this but should be underlined that what most important thing the progress of this team both in quality and financial capability. Management have been make a very good approach with regard of our goals. CL is still the target but it should not bring so much pressure to the players. Fail to achieve the goal is not the end of world since we have been growing since last season.

we need a stadium for sure and strong sponsorship .... all achieved by being a brand again

as far as i remember emirates were interested in building us a stadium (Barbara days)... what happened?
The EBITDA isn't as dire as I previously thought. Had our revenues not decrease, Milan would have positive EBITDA. Substract that with the interest payment of 10m + another 20m for loan repayment, you get -30m gross profit. So that means, Milan needs another 30m in revenues to "break even" in terms of gross profit.

UCL football will remedy a lot of that, I suppose.

EDIT: Oh, I got the year wrong.

So, basically Milan's EBITDA is -76, increased because of the lower revenues. If we could get the revenue back up to 220m, with lower wage bills (I think last I read we've saved about 30m in wage bills). So that means, we should have EBITDA around break even or a slight positive. So the revenue can only increase once spectators can come into the stadium again. Further, some prize money from EL will help for 2020-2021. Now, when we get to UCL, I expect we can increase our revenue by another 30-40m maybe?
wonder when will Adidas approach again for a contract?
I hope the team's current results will help improve our brand value. The thing is, when Gazidis says Milan has a massive amount of potential, I think he's right. There's a lot of people out there who want to see us succeed, including people who aren't necessarily fans, but "have always liked Milan" and miss us in the CL etc. But those numbers from Swissramble are pretty dire, it must be said. Thank god we're doing well on the pitch these days, giving us legitimate hope for the future. Let's just hope we can avoid another European ban from UEFA... according to that thread, we're fine for next season, but we could be facing (and are expecting) sanctions in 22/23.

In other news, problems with the new stadium project due to Inter's ownership issues: https://www.football-italia.net/165069/r...ew-stadium
(01-19-2021, 07:46 PM)devoted_dm Wrote: I hope the team's current results will help improve our brand value. The thing is, when Gazidis says Milan has a massive amount of potential, I think he's right. There's a lot of people out there who want to see us succeed, including people who aren't necessarily fans, but "have always liked Milan" and miss us in the CL etc. But those numbers from Swissramble are pretty dire, it must be said. Thank god we're doing well on the pitch these days, giving us legitimate hope for the future. Let's just hope we can avoid another European ban from UEFA... according to that thread, we're fine for next season, but we could be facing (and are expecting) sanctions in 22/23.

In other news, problems with the new stadium project due to Inter's ownership issues: https://www.football-italia.net/165069/r...ew-stadium

Stupid Merda!
(01-19-2021, 07:46 PM)devoted_dm Wrote: I hope the team's current results will help improve our brand value. The thing is, when Gazidis says Milan has a massive amount of potential, I think he's right. There's a lot of people out there who want to see us succeed, including people who aren't necessarily fans, but "have always liked Milan" and miss us in the CL etc. But those numbers from Swissramble are pretty dire, it must be said. Thank god we're doing well on the pitch these days, giving us legitimate hope for the future. Let's just hope we can avoid another European ban from UEFA... according to that thread, we're fine for next season, but we could be facing (and are expecting) sanctions in 22/23.

I think per our agreement to forego Europa League last season, our record was cleared. And I think UEFA also consider giving reprieve due to covid-19 pandemics. So, Milan should be fine even if we book another loss this season (for sure, considering loss of matchday revenues).

I agree that Milan have untapped potential. I read that Inter got 60m for being knocked out of the CL last season, based on just broadcasting rights and prize money I believe. Juve made 87m, Napoli 70m I believe. So, there's your potential revenue.

Looking at the numbers posted above. Let's assume in 2021-2022 covid-19 is under control in Europe so fans can come into the stadium again. Our baseline revenues would be around 220m. Let's also assume we qualify for the Cl in 2021-2022, so we can assume another 60-70m in revenues. Our total revenues would be 280-290m. If Milan can maintain the expense at around 250m, Milan should have EBITDA of around 30-40m.

I think I also read that interest expense for Milan is only 6m per year. Cashflow-wise, Milan should still be okay. The transfer budget will be still quite minimal though (probably Milan would have around 10-20m free), but it can be supplemented by selling one or two players (maybe).

And we haven't even considered better commercial sponsorships once we get back to regular UCL football again. I think that should worth another few millions per year at the very least.
What are the chances Elliott will sell to another investment fund?

Quote:“The law firms managed by the lawyers Felice Raimondo, Gianluca Frate and Dr. Mauro Gagliardi – the owner of the Marriotts Legal Service – have received the mandate to manage the consultancy and extrajudicial assistance activity in Italy regarding the possible acquisition of the football club AC Milan Spa by the investment fund World Lab Technologies inc., headed by Mr. Alexandr Jucov. WLT is a fund with a very significant economic capacity that deals with investing in renewable energy, infrastructure, technology and sport. Legal activity outside Italy is entrusted to the firm Baker McKenzie. More details will be provided later, in the event that Mr. Jucov will reach an agreement in principle with the Elliott fund"
Quote:Overall personnel costs reduced €23.9m (13%), but the level of personnel costs in relation to revenue remained high. Total personnel costs of €160.9m represented 83.67% of total income, well exceeding UEFA recommended limit of 70%. Analysing the cost breakdown further, amortisation, depreciation and write-downs, which were explained earlier, rose €32.7m to €125.7m.

https://sempremilan.com/lessons-from-the...-situation