Summer mercato 2021
(08-22-2021, 08:41 PM)Zio Fester Wrote: Again have to the question the scouts, out of all the many options they plump for Bakayako?

He's crap and failed at every club apart from a season at Monaco. Bounced around on endless loans and the fact that none of these clubs every want to sign him is revealing.

Another quantity over quality signing.
Again, Bakayoko is coming in as the 4th midfielder. While I don't think he's that good, but as a 4th midfielder, Bakayoko is more than sufficient. I'd rather have Bakayoko there instead of Krunic. And he's got some experience playing in serie A and European competitions. So, he's more experienced and he fits better tactically than Pobega. But, again, if I were Maldini and co, I'd just shrug off and try to get Pobega adapted to our current tactical scheme, instead of letting him out on loan, where he might play in a similar role, and we'd still face the same question next season. Having said that, I can also see the pros of sending Pobega out on loan and have him play 30-35 matches, instead of playing 10-15 sitting on the bench for us.

One more important thing ... the Bakayoko deal is loan with an option to buy (as reported). So, at the very least we're not spending too much $ to bring him in. If he succeeds, it's always a good question to have too many players rather than not enough.

As far as the scouting department, we'll see the result on the emphasize on youth probably in the next 2-3 years. The key will be how many of our primavera players could step into our senior squad and/or be sold for a profitable value should their paths be blocked in the senior squad.
(08-22-2021, 08:41 PM)Zio Fester Wrote: Again have to the question the scouts, out of all the many options they plump for Bakayako?

He's crap and failed at every club apart from a season at Monaco. Bounced around on endless loans and the fact that none of these clubs every want to sign him is revealing.

Another quantity over quality signing.

He is not crap but he is not world class. He is still at Chelsea because they refuse to reduce the price for him and he has a very high salary. He is more than decent enough as a backup. We are getting him because he is value for money. We can use him for a season before deciding whether to get a better player next season.
(08-23-2021, 01:35 AM)porcho Wrote: THIS! It's too late to change our mind. If he's going to play that game then sign him up ASAP and quietly throw him on the market to sell end of season and identify a replacement whether that be a starter or a backup depends on how Tonali develops this season.
I'm not one of those that thought he was terrible. I actually think he showed some very positive signs and fans were expecting too much of him at times. Expecting him to be a player he's not when he started alongside Kessie and expecting him to carry the midfield when it was him plus Krunic in there. 

I really rate Zaccagni. Would be a cheap option and he definitely has the quality. would be a good depth signing for sure. 

I think Tonali has played much better in preseason but I expect him to be more aggressive in attacks though. 

Zaccagni is good for me too, he is already an upgrade over Hakan.
(08-23-2021, 03:43 AM)Demonbanana Wrote: Messias? Who the fuck is that ?

@NicoSchira
Pablo #Sarabia could leave #PSG this summer: his agents have offered him to #Sevilla and #ACMilan, which are evaluating this move. His contract with #Paris expires in 2024 (€4M/year). #transfers

I know the name, but is Sarabia any good ?

Messias is good. He did well last season in a weak team so would expect him to do better at Milan with better players around him.

I don't know about Sarabia. I've never really rated him. But at this stage in the window maybe beggers can't be choosers?

(08-23-2021, 05:22 AM)hwmook Wrote: He is not crap but he is not world class. He is still at Chelsea because they refuse to reduce the price for him and he has a very high salary. He is more than decent enough as a backup. We are getting him because he is value for money. We can use him for a season before deciding whether to get a better player next season.

That's just it. he's a depth signing. better than Krunic.
it's a loan with an option. If he comes and does average then we send him back end of season. If he does well then we've picked up a quality bench player for cheap.
Messias.... People shouldn't getting their ass on him, he is geniuely decent player tbh, still a upgrade over Hakan I would say but I wouldn't have mind him as back up for someone like Vlasic/Ziyech. Zaccagni is available for cheap, i don't know why our managment is sleeping
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
Manchester City have received a €52m offer from AC Milan to sign Bernardo Silva.

sky sports
(08-23-2021, 08:01 AM)mazen111 Wrote: Manchester City have received a €52m offer from AC Milan to sign Bernardo Silva.

sky sports

I don't know. We wouldn't spend the cash to sign Kaio Jorge. Argued for weeks to drop the figure for Tonali and for Giroud. 
Have been negotiating for weeks for so many other players. 
Then out of nowhere... he's 52m for a player we haven't been even looking at.  Devilol Devilol
[Image: 239643770_10224835213366123_810110695004...e=61278A2D]
(08-23-2021, 08:40 AM)porcho Wrote: I don't know. We wouldn't spend the cash to sign Kaio Jorge. Argued for weeks to drop the figure for Tonali and for Giroud. 
Have been negotiating for weeks for so many other players. 
Then out of nowhere... he's 52m for a player we haven't been even looking at.  Devilol Devilol

The only thing I find on Sky is their reference to the rumour from Daily Star which nobody else are reporting on.

I seriously doubt this. Especially that an offer has been made already.

Carlo Pellegatti: "Milan will take a replacement for Calhanoglu but it won't be Bernardo Silva"
Messi.... ass from Cagliari or CoVid19 from Porto