Summer mercato 2021
(09-06-2021, 10:58 AM)porcho Wrote: IF True... then that's more than he's worth. Presumably he wants at least that to re-sign

I find it hard to believe, but you never know. We spent money like madmen at the time.

Anyway, I doubt Romagnoli will find a club that is willing/able to match that amount, and certainly not Lazio.

But after all those years I can understand if he wants to try something new. Especially now that he is not our first choice anymore.
Looks like it we'll see another 2 players leave on a free transfer. That hurts. Its really fucked up the way players and their agents are playing with their clubs. Its all about the money, no love for the club anymore. We gonna loose almost 200m of players on free transfers in Donnarumma, Hakan, Romagnoli and Kessie. Hopefully we can snatch up some free transfers ourselves next summer. As there are so many free players next summer. Kamara, Insigne, Belotti, Pellegrini, Rudiger, Denayer... are all on a free transfer. Getting a few of those on realistic wages would be great.

I seriously hope Kessie an romagnoli won't get much playing time this season if they don't renew.
We don't need to sign a Romagnoli replacement. Gabbia performed just as Romagnoli, even better actually.

But let's agree to disagree. For me, signing these high dollar extensions just to sell in the future (or protect from the eventuality of losing for free) is not the right way.
(09-06-2021, 04:03 AM)ACM2021 Wrote: Personally, I would keep him on the bench for one full year. Nothing wrong about that. Someone mentioned that there could be labor right issue. I doubt it. (You can't exclude him from the practice, but for game day choice, it is the coach's decision.) 

It can't be. Not even by craziest libtardian definition. Besides, it would not be the first time it happened. We had Montolivo case few years ago. Playing games is not "right", it's privilege.
Coach's job is to do what's best for his team. In this case it would be playing those who're determined to remain. So in Milan's best interest is to give chance to those who will build future of Milan not future of other clubs. Why play Kessie to keep him fit for Chelsea or PSG ,instead of playing and developing Tonali for us?
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
(09-06-2021, 08:41 AM)slifersd Wrote: I think we need to separate facts from fiction a little bit, were Roma and Kessie's forms really that bad? I am not saying Roma is Nesta II or Kessie is the new Patrick Vieira, but those guys were hardly a walking disaster for us when they played. The idea that nobody in the world would want them is kind of weird to me. Also, if we had started negotiation a year ago, we probably could've had the deal done on better terms than they are right now. With the contract ending soon, these players know they have the leverage and can demand more. Their agents are also getting calls from other teams and getting fed the numbers those teams are willing to pay. They most likely wouldn't have had that a year ago. 

No, we shouldn't extend players that are awful, but the players we are losing aren't awful. Hakan/Donna/Roma/Kessie are quality players who at worst can play a role on most teams. And yet everyone acts like these guys are like Samu level players who we can't give away for free lol. Do you really think no team in the EPL would pay for Kessie even if he's on a 7m a year wage? That's nothing for EPL teams and you know they like their African midfielders there. Roma might not have as great a market, but if we are giving him away for a small fee, i can see a team like Barca giving him a look too. Again, not saying these guys are world class mega stars, but they have value in the market and I don't think we can assume they are going to get stuck here if they are on a bigger contract.

Why would you bet 11m/year in the hope of getting a small fee? The fact is 6m/year belong to starter category player even in Italy richest team Juventus. Romagnoli is just like Rugani who earn 3m/year in Juventus. Why would Barcelona even want to pay 6m/year for Romagnoli if they can get Rugani for 3m/year? They want a Romagnoli who is a starter not a benchwarmer, after 1 year of sitting on the bench, nobody would even pay 15m for him. I rather we let those players walk for free than to sign them on a contract way above what they are worth. A 4 year 6m/year contract cost us 40m while letting Romagnoli walk for free will cost us much less. Gabbia is good enough as a backup and only take 600k/year. Tomori cost us 28m and 3m/year which work out to 11m/year over 5 years, I would let Romagnoli walk for free to get another Tomori, its simply common sense. Stop being so hard up for transfer fees that you miss the big picture.
(09-06-2021, 11:29 AM)nefremo Wrote: We don't need to sign a Romagnoli replacement. Gabbia performed just as Romagnoli, even better actually.

But let's agree to disagree. For me, signing these high dollar extensions just to sell in the future (or protect from the eventuality of losing for free) is not the right way.

Agree with this. We already have Gabbia. If we want to buy a replacement, buy experienced one that does not cost a lot for 4th CB.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(09-06-2021, 12:11 PM)Siregar Wrote: Agree with this. We already have Gabbia. If we want to buy a replacement, buy experienced one that does not cost a lot for 4th CB.

You mean buy another Kjaer?  Sagrin

Actually we have Kalulu whom I think did decently in his first season and at such a tender age. I am hoping to see him take a big leap forward like how Tonali is doing recently.
(09-06-2021, 10:50 AM)Arildonardo Wrote: Romagnoli earns €6m?!

From Calciomercato.com:

"Romagnoli actually receives a salary of around €6m net per season at the moment, not the €3.5m a lot of places are reporting.

This is because of the fact that in the agreement stipulated in June 2018 former sporting director Massimiliano Mirabelli agreed with Romagnoli’s then-agent Sergio Berti a four-year contract starting with a base of €3.5m and rising up to the current €6m."

If this is true...then Maldini is tied up. He can do nothing in this situation. 
Romagnoli will NOT walk out on a 6M a year. Why should he? I wouldn't either. 
At the same time, no club that's even remotely interested in him will match that 6M so nothing will happen until next summer.
We obviously will not offer a renewal at 6M...and there is zero chance he takes a paycut (it would be a substantial one).

Seems like "big-mouth Mirabelli" is still screwing the club years after he burned 200+M.
First time ever I see the 6 million number. I can't believe many sources like Gazzetta would be printing wrong info all the time, there has been no rising at all printed anywhere, unless it is jumping to 6 straight from 3.5, but even that wasn't mentioned anywhere.
Romagnoli is gone. 6M is more than Tomori AND Kjaer get a year combined.
We're not going to keep him unless he drops his demands or fires his agent, neither of which I see happening at Milan.
He may lower his wages if he were to play at Lazio, but that's another story entirely.
The only thing I'm glad about is that we don't actually start him, and buff Gabbia can be our new 3rd CB rotation.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool