Liverpool- Milan
You are forgetting that this is one of the toughest opponents there is at home ground. I think they really did the best they could on debut. This is very valuable lesson for the future. Boys did their best, and made it known that they are to be seriously considered for making through the group.
We can beat Atletico and Porto. I have no question about that.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
(09-15-2021, 10:08 PM)Ryo Wrote: We can beat Atletico and Porto. I  have no question about that.

Seeing how crap they are playing each other, I think we should have 12 points from that 4 games.  Sagrin
(09-15-2021, 10:07 PM)winstonwolfe Wrote: You are forgetting that this is one of the toughest opponents there is at home ground. I think they really did the best they could on debut. This is very valuable lesson for the future. Boys did their best, and made it known that they are to be seriously considered for  making through the group.

Thank you, because reading most comments, it looks like it was a shitty performance by a CL winner level Milan. A lot of people forget our start of season is quite good if not excellent, and that we have one of the youngest teams in Europe.

In our first team starting tonight, only Kjaer played some CL games, Hernandez has some minutes but has 0 experience actually at this level, Rebic probably played some minutes too in his past. I wonder if Tomori got a few minutes too and Saelemakers in his former club. And then, that's it !
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(09-15-2021, 10:03 PM)Artan Wrote: We had to play with a stronger midfield. Three CM's, to protect the back, we all knew Pool will attack.

Bennacer is physically weak, Kessie useless, Diaz also weak physicaly weak to fight through the way.

Our defence and attack was let down by the weak midfield performance today.
Florenzi seems pretty limited, just another body, can see why Roma wanted to get rid.

Zero options at RW with Messi-as apparently in bad physical condition and Piol's son left out.
(09-15-2021, 10:17 PM)Zio Fester Wrote: Florenzi seems pretty limited, just another body, can see why Roma wanted to get rid.

Zero options at RW with Messi-as apparently in bad physical condition and Piol's son left out.

Saelemackers actually doing fine at RW. Florenzi is really a RB, we need to stop playing him as RW. We need another RW.
The thing that truly disappointed was the fact we played this game like we totally didnt know what to expect or how liverpool played.. even us couch managers from home predicted and expected this frentic pace and intensity.. our team started the game as if we were expecting to face Livorno but suddenly realised it was Liverpool..
2ndly, the whole game all of us saw how ineffective Kessie was and yet he stayed on the pitch the full game.. how did Pioli not see this..? Was he watching a different game than we did..? Florenzi has been useless everytime he was played.. we might as well throw in that unfit messias and see what happens.. not only do we not know what he could do, i doubt liverpool would be prepared for it (the bad or good) but Florenzi adds nothing.. absolutely nothing..

Anyway.. see how i rated Henderson higher than Thiago was for Pool.. did we see anything good at all from Thiago individually..? Pfft.. wasted opportunity to suprise..
(09-15-2021, 10:25 PM)hwmook Wrote: Saelemackers actually doing fine at RW. Florenzi is really a RB, we need to stop playing him as RW. We need another RW.

Had all summer to get one and ended up with a soon to be 31 year old from Serie B who is not a true RW but is fat and out of shape.

Pellegri - Any chance of seeing him on the pitch?
Missed the game and only saw the highlights. Considering our youth strategy and lack of CL experience, it was ok. Defensively we appeared stout. Shots were from a distance. The first goal a deflection and second looked off side (?). Importantly we were pressed into submission in Serie A too because we lacked a big man to help us out.

Great learning lesson. Most important thing will be to see how we bounce back against Juve.

A lot of harsh words for Kessie. This is the problem with players in contract hears, they can’t handle big events kind of like Hakan in the euros. Hopefully presidente gets his head on straight.