Summer mercato 2012
(02-14-2012, 10:35 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote:
(02-14-2012, 04:23 AM)WCmilan Wrote: idk which urby you've been watching but he's been making huge improvements.. if he improves physically becomes a little more bigger and stronger i would give him a go as one of our starters

Really?? Urby for me is very average. He makes very little impact in the side and has only made the difference in a couple of short bursts (i.e. not consistently or with any frequency).

true.

I think when Aquilani, Merkel and Boateng will be fit again he wont make much minutes anymore. The only position i'd like to see him is as left fullback, especially vs smaller serie A sides he is a good option there IMO.
Personally, I am a huge fan of Urby. I would love to keep him in the squad for the next few years.

1) He's 21?
2) There's no pressure on him as his wages are very low and came for almost nothing.
3) He is improving alot progressively.
4) He doesn't complain from being a bench player.
5) Very versatile player, can cover a few positions and can help us change formations if need be.
6) Has qualities that none of our midfielders have - no one can dribble like him for example.
7) Work rate is very impressive, he never gives up and keeps trying.

What's not to like?
(02-14-2012, 01:06 PM)Hitman Wrote: Personally, I am a huge fan of Urby. I would love to keep him in the squad for the next few years.

1) He's 21?
2) There's no pressure on him as his wages are very low and came for almost nothing.
5) Very versatile player, can cover a few positions and can help us change formations if need be.
6) Has qualities that none of our midfielders have - no one can dribble like him for example.

1) He's 25
2) He earns 2M/year
3) Didn't notice that ...
4) He did "complain" a few weeks ago saying he wanted to leave but then decided to stay with the injuries and will try to be patient
5) Versatile means he's good at more than 2 positions on the pitch, he's average in most of them, if not bad sometimes, so his versatility is a bit useless, especially when we'll have all our players back
6) He dribbles one player sometimes, but he also, most of the time, makes a pass to a partner on his right, on his left, or behind (never risking to make a pass forward): that's exactly what most of our midfielders do actually ...
7) The work rate isn't that impressive, but I have to concede that he doesn't give up and keeps trying at least, but to play in Milan, that point shouldn't even be considered as all Milan players should never give up and keep trying ...

One player, two versions ...
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(02-14-2012, 01:41 PM)GeoTav Wrote:
(02-14-2012, 01:06 PM)Hitman Wrote: 1) He's 21?

1) He's 25

You had me at 21 Smile
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
(02-14-2012, 01:06 PM)Hitman Wrote: Personally, I am a huge fan of Urby. I would love to keep him in the squad for the next few years.

1) He's 21?

What's not to like?

1) Urby's 25
2) That's not a bonus. I'm personally not interested in finances so much as I am for the quality of the squad/team
3) I can't agree. I see little improvement in him over the past year and he adds too little in the side to warrant a place imo
4) Not strictly true, he wanted to leave on loan but stayed to fight for a place. Bonera also doesn't complain about being on the bench might I add.
5) Urby's versatile yes, but he's the definition of a basic utility man who has flexibility but brings little overall influence/quality
6) That for me shows a deficiency in our midfield overall. If a pretty average player like Urby is the best at dribbling in our midfield, then for me it's a weakness in our midfield set up
7) Fair enough, he's not lazy

edit: geo got in first
(02-14-2012, 02:13 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote:

1) He's 21?

What's not to like?

1) Urby's 25
2) That's not a bonus. I'm personally not interested in finances so much as I am for the quality of the squad/team
3) I can't agree. I see little improvement in him over the past year and he adds too little in the side to warrant a place imo
4) Not strictly true, he wanted to leave on loan but stayed to fight for a place. Bonera also doesn't complain about being on the bench might I add.
5) Urby's versatile yes, but he's the definition of a basic utility man who has flexibility but brings little overall influence/quality
6) That for me shows a deficiency in our midfield overall. If a pretty average player like Urby is the best at dribbling in our midfield, then for me it's a weakness in our midfield set up
7) Fair enough, he's not lazy

edit: geo got in first

Looks like we think exactly the same thing about Emmanuelson !! Sagrin
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
[Image: aaf8ca5c.png]
[Image: 2f8463d9.png]
"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"
nice artical Flame., tnx for sharing Wink
Daniele de Rossi in red & black Sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSJmMc1cvac RINO GATTUSO ENERGY
May be not a lot but no improvement is harsh on Urby in my opinion. With our squad and so-called finances issues we shouldn't expect "a lot" any way.

Thanks fLame.
(02-14-2012, 02:18 PM)GeoTav Wrote: Looks like we think exactly the same thing about Emmanuelson !! Sagrin

lol, yep. I've noticed we've shared the same opinion of him for a while though, as we've both posted in the past as to how he's not really good enough.

I want to say I value Urby's attitude at Milan. He's a professional and behaves appropriately, looking to fight for his place and not giving up. My issues with him is purely at a technical level, as I don't think he's a top club player, but rather a mid table team player. At a club like Fiorentina or Palermo, I think he'd be pretty good.