Summer mercato 2012
I doubt we'll actually go after Pedro. As great a player as he is..I don't see where we'll fit him. If we want Montolivo..then what happens to Aquilani?
Siamo a posto cosi.
(03-07-2012, 05:16 PM)xudong Wrote: Rumor suggests that Juventus is trying to do another Pirlo on Nesta, which was made possible due to the latter's recent rift with Allegri. I hope that it is just silly rumor. Sad

Better be silly rumour. Even if Nesta decides to leave we can not feed our closest rival, it unacceptable.

Aquilani is a quality player and however he is doing very good job as RCM and he can also play as LCM. im considering Aquilani as RCM starter.

Milan will sign Aquilani at all costs. its very hard to buy a quality CM at small price and Galliani wont miss it.

i actually rate Aquilani much higher than Montolivo. Aquilani has great quality, RCM was a new position to him, when he get used to play there, he will improve much more.

His passing, especially deep passes are class. His dribbling, pressing are very important for our midfield.

CDS reports Allegri considers Montolivo as anchor, Galliani last summer said that Montolivo is an anchor. i want us to sign Hernanes for LCM and quality anchor. maybe we can sign Montolivo to replace Emanuelson. He would be upgrade over him.
(03-07-2012, 05:22 PM)Mystik Wrote: I doubt we'll actually go after Pedro. As great a player as he is..I don't see where we'll fit him. If we want Montolivo..then what happens to Aquilani?

doubt that we would go after Pedro either. more likely it is a gesture to counteract Barcelona's annoying move on Thiago Silva.

Montolivo and Aquilani would co-exist. I am sure that we will keep Aquilani for sure. He is important to this team. You could argue that Arsenal started to get tired so it could be coincidence, but as soon as Aquilani was on pitch, Milan took over thegame.
aka xudong
The Arsenal game showed how poor Milan's midfield really is. Aquilani did look decent when he came on but the others just aren't good enough if you want to be at the top end. KPB is a prime example. He is a good player and definetly a good player to have in the squad but he's probably Milan's best midfielder. He wouldn't get near the best XI at Barca, Real, Man U or Man C. If Milan genuinely want to be great again they are going to have to sign a Sneijder, Pastore, Hamsik or the likes. They need a game changer who can perform at the highest level and they don't come cheap. Milan have a quality defence with the exception of LB (Mesbah is shockingly bad!) and quality up top, it's not rocket surgery where the issue lies.
(03-07-2012, 05:06 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I can understand Allegri wanting Montolivo to replace Van Bommel, because that role requires high passing abilities on the ball. Pirlo was great as a regista, but his lack of physical presence was a huge problem. Montolivo actually worries me for a similar reason, as unlike Van Bommel he's not a hard man.

But Van Bommel makes basic mistakes and his passing isn't great. Busquets isn't physically dominating but is as good as any in that role. Admittidly with Xavi and Iniest in front of you it is less likely that you will have to do as much defending. If it was Football Manager, you could have Monolivo as Anchor, KPB or Aqua as RCM, buy Assamoah for LCM and buy say Sneijder or Patore for ACM and win the Champions league. Reality is probably going to be very different.
Why is Mesbah SHOCKINGLY bad? A guy who can't be a starter for Algeria NT, played for Lecce and wasnt a standout, starts for Milan in knockoud CL stage and plays bad. Why is it shocking?
(03-07-2012, 05:30 PM)reza Wrote:
(03-07-2012, 05:16 PM)xudong Wrote: Rumor suggests that Juventus is trying to do another Pirlo on Nesta, which was made possible due to the latter's recent rift with Allegri. I hope that it is just silly rumor. Sad

Better be silly rumour. Even if Nesta decides to leave we can not feed our closest rival, it unacceptable.

If we don't want Nesta and Juve does, then they can sign him like they did with Pirlo. Nesta will be way over the top when next season starts anyway. He wouldn't make Juve much better like Pirlo did.
Boateng is a great player. i really dont know why you are underrating him. i remember that a guy here was saying that he is Flamini with running(im talking about CaRossonero or a nick like this) Same guy here said that we should sell ibra because of his wages and depent on Pato) it seems he was wrong in every aspect on his opinions. Current status shows he was wrong.

i always said here that what Boateng does is world class. Ronaldo, Oezil all played many games vs Barcelona. They have one game as impressive as Boateng's game vs them? Ronaldo only manages to score them in coppa games, to Pinto, their vice GK. Boateng a game changer. He changed games, Atalanta, Lecce e.t.c. He changed Arsenal game with his great goal. He changed the game vs inter in Supercoppa, he is improving, im sure that he will improve more and more.

For instance, a game changer Sneijder? Which games this season Sneijder changed? or Hamsik changed? Boateng just needs to improve his passing more, especially deep and long passes. maybe Aquilani should help him on this subject as he is almost perfect on long and deep passes. Sneijder has 1 goals 4 assists, Boateng has 4 goals 4 assists.

He missed many games due to his injury/ban. so his assists could increase.

What Milan needs in midfield is Hernanes. A leader, with great playmaking and passing skills plus creative, strong and use the ball pretty well. Milan missed a player like him vs Arsenal. Keep Aquilani, Nocerino, Muntari and work on their weak points. Our player needs to work hard to improve. We need to improve as a team. For instance, Abate has to improve himself, how to use the ball better, cross better, finish better. He just lacks final product.

Nocerino is great on movement and finishing, but he needs to improve on tactical and defensive zone. Tackling, using the ball better. He scored 8 goals so far but he has 0 assists. it says everything about him.
(03-07-2012, 11:36 PM)Arildonardo Wrote:
(03-07-2012, 05:30 PM)reza Wrote: Better be silly rumour. Even if Nesta decides to leave we can not feed our closest rival, it unacceptable.

If we don't want Nesta and Juve does, then they can sign him like they did with Pirlo. Nesta will be way over the top when next season starts anyway. He wouldn't make Juve much better like Pirlo did.

I am afraid that he will. A player like Nesta is useful not just on the pitch, but off the pitch. Didn't Thiago Silva say that he learned the most from just training with Maldini?

I am hoping that all the rumors are just BS. I would NOT want to see that happen again. Angry One Pirlo is too much already.
aka xudong
(03-07-2012, 11:36 PM)Arildonardo Wrote:
(03-07-2012, 05:30 PM)reza Wrote: Better be silly rumour. Even if Nesta decides to leave we can not feed our closest rival, it unacceptable.

Nesta is still important for us. He is not like Pirlo, who asked for 3 years contract.

i think that he will stay and retire here.
(03-07-2012, 11:58 PM)xudong Wrote:
(03-07-2012, 11:36 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: If we don't want Nesta and Juve does, then they can sign him like they did with Pirlo. Nesta will be way over the top when next season starts anyway. He wouldn't make Juve much better like Pirlo did.

I am afraid that he will. A player like Nesta is useful not just on the pitch, but off the pitch. Didn't Thiago Silva say that he learned the most from just training with Maldini?

I am hoping that all the rumors are just BS. I would NOT want to see that happen again. Angry One Pirlo is too much already.

Then we need Cafu, he just needs to work with Abate and teach him how to cross better, how to use the ball better.

Btw, Bonera trained with Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Thiago Silva but still he dont know how to defence. is it possible? Dont worry, Bonucci will be the same story.