Summer mercato 2012
Why is everyone being so negative??? We are in first place in serie a and final 8 in Europe and if we could have avoided the Spanish teams, we easily could have made it to the semis. And still, we have a great chance to win it all this year.

Obviously Milan is cheap when u compare to teams like barca and Madrid. And normally that fact would bug me if there was an obvious hole in our squad. But dang, our team is pretty good!!! It's been years since I completely trust our team's ability to score. We were down 1-0 yesterday and it wasn't a question of if we could score, but when!

If there is ever a mercato that I feel doesn't require much expenditure, it's this upcoming one. The only thing I see as a need is CDM. LB upgrade would be nice too. And getting astori back to be mentored by nesta is important too. Nainggolan (sp.) should be the only guy we go after, and go after hard.

Despite our management's apparent affliction of having tyranosaurus rex arms which prevents them from reaching for their wallet each summer, you have to hand it to them that they put together a pretty good team on the cheap.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm actually enjoying this season and for once in a long while, I'm not focused at all on who might be coming this summer. Enjoy this season people....
Negative because we clearly need a new LB CDM CREATIVE MID..get rid of 80% of the senators and stop relying on gamble transfer..the season had gone well but it's not negativity toward how it's gone , but definitely how it could go in a year or 2..same problems buy a quality player or 2 a season and not end up in a crap situation like a few years back.
Plenty of quality well priced players around but are overlooked for pretty much anyone free , I honestly think its annoyance more than negativity...
The obvious hole in our squad is - serious lack of world class midfielders (new anchor, new CAM); our fullbacks (Abate is alright, but besides that things are grim); keeper (Abbiati is solid but not a WC keeper); and a bad lack of depth on top of that.

So yeah.
"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"
(03-25-2012, 08:43 PM)fLame Wrote: The obvious hole in our squad is - serious lack of world class midfielders (new anchor, new CAM); our fullbacks (Abate is alright, but besides that things are grim); keeper (Abbiati is solid but not a WC keeper); and a bad lack of depth on top of that.

So yeah.

I totally disagree with the bold part...if we have anything in this team, it's depth and that explains how we are leading Seria A & through to the last 8 of the CL DESPITE MILANLAB!!!
We've practically played every game this season missing at least 10 players and still got results and that is due to the depth we have
agree with lebrn
we do have an incredible depth this season
the backups is doing some pretty amazing job to cover the 1st team
might even replace the 1st team
and we havent had this luxury of player since a long long time
(03-25-2012, 08:57 PM)LebRN Wrote:
(03-25-2012, 08:43 PM)fLame Wrote: The obvious hole in our squad is - serious lack of world class midfielders (new anchor, new CAM); our fullbacks (Abate is alright, but besides that things are grim); keeper (Abbiati is solid but not a WC keeper); and a bad lack of depth on top of that.

So yeah.

I totally disagree with the bold part...if we have anything in this team, it's depth and that explains how we are leading Seria A & through to the last 8 of the CL DESPITE MILANLAB!!!
We've practically played every game this season missing at least 10 players and still got results and that is due to the depth we have

I agree too. So many injuries this season and Milan is still top in Serie A and fighting in the CL. Milan's depth and surprise performances (Nocerino, Urby, and maybe Muntari) are the reason why despite all the injuries.

I would rather give Allegri more credit. I still remember how poor a player Emanuelson was; how useless and unfortunate Bonera was; and how much I hated Muntari.

I guess you could call that depth, but without Allegri who seems to turn the useless into useful, they are just, you know, useless. Big Grin
aka xudong
(03-26-2012, 05:40 AM)xudong Wrote: I would rather give Allegri more credit. I still remember how poor a player Emanuelson was; how useless and unfortunate Bonera was; and how much I hated Muntari.

I guess you could call that depth, but without Allegri who seems to turn the useless into useful, they are just, you know, useless. Big Grin

totally agree with you. I really believe and facts are there, Carlo would never make such a great use of his depth players like Allegri is doing it. We never saw Brochi make such an impact on the team for all his years at the club. And I really don`t think we would be this successful if Carlo had 11 injured players on average every game.

Max is much more flexible and adaptable coach than Carlo was.
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
(03-26-2012, 09:59 AM)Kastriot Wrote: Max is much more flexible and adaptable coach than Carlo was.

Well, Allegri is a better coach at setting up a successful rotation and developing backup / reserve players.

But you shouldn't forget that Allegri has his shortcomings as well - among them often a ridiculous use of subs and failure to motivate the squad for big matches.
"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"
(03-26-2012, 10:28 AM)fLame Wrote:
(03-26-2012, 09:59 AM)Kastriot Wrote: Max is much more flexible and adaptable coach than Carlo was.

Well, Allegri is a better coach at setting up a successful rotation and developing backup / reserve players.

But you shouldn't forget that Allegri has his shortcomings as well - among them often a ridiculous use of subs and failure to motivate the squad for big matches.

It's funny because last season, except the wrong approach we had in CL against Tottenham (but we can't blame Allegri for being a rookie at the highest level), we won almost all our games against the big teams and everyone said Allegri was great at motivating the players in big games ...
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !