Summer mercato 2012
I like we talk as if we can just buy these players easily without worrying the economic impact on the club. Milan isn't rich and Milan can't afford to buy like it used to (e.g., Rui + Inzaghi back then).
I've constantly referenced the issue with money. Selling Ibra would go a long way to help those problems though. Milan could recoup around £25mil in a transfer fee plus a large chunk off the wage bill. Also letting go the likes of Gattuso, Seedorf, Ambrosini, MVB, Inzaghi, Zambro, Nesta, Flamini etc. would really help. Maybe not all of them but the vast majority as Milan has a ridiculously big squad.
i think that we need Tevez, a quality LB, Hernanes and anchor signings. We can sign Tevez and quality LB with the sales of Pato, Vila and Taiwo. We will get rid of Flamini's, Seedorf's Van Bommel's, Gattuso's(he will play for free even if he stays)
Zambrotta's e.t.c wages. if we can make Hernanes and anchor signings with this money and if Berlusconi can help a bit, everthing will be better.

Selling ibra would be stupid. it doesnt surprise me a Barcelona fans wants it. İbra is our leader and best performer for us this season so far.

@JuanShoe go and discuss with your friends @Barca forum.

Btw, Nesta is still great defender, i think that he should stay one more year.
Considering our money issues Pato's health becomes even more important. As of right now there is a danger that he may not have any value at all, if other teams' are not confident about his state he will not be anywhere close to enough for a Tevez type transfer
(04-04-2012, 05:13 PM)abbeyleemania Wrote: i think that we need Tevez, a quality LB, Hernanes and anchor signings. We can sign Tevez and quality LB with the sales of Pato, Vila and Taiwo. We will get rid of Flamini's, Seedorf's Van Bommel's, Gattuso's(he will play for free even if he stays)
Zambrotta's e.t.c wages. if we can make Hernanes and anchor signings with this money and if Berlusconi can help a bit, everthing will be better.

Selling ibra would be stupid. it doesnt surprise me a Barcelona fans wants it. İbra is our leader and best performer for us this season so far.

Ibra has indeed been one of the best players in the squad this season. However if you are looking at the progress of the team as a whole to get to again be the best side in the world, it would make perfect sense. Currently Milan are entirely too reliant on him. This is a huge problem as throughout his entire career and at every club he has played for, he has failed to deliver in the big games and in Europe. He simply lacks the movement and dynamism to cause good defenders problems. If Milan want to get to the top level they have to take a more holistic and team approach and I personally don't believe that this can be achieved with Ibra.

And with regards to my "right" to post on here, I don't have to justify anything to you. I have followed Milan for over 20 years, as well as follwing Barca for roughly the same time. And regardless of who I follow, a public forum is surely self explainitory.
(04-04-2012, 05:17 PM)reza Wrote: Considering our money issues Pato's health becomes even more important. As of right now there is a danger that he may not have any value at all, if other teams' are not confident about his state he will not be anywhere close to enough for a Tevez type transfer

It's one of those akward situations. If you want to sell him he needs to perform, and if he does that should he not be kept. I still think he'll go on to be a top class player. Just hope it is for Milan
(04-04-2012, 03:30 AM)WCmilan Wrote: seriously dont understand all this hatred towards pato..

well, as I said before, it is Pato himself who makes it so easy for his haters and so difficult for his lovers. (the two terms "haters" and "lovers" are in their neutral senses.)
aka xudong
(04-04-2012, 06:01 PM)JuanShoe Wrote:
(04-04-2012, 05:13 PM)abbeyleemania Wrote: i think that we need Tevez, a quality LB, Hernanes and anchor signings. We can sign Tevez and quality LB with the sales of Pato, Vila and Taiwo. We will get rid of Flamini's, Seedorf's Van Bommel's, Gattuso's(he will play for free even if he stays)

Ibra has indeed been one of the best players in the squad this season. However if you are looking at the progress of the team as a whole to get to again be the best side in the world, it would make perfect sense. Currently Milan are entirely too reliant on him. This is a huge problem as throughout his entire career and at every club he has played for, he has failed to deliver in the big games and in Europe. He simply lacks the movement and dynamism to cause good defenders problems. If Milan want to get to the top level they have to take a more holistic and team approach and I personally don't believe that this can be achieved with Ibra.

And with regards to my "right" to post on here, I don't have to justify anything to you. I have followed Milan for over 20 years, as well as follwing Barca for roughly the same time. And regardless of who I follow, a public forum is surely self explainitory.
(04-04-2012, 05:17 PM)reza Wrote: Considering our money issues Pato's health becomes even more important. As of right now there is a danger that he may not have any value at all, if other teams' are not confident about his state he will not be anywhere close to enough for a Tevez type transfer

It's one of those akward situations. If you want to sell him he needs to perform, and if he does that should he not be kept. I still think he'll go on to be a top class player. Just hope it is for Milan

I don't have the stats with me, but Milan played just as well with or without IBra. The style of play is different though.

I'm against selling Ibra. Buying him (will) bring us two Scudetto - with the absence of Cassano till this weekend (which everybody seems to have forgotten how important Cassano is to us). "he has failed to deliver in the big games and in Europe. He simply lacks the movement and dynamism to cause good defenders problems. If Milan want to get to the top level they have to take a more holistic and team approach and I personally don't believe that this can be achieved with Ibra." I might have agreed with you two years ago before Ibra joined, but when you look at IBra this season at Champion League, this point is totally not valid. He might not have scored enough goals against the bigger team, but he has drawn defender's attention, made enough assists, and win. Example include assisting Robinho (against Arsenal; also scored a goal from the PK that he earned) and Nocerino (against Barca).

So I'm not too entirely sure if 'selling Ibra' will be it. I actually think we need to figure out what's going on with injury. I thought that should be our highest priority.

p.s.: I'm more surprised that you weren't able to hold an unbiased view about Barca's second penalty, given that you have followed both Milan and Barca for 20 years (assuming that means you are a fan for both teams). Clearly, you love one team more so than the other (which is OK because we all do).
(04-04-2012, 02:34 PM)JuanShoe Wrote:
(04-01-2012, 07:39 PM)WCmilan Wrote: Were heavily linked with Jordi Alba of valencia, left back 23 years old really fast

(04-04-2012, 02:09 PM)will4li Wrote: We need armero,antonini was awful anotnini last night.

We are lot inferior to barca game-conception-wise,there is no cure for our midfield unless we can duplicate la macia success.so I can live with our current midfield with addtions like free monty and ederson.

Pato is ruined obviouly,we desperately need pace at frontline,ibra and robinho are not the type, lone rangers like robben or kaka are needed.

You're right about la masia but you can still compete if you buy well. Madrid don't have a good youth set-up but they can compete due to good, albeit expensive, buys. Milan's problem is they have spent nothing on midfield for years and to get it to a competitive level will cost an awful lot. Assuming Ibra is kept, I personally think he is part of the issue, then I stated else where you're looking at brining in Monty, Nigel de Jong or Sandro and Assamoah. Plus looking for a good left back like Alaba or Alba. All in that's going to be around £40-50mil before wages.

Alba, no doubt will probably be quite expensive.. i dont like any o fthose midfielders you mentioned though, asamoah is okay.. montolivo is good for a free signing but other then that ...
(04-04-2012, 07:08 PM)Jeff Wrote:
(04-04-2012, 06:01 PM)JuanShoe Wrote: Ibra has indeed been one of the best players in the squad this season. However if you are looking at the progress of the team as a whole to get to again be the best side in the world, it would make perfect sense. Currently Milan are entirely too reliant on him. This is a huge problem as throughout his entire career and at every club he has played for, he has failed to deliver in the big games and in Europe. He simply lacks the movement and dynamism to cause good defenders problems. If Milan want to get to the top level they have to take a more holistic and team approach and I personally don't believe that this can be achieved with Ibra.

I don't have the stats with me, but Milan played just as well with or without IBra. The style of play is different though.

I'm against selling Ibra. Buying him (will) bring us two Scudetto - with the absence of Cassano till this weekend (which everybody seems to have forgotten how important Cassano is to us). "he has failed to deliver in the big games and in Europe. He simply lacks the movement and dynamism to cause good defenders problems. If Milan want to get to the top level they have to take a more holistic and team approach and I personally don't believe that this can be achieved with Ibra." I might have agreed with you two years ago before Ibra joined, but when you look at IBra this season at Champion League, this point is totally not valid. He might not have scored enough goals against the bigger team, but he has drawn defender's attention, made enough assists, and win. Example include assisting Robinho (against Arsenal; also scored a goal from the PK that he earned) and Nocerino (against Barca).

So I'm not too entirely sure if 'selling Ibra' will be it. I actually think we need to figure out what's going on with injury. I thought that should be our highest priority.

p.s.: I'm more surprised that you weren't able to hold an unbiased view about Barca's second penalty, given that you have followed both Milan and Barca for 20 years (assuming that means you are a fan for both teams). Clearly, you love one team more so than the other (which is OK because we all do).

There's only one team i Follow, and it's name is AC Milan.

If his name is JUAN, then you could guess who he likes more....
I try not to be judgemental, but supporting multiple teams, especially two hugely successful ones is bizarre, annoying, and fake.

It sucks because I have supported my Milan since I was 11, and I live and die with this team. Other 'fans' come and go, support multiple teams...I don't know how that is even possible.

Unless, of course, Juan means follow as in a casual interest.