Summer mercato 2012
Redondo, Gattuso and Onyewu are different case, just because they were injured for long term and Milan paid their wages during injury times. However, they wanted to play for free. For instance, Redondo was always injured, he should have played for free for all season at Milan. You are mixing them with others. These players wanted to play for free just because, they already got that wages when they were injured, in return, they gave nothing.

(05-01-2012, 12:30 AM)abbeyleemania Wrote: Redondo, Gattuso and Onyewu are different case, just because they were injured for long term and Milan paid their wages during injury times. However, they wanted to play for free. For instance, Redondo was always injured, he should have played for free for all season at Milan. You are mixing them with others. These players wanted to play for free just because, they already got that wages when they were injured, in return, they gave nothing.

Same case with Flamini then?
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
i dont want flamini to stay period, he needs to leave i dont like him.. ibra for higuain and kaka is a good deal id do it.
Say You are Gallaini, how much would u offer Flamini? 3 mil a yr? Or 2.5mil a yr? Then if u r Flamini, would u accept it, or try looking to see if u can get a better deal. To Milan, having a 3mil Flamini might be the max they can offer but same cannot be said about other teams.
Ibra will stay ...Silva on the other hand is likely to leave if Milan receive a huge offer , but I think this is up to him and of he see's no real investment in areas like LB DM CAM then he'll likely think whoa , not getting younger not going to win here.
He'll toe the club line of I want to captain milsn and win , but he wasn't a Milan supporter and that makes it easier to leave .

Ibra is Milan practically anyway ATM and at Madrid City Whoever he would not be the only focal point so I think he'll stick around .As soon as June comes around we will be full of hope for quality , but it does look again like quantity over quality .
It seems that we unfortunately lost the Scudetto to Juventus...Sad

Reasons: injuries, more games played, burn out against Barca, bad referee decisions, Juve's more hunger, Conte's abilities, Pirlo's presence etc.

What worries me the most, that we let this Juve team to grow, and if they will win the Scudetto with this squad what will happen the next few years, because their squad is full of youth talents!!!

Of course they will play in the CL next year, which means they will get tired too, but I see Juventus to dominate again in Italy and in Europe in the next few years!

Main reasons: New, privately owned stadium will bring them more money, CL will bring them more money, Conte is a very good coach, and they are investing in youth and will start to buy star players soon!

It's scary to see these players to become stars: Vidal, Marchisio, Verrati, Pogba, Bouy, Giovinco...
(04-30-2012, 07:12 PM)abbeyleemania Wrote: You can say the same thing for many players. in this world, Everyone plays for money. if you know a player who doesnt play for money, just tell me.

Sheva left Dinamo Kiev, he got better contract with Milan.
Sheva left Milan, he got better contract with Chealse.

Do you think that a big English side will pay 5+ m euros a year to him? Everyone is not Galliani. if you think, you shouldnt watch football again.

Flamini was awesome at Arsenal, there was Milan and Juve who were after him and offered him great salary. However he went to us. Honestly, now a player who was out with this injury full season, Nobody gonna pay him that kind of salary. in this case, we can renew him at lower wages. 5 m euros was too high for a player like him.

Mate, all players play for money, of course, everyone in this world works for money (or almost). Period.

Like some replied you, Flamini won't get a new 5M contract, nor a new 4M contract, our management will probably offer him a 2-3M contract. He will surely refuse, unless he changed his mind during the last few years ...

This guy was revealed thanks to Marseille, he decided to leave them in a weird way and refused any new contract to be free to sign anywhere ... Marseille could have offered him a new contract and sell him then to get some money from him, he refused.

In Arsenal, the exact same thing happened ... He refused a renewal (the contract Arsenal offered him was lower than the one we gave him) and left the club who allowed him to play at a higher level for free. He left a club where he was guarenteed to be an important player, he also had guarantees that a guy like Fabregas (their duo worked well) would stay, but he chose to join us for a better contract but no guarantee to be in the first XI (and he never managed to be a regular first XI player).

Each time, Flamini never hide the fact that what he wanted was a new challenge, but more importantly, more money.

If we offer him a 2.5M contract, don't you really think that a French side (Lyon, Marseille, Paris), a Spanish side (Malaga for example ?) or an English side (most of them) couldn't offer him a 3-3.5M contract or even better ?

If that happens, and if you think Flamini will accept our offer, then I think you don't know well the history of Flamini ...

So if he stays, well, at least, we will have a new player with Flamini (he hasn't played one single minute in 2011/2012, so we could count him as a new player, but he is quite injury prone), but there are 99% chances that he will leave us, and for free, like he did in all his clubs ... and if that happens, I won't be unhappy because, unfortunately (I had some hopes for him), he hasn't been an important player for us since he's been a Milan player and never stepped up (except in some friendly games, he impressed me in the first games of Allegri, but he disappeared then).
(04-30-2012, 10:31 PM)xudong Wrote: Interesting that both are French players; and Geo doesn't seem to like either. Big Grin

Ahah ...
Actually, if Mexes had the level of Nesta and Flamini was the new Gattuso, I would be a fan of them and would wonder why we don't offer a new contract to Flamini right now !!

But the fact is that they are two average players, French or not (the fact that they are French maybe makes me be more criticizing, I admit it Sagrin) ...

I never thought Mexes could be one of our next starting CB, and I will never think and want that, I think he has showed so far that I was right each time I said this guy was overrated ... He's a good-average (or even bad sometimes, depending on his confidence) player, nothing more.

Flamini is just a guy who runs a lot, makes a lot of fouls, but he is often injured and gets too many cards ... Nothing amazing.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Why do u guys fear Juve? The only reason why they are playing well is bc of Pirlo's form this year. Let's see how he coupe with Euro in summer, playing in CL and a year older next season.

I been saying that Vidal was e one signing where Milan should he signed. All Milan needed to do was offer 3 mil more than Aqua and Vidal would have been our LCM. But instead, Milan went for Aqua.
As for the rest of so call Juve youth, they re nothing special, I would take Merkel, Nocerino, Strasser, Abate, Polaschi, and SES over them any day.
(04-30-2012, 04:55 PM)GeoTav Wrote: Guys, about Higuain, I have mixed feelings ...
He scores a lot of goals in Real Madrid, even by being injured half the season, but I don't know, I don't see that player as a solution even if he is a different kind of striker compared to the ones we have and he could add something to our team ...
But there's something I don't like : even if on one hand, getting Kaka' and Higuain could be good for our team, on another hand, we would swap an injury free player (the only one with Nocerino) with two injury prone players ... Given our situation, it's maybe a bad choice !!

Agree about Higuain, I think he's a good player, but I must admit to having doubt about him in our system, it's hard to see how he would fit in.

(05-01-2012, 12:30 AM)abbeyleemania Wrote: Redondo, Gattuso and Onyewu are different case, just because they were injured for long term and Milan paid their wages during injury times. However, they wanted to play for free. For instance, Redondo was always injured, he should have played for free for all season at Milan. You are mixing them with others. These players wanted to play for free just because, they already got that wages when they were injured, in return, they gave nothing.

It's very difficult to judge players. Bear in mind a year's salary is a huge amount (even for low earners in Milan), and it's rare to find footballers who are prepared to give it up for injury, which in most cases isn't their fault.

Redondo, I believe, gave back his earnings for the period he didn't play, rather than play for free. Onyewu extended his contract by a year to play for free, but tbh we gained nothing from it as he left during his second year. Meanwhile, I believe Rino has said he's prepared to play for free for his enthusiasm for the sport. That doesn't mean there's an agreement that he will play for free, just that he said he would do it.
Lots of news: MvB to PSV looks to be a done deal. Plenty of reports saying that Milan will part way with Mexes, I'm honestly surprised. He is NO Nesta but I rate him above Bonera. Ibra said no to Real Madrid, he's happy at Milan. Zambrotta, Seedorf, Pippo, Nesta and MvB seem set on leaving Milan. Flamini and Yepes are 50-50. Ambro and Gatusso staying.