Summer mercato 2012
If it's to believe to the latest rumors, Galliani will hand a captain armband to Ibrahimovic to persuade him to stay.

Here's my opinion on Ibra: Ibra is fed up with this Milan. He's the guy who wants to win something every year. He wants individual prize, but also a club prize. After 5 Scudetti's with 3 different clubs in Serie A, he wants to win CL at least once. As he is not young anymore, and realistically he can play at top level for another 2-3 seasons, that CL must come in next two seasons. With this Milan, it will be impossible.
The best that this Milan can do is Serie A next year. To be able to compete with the best clubs in Europe, Milan needs two world-class players, a midfielder and a striker, and two at least good and reliable defenders.
So, either we buy two classy players, and we keep Thiago and Boateng, or Ibra is leaving. That's my opinion.
I agree with Ibra. If u actually read Riola between the lines, it just re confirmed that Ibra is only staying if he sees improvement to the squad.
C'mon Clarence..it's time to go back to Ajax and be our Dutch scout. Do what's good for the team Big Grin.

Meanwhile I'm praying for a good attacking mid..and that we don't let Ibra hold us ransom.
Siamo a posto cosi.
Before last week the obvious needs were FB and mid, most agree? But now I would be scared if we don't fill the CB spot well.
To be honest, after watching De Scigilo, I am really not too worry about FB. Abate is good at RB while Urby, De Scigilo and Dilac shows that they are all better than any LB Milan had this season. While Antonini is a solid backup. BTW, Mesbah must be sold.
The thing is, there just ain't too many great FBs at the moment and most teams really just have solid FBs and leave it as that.

I think if Spurs really offered 12 mil for Mexes, that's a great deal and could be another deal of the century.
Then just throw Bonera plus cash to Torino for Ogbonna. Then use some cash to sign Dede from Brazil.
rumours say Seedorf has accepted Botafogo offer, and Aquilani will most probably stay.
There is also a meeting with Catania for Maxi Lopez this week!
Slowdorf gone, great. Aqua staying, a huge step backward. Lopez staying means Ibra leaving and Milan fighting for a CL spot next season.
(05-16-2012, 12:22 PM)GeoTav Wrote: DOesn't it look like a poor version of the Galliani strategy (yep, this strategy, asking for expensive players while you admit you have no money has a name, and it is called the Galliani strategy !!) ? Sagrin

I would be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind Big Grin

(05-16-2012, 02:55 PM)Revolver Wrote: If it's to believe to the latest rumors, Galliani will hand a captain armband to Ibrahimovic to persuade him to stay.

Here's my opinion on Ibra: Ibra is fed up with this Milan. He's the guy who wants to win something every year. He wants individual prize, but also a club prize. After 5 Scudetti's with 3 different clubs in Serie A, he wants to win CL at least once. As he is not young anymore, and realistically he can play at top level for another 2-3 seasons, that CL must come in next two seasons. With this Milan, it will be impossible.
The best that this Milan can do is Serie A next year. To be able to compete with the best clubs in Europe, Milan needs two world-class players, a midfielder and a striker, and two at least good and reliable defenders.
So, either we buy two classy players, and we keep Thiago and Boateng, or Ibra is leaving. That's my opinion.

I try not to read too much into rumours, though we do need to pick new captains (vice Ambro I guess). Thiago seems the obvious choice to me though, I don't see why Ibra would care that much about the armband.

btw, someone said Yaya Toure's available, would be a huge signing if possible.
(05-16-2012, 04:00 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Lopez staying means Ibra leaving.

If management think this they are even worse than we all think.

(05-16-2012, 03:32 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: To be honest, after watching De Scigilo, I am really not too worry about FB. Abate is good at RB

I think if Spurs really offered 12 mil for Mexes, that's a great deal and could be another deal of the century.

You want to keep Abate because you think he's "good" but you have a problem with Mexes?? Mexes is a solid CB next to Silva and won't be going anywhere. Acerbi or Ogbonna (AND CERTAINLY Bonera & Yepes) are not ready to play Starting CB.

Abate, on the other hand, is not a football player. He's a sprinter who happens to play FB. Van der Weil is available. I'd sell Abate immediately and replace him with Gregory Van der Weil, who apparently is available for between 5-7M Euros.