Summer mercato 2012
Lucas is a good player, but for that price no thank you. that price can get us someone like VP, and if i were to really go for an amd id go for mario gotze of borussia, or a cheaper option like christian eriksen from ajax.. i just think theres no need to go for a young raw AMD when we need these players for next year, CL especially.. we have young players that could probably play AMD in the future like els and merkel, no need for another. with the money these clubs are offering for lucas id rather buy tevez or RVP
(05-17-2012, 04:21 PM)Gio-mania Wrote: Owen is a free agent now. Also he is over 30 and very injury prone, so it is a match made in heaven.

Ibra swap for Owen and Ferdinand.

I am sure between now and August 31st we will hear too much and most of it will be depressing. Like I posted earlier we might (barely) get away with cheap signings for other positions but without a proper CB even top 3 Serie A will be difficult.

you'd rather have tevez or rvp over lucas??

man, are you on drugs or something? Big Grin
wow no respect for abate i guess being called up to the italian national team means nothing now, wow can't believe i'm hearing abate's trash
(05-17-2012, 08:17 PM)Stitch Wrote: you'd rather have tevez or rvp over lucas??

man, are you on drugs or something? Big Grin

no, did you take into account that a 30mln bid for him got rejected? do we have 30mln to spend no.. Has lucas prooved anything in europe, once again no, at his young age its too risky to spend with these ridiculous prices. 10-20mln for a player his age with his potential is more reasonable..

tevez has prooven himself at two big clubs, + he's in his prime.

And remember, Kaka wasn't as much as a gamble because we didnt pay much for him, and players like him don't turn out like that very often..

Keep into consideration my friend, Robinho at Lucas' age was supposed to be the next big thing, is he? No, in addition both RVP and Tevez are better then him(in all respects, they play different positions but overall is what im getting at)..

Im not saying he won't be great, maybe he'll replace messi as the worlds best in the future, he has the potential but potential is always potential, prooving it in big competition is something completely different and for 30, most likely 40-50 since that 30mln bid got rejected, I think thats too high riskSmile

Rather: RVP 20mln, Strootman 15mln, Kolarov 10mln.

If we can be 2x stronger in every department, why would we ever think of spending this stupid money on a player with immense potential but still young as ever..

That's why i said id choose tevez and RVP over him, and present day, not in the future but right now TEVEZ and RVP are better then him yes.
Do you want CL next year? or 3-4 years from now, when we already have ELS who maybe won't be as good as lucas but will get the job done.

Just for the record anyways.. if i had to buy a talent in brazil right now and we had the money to begin with, it'd be neymar..

if our management had a brain, new brazilian talents come out almost every couple of seasons, and i mean talents with World class or if not worlds best potential, we should have some scouts hiding out in brazil for a few years to find some brazilians before their prices sky rocketBig GrinTongue
Santos vs Velez is on now..and Arouca is getting very involved from what I've seen. What's his situation now?
Siamo a posto cosi.
(05-18-2012, 02:50 AM)Mystik Wrote: Santos vs Velez is on now..and Arouca is getting very involved from what I've seen. What's his situation now?

saw that game too, was Ganso even playing Confused? hehe, he drifts on and off, Ganso. The commentators were saying that there were rumors of Ganso being jealous of the amount of attention Neymar was getting instead of him, but seriously, Ganso was non-existent, very lazy, static and slow.
Just when I thought that Ganso was gaining his form back with all the fantastic goals and assists.. Sad

Brasileiro also mentioned that he was not particularly impressed with Ganso recently. I guess I am going to cross his name off my wish list then.
aka xudong
tbh i did not consider the money, i just thought if i could pick one for milan, it'd definetly be lucas Smile i'd prefer a package of rvp, kolarov and strootman over lucas too. and i'd take lucas over neymar too...neymar is overrated and overhyped imho. not that he is bad player, but he is not THAT good. Something like Robinho, back in the days he signed for Real.

(05-18-2012, 04:36 AM)tom-tom Wrote:
(05-18-2012, 02:50 AM)Mystik Wrote: Santos vs Velez is on now..and Arouca is getting very involved from what I've seen. What's his situation now?

saw that game too, was Ganso even playing Confused? hehe, he drifts on and off, Ganso. The commentators were saying that there were rumors of Ganso being jealous of the amount of attention Neymar was getting instead of him, but seriously, Ganso was non-existent, very lazy, static and slow.

That's what I'm hearing about Ganso any time I'm asking. Slow, static, lazy, very often disappears from games... And on top of that, very injury prone, after every injury he came back lazier and slower.

I would count on Brazilian market that much now when we don't have Leonardo anymore. Leonardo was a brilliant scout, he knew exactly which player to pick out of bunch of them.

As for Ganso, it's not like exactly he just emerged, Ganso is playing senior football at Santos for 4 years, and I think some of the big clubs would snap him if he's THAT good.