Summer mercato 2012
I think I'm just a blight when it comes to watching players. Whenever I make a point to watch a player to find out what the hype is about..he sucks. Both Ganso and Neymar had absolute shockers last night. That being said, I'm more than certain they'll turn it around in the home leg. They won their last CL home game 8-0 Facepalm
Siamo a posto cosi.
Are we really chasing Strootman? Is he ready for Milan first team player?
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(05-18-2012, 06:05 PM)Siregar Wrote: Are we really chasing Strootman? Is he ready for Milan first team player?

My answer for both of your questions is: dunno, but I hope so. SagrinSagrinSagrin
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
(05-18-2012, 04:36 AM)tom-tom Wrote:
(05-18-2012, 02:50 AM)Mystik Wrote: Santos vs Velez is on now..and Arouca is getting very involved from what I've seen. What's his situation now?

saw that game too, was Ganso even playing Confused? hehe, he drifts on and off, Ganso. The commentators were saying that there were rumors of Ganso being jealous of the amount of attention Neymar was getting instead of him, but seriously, Ganso was non-existent, very lazy, static and slow.
B.S. from the commentators, tom-tom, don ´t believe this crap... this is where rumors start. Ganso and Neymar are like brothers...

Ganso is playing bad because his effort is bad, period. He is once again that ultra talented player that appeared some time ago, but that did not t apply himself more on the field. There´s no excuse, Ganso is healthy, and it´s on his head his problem at the moment...

Btw, besides the keeper, all Santos players were bad yesterday...

(05-18-2012, 04:54 AM)xudong Wrote: Just when I thought that Ganso was gaining his form back with all the fantastic goals and assists.. Sad

Brasileiro also mentioned that he was not particularly impressed with Ganso recently. I guess I am going to cross his name off my wish list then.
Yep, I wrote about his commitment in another thread. Frustrating and I would not touch him at the moment. But to be fair, some time a change of air, and another environment can bring the best from a player... who know?!?

Truth is, unlike WCmilan, I would pay every penny for Lucas for the reasons he brought to debate. This proven in Europe is so boring... just eurocentrism.

Only Tevez of that ones you wrote has prove anything real in Europe.

Goetz I´m a fan, but if you watch Bundesleague, they are like South American football nowadays, very offensive. Where Dortmund goes last Champions with his talent? So, nothing is a guarantee... Goetz is a gamble like Lucas. Heriksen? A gamble even bigger...

Even Ibra that is proven in Europe failed at Barça, Canavarro failed at Madrid and Inter. Fabregas disappointed at Barça. And this guys can be labeled proven in Europe, not the ones you wrote here. Want to buy a sure thing, go for Messi and CR7...

Now, personal preference is another thing, and I can respect if you chose to buy Heriksen or Goetza over Lucas for this reason, fair enough. But this eurocentrism crap? Hummmm...

Are these rumours about Marco Riggoni anywhere close to being true?? I am not aware of his abilities but his age is 31 something which is not very good especially if this season is something of a new cycle. What s up with our scouts?? If we do not have the finances, why cant we scout young talent and nurture them in Milan. Its pathetic to see Milan chasing out of contract players and old age players who may come cheap and even free maybe. Thats how we landed the great Messbah. G was hoping he would be something of a Nocerino deal but did not happen that way.
With Real Madrid and Inter allegedly both in the chase for Lucas, I honestly don't think we stand any chance of getting his service. Now brasileiro praising him only makes me sad. Sad
(05-18-2012, 07:32 PM)tim_milan Wrote: Are these rumours about Marco Riggoni anywhere close to being true?? I am not aware of his abilities but his age is 31 something which is not very good especially if this season is something of a new cycle. What s up with our scouts?? If we do not have the finances, why cant we scout young talent and nurture them in Milan. Its pathetic to see Milan chasing out of contract players and old age players who may come cheap and even free maybe. Thats how we landed the great Messbah. G was hoping he would be something of a Nocerino deal but did not happen that way.

What is particularly baffling is that Mesbah signed a long contract (4.5 years, longest possible under that circumstance) with Milan. Three years would have sufficed.
aka xudong
That Mesbah deal was such a joke, I hope they can sell him this summer bc he will be Kala 2.0 if Dilac comes back and Urby moves to LB.

Is Milan really that poor? As one of the top 10 clubs in the world, how can Mlan be so poor. It is not even funny how a mid table EPL club can out spend Milan in the transfer market.
(05-18-2012, 09:38 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Is Milan really that poor? As one of the top 10 clubs in the world, how can Mlan be so poor. It is not even funny how a mid table EPL club can out spend Milan in the transfer market.

The answer is no, not even if you include the fine. I refuse to believe that.

Brasileiro, gotze is just a player i personally prefer.. it's not eurocentrism, the point i was getting at is that he's too young for the pricetag. apart from that, CL is club footballs biggest competition, and biggest clubs. I understand since your brazilian your offended that you thought i was implying that but, CL glory is the biggest cup a team can win in terms of club level. Brazilian footballers are very talented, the teams as well are quality teams but when you look at teams like barca,bayern,milan,manu,real madrid.. I won't say a players proven himself worth 40mln euros+ until hes showed himself against clubs like that and is consistent no matter where hes playing, including world cup.

You can buy almost any player in this world with 40-50mln euros, other then messi nd cr7 sounds pretty crazy to go spend it on a 19 year old.

A world class player in my opinion is a player whos amazing anytime he's on the pitch apart from an excusable few bad games.. lucas has immense potential but thats about it as of right now.

With our budget current budget, had you been in charge and spent every penny on lucas would mean no midfielders, no defenders unless there free or old.. What will we win next year if we do that? Nothing.. Seriously we know way to little about lucas to go spending that money on him, we don't know if he'll be like pato and end up injury prone at 20 years old for 2-3 seasons in a row, or if he'll be a player like robinho who does so well then just drops to still a good player, but nothing as to what he was expected to be.. or maybe he'll end up like adriano?

Players like Kaka,r9,messi,zidane don't come around often, many players have potential but won't reach it for a variety of reasons..

Anyways, point of my post is not that i wouldn't like lucas, id LOVE lucas on milan, but im speaking in terms of our mercato as a whole hell no. not worth it in that matter, because as i said a strootman,kolarov,RVP or tevez package is a lot better then one player.

And I'm not saying gotze and eriksen aren't a gamble, Gotze, who could probably arrive cheaper still then lucas (25-30mln) even if not i just mentioned him because he's a personal favourite, and eriksens price tag is that of 15-20mln .. not 40-50mln.

anyways, apart from the disagreement(sorryBig Grin) what do you think of Welliton? He plays for moscow
(05-18-2012, 10:33 PM)WCmilan Wrote: Brasileiro, gotze is just a player i personally prefer.. it's not eurocentrism, the point i was getting at is that he's too young for the pricetag. apart from that, CL is club footballs biggest competition, and biggest clubs. I understand since your brazilian your offended that you thought i was implying that but, CL glory is the biggest cup a team can win in terms of club level. Brazilian footballers are very talented, the teams as well are quality teams but when you look at teams like barca,bayern,milan,manu,real madrid.. I won't say a players proven himself worth 40mln euros+ until hes showed himself against clubs like that and is consistent no matter where hes playing, including world cup.

You can buy almost any player in this world with 40-50mln euros, other then messi nd cr7 sounds pretty crazy to go spend it on a 19 year old.

A world class player in my opinion is a player whos amazing anytime he's on the pitch apart from an excusable few bad games.. lucas has immense potential but thats about it as of right now.

With our budget current budget, had you been in charge and spent every penny on lucas would mean no midfielders, no defenders unless there free or old.. What will we win next year if we do that? Nothing.. Seriously we know way to little about lucas to go spending that money on him, we don't know if he'll be like pato and end up injury prone at 20 years old for 2-3 seasons in a row, or if he'll be a player like robinho who does so well then just drops to still a good player, but nothing as to what he was expected to be.. or maybe he'll end up like adriano?

Players like Kaka,r9,messi,zidane don't come around often, many players have potential but won't reach it for a variety of reasons..

Anyways, point of my post is not that i wouldn't like lucas, id LOVE lucas on milan, but im speaking in terms of our mercato as a whole hell no. not worth it in that matter, because as i said a strootman,kolarov,RVP or tevez package is a lot better then one player.

And I'm not saying gotze and eriksen aren't a gamble, Gotze, who could probably arrive cheaper still then lucas (25-30mln) even if not i just mentioned him because he's a personal favourite, and eriksens price tag is that of 15-20mln .. not 40-50mln.

anyways, apart from the disagreement(sorryBig Grin) what do you think of Welliton? He plays for moscow
WCmilan, just to clarify one more time, like I said before in the final of my post, I have no problem with you or anyone wanting Gotze or any other talent over Lucas. Everyone can have a different opinion and I respect it, no problem here and no need for apologize...it´s all good.

The only thing that I was fighting was the idea of the "proven in Europe". For every flop from South America you bring here, I will bring a "proven in Europe" bust, too... and we will be in this forever.

I really could careless if a player is Brazilian or not, but the thing is that I´m really tired of to be a mid tier team in Europe. I want Milan to make a BOLD move in the market, bring a game changer and imo Lucas is one...just this.

Btw, thanks for understand that I was attacking the idea of the post and not you. A rare thing nowadays...
-------------------------------
EDIT: What Moscow? Dinamo? CSKA? What position this Wellinton play?