Summer mercato 2012
(06-15-2012, 06:40 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote:
(06-15-2012, 06:39 PM)reza Wrote: But why? what about lower or no transfer means more salary?

Because their agents know that by bringing their players for free, the buying clubs have extra money to spend?

So we pay lots to players like Flamini and Mexes because agents play games with team management (not just us but in general). I was hoping for a logical reason, I guess my feelings that it doesn't exist were right Blank
oops. Looks like I posted in the wrong thread.
aka xudong
(06-15-2012, 07:08 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I don't think Mexes is having a particularly special game. He's ok, but the game in general hasn't been particularly brilliant.

As to why Mexes isn't particularly popular amongst fans, it makes a lot of sense actually. Firstly, he's not starter material for CB, he has a strong personality but is actually technically quite weak. His positioning is also quite weak, as he pushes too high and struggles to recover, or he simply goes missing altogether as he did vs Fiorentina this year. This often also means that when faced against pace, he can often struggle as he doesn't have the pace nor agility to recover. His anticipation of the ball can be weak, evident on the fact that on a number of occasions this season he missed headers by misjudging the flight of the ball. His temperament is a problem and always has been, as he can be card prone or do stupid things like punching Borriello. My points are generally backed by statistics, as statistically he's pretty much on par or just been a little better than Bonera this past year.

That means he's a bench player. He might have come for free, but still earns 4m per year, which to put into perspective is currently on par with guys like Thiago Silva. This over the period of his contract costs us quite a bit.

wow..so, aside from Silva and Chiellini, does Serie A have any starting caliber CB's ?
I would have to say Nesta.

Mexes is an okay CB, he is lucky he is French or else he would probably play on a mid table team at most.
Nesta could still walk into any NT in Euro. Any news on him changing his mind and staying for one more season?
aka xudong
Nesta isn't in Serie A any more Smile

I am not saying he is world class, but he is one of the best cb's in Serie A.
(06-15-2012, 07:23 PM)reza Wrote:
(06-15-2012, 06:40 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: Because their agents know that by bringing their players for free, the buying clubs have extra money to spend?

So we pay lots to players like Flamini and Mexes because agents play games with team management (not just us but in general). I was hoping for a logical reason, I guess my feelings that it doesn't exist were right Blank

The transfer fee is usually much bigger than salary. And when you save the biggest chunk of money when buying a free agent, usually you're more willing to pay a realtively bigger salary for that player. Mexes is already an established player in serie A, a starter in Roma for years, while Flamini was impressive in his final year in Arsenal. Normally we must pay more than 10M for a player like this.

And neither of them is old. In fact, Mexes is around the age when a player can command his most, if not final, lucrative contract. Of course there are other factors too like are there other clubs after the free agent, how bad does the club need the player, how old/good is the player, how good are both parties at negotiation, et cetera et cetera; but I think, generally spaeaking, it's quite normal that a free agent receives a relatively higher salary.
per l'amaro e il dolce
From another Milan forum, Malaga sent in a serious offer for Robinho. Transfer fee: 15M + bonus.
aka xudong
(06-15-2012, 10:39 PM)xudong Wrote: From another Milan forum, Malaga sent in a serious offer for Robinho. Transfer fee: 15M + bonus.

Worth every penny. Ill miss you my little buddy.

And how we'll get a 15M player to replace Robinho? *if we use those 15M to replace him, of course...*
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!