Summer mercato 2012
Kuyt type of player? then it would be a BIG NO for me. I thought Yarmolenko was a player with great technique, fast and a good dribbler. Kuyt only works hard, and looks like a horse.
(06-16-2012, 11:08 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote:
(06-15-2012, 07:38 PM)Stitch Wrote: wow..so, aside from Silva and Chiellini, does Serie A have any starting caliber CB's ?

Actually, the guy we're proposing to buy, Francesco Acerbi has been far better in Serie A this season than Mexes and was playing on par in the second part with guys like Thiago Silva and Chiellini. Also, the guy was voted best defender in Serie B the season before this, ahead of another very promising prospect, Angelo Ogbonna.

As Gabriel said, Nesta was better than Mexes last season, although he's left now. Other players that are better than Mexes in Serie A right now include Paolo Cannavaro, Juan, Davide Astori, Leonardo Bonucci, Andrea Barzagli, Mehdi Benatia and Andreas Granqvist.

Even the Inter duo of Lucio and Walter Samuel are better if I'm honest. Oh and obviously there's no need to mention Thiago Silva and Chiellini.

let's say you are right. I do not agree at all, but for the sake of argument, lets say all those 11 players are better than Mexes. That's 11...Serie A has 20 teams, so there has to be AT LEAST 40 "starting caliber CB's". Mexes is, according to your list, 12th best. Shouldn't that be enough, that we have 1st and 12th?
No that's not enough. We should be aiming for the top 2 CBs if we're aiming to be the best. If that's not possible, in the current climate we should be aiming for at least one of the top 3-4 CBs given the lack of quality CBs actually around and the weaknesses of the league.

Whether you agree or not is your opinion and I respect that. However, I will say that I do think you rate higher than he is. As I said before, the stats put him roughly on par with Bonera and he has made costly mistakes this season that no CB at a club with Milan's expectations should be making.

Anyone interested in seeing how FFP affects Milan and some other clubs like PSG and Man City might find this article interesting.

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=83176
"Milan to bring back Nesta?"

http://www.football-italia.net/20034/mil...back-nesta

Although Nesta was a fantastic player for us and probably could still do ok in Serie A, I feel this would be a step in the wrong direction...
A younger version of Kyut is Bascially a younger version of Robinho. Both of me can't score. If ere is really a wishful striker Milan needs to replace Robinho, I hope for a new JDT. Someone who can get the job done while does not mind coming off the bench.

As for this Mexes thing, Milan is paying huge money for him, if I am not wrong, he is either tie for the highest paid CB in Serie A or the second highest. On top of that, if he is the 12 th best in Serie A, but does that mean anything if he is only a fraction 1/35 better than the 37th defender? When you rate CB, say Silva is 100, while Chellini is at 90.....I am sure Mexes, despite being at #12 is probably around 72, while Bonera could be at 68.

Dev, what is your take on FFP, bc to me, as I mentioned many time, it is a Mickey Mouse rule and at the end, it will hurt those mid table clubs wanting to challenge top clubs.
(06-16-2012, 01:55 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: "Milan to bring back Nesta?"

http://www.football-italia.net/20034/mil...back-nesta

Although Nesta was a fantastic player for us and probably could still do ok in Serie A, I feel this would be a step in the wrong direction...

If it means selling Mexes and getting Dede in Jan, then do it.
(06-16-2012, 02:02 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: If it means selling Mexes and getting Dede in Jan, then do it.

Enough with the Mexes BS. He's staying.. He's a good CB to pair with Silva. He's not Nesta, but that's because Nesta is TOP 3 CB of ALL TIME.

Sell Robinho or Pato, buy Hernanes and sign him for less than Robinho/Pato wage.

Close Mercato

-Cassano-Ibra-
----Hernanes--
Muntari----Boateng
-------Montolivo
Urby---------DeSciglio
----Silva--MexSex----
---------Abbs
You've got to be kidding me...Bonera is like the worst CB in the history of Milan. Whenever he is in the game I have the feeling we will concede on every attack.

We can aim for best CD's, we can also aim for Messi & Ronaldo in attack, but we both know it is not going to happen Wink If that's not possible, in the current climate we should be aiming for at least Rooney & Aguero Wink
To defend Bonera, I thought Kaladaze is the worst CH in Milan History follow by Roque Jr.
Kaladze had a few good years at CB/LB before his form went downhill. Roque is on par with Bonera, tbh I forgot about him Big Grin
Kala never did well as CB, the only yr he seems to be okay was mainly bc RJ was the alternative. While at LB, he was good in attack but crap at defending, if he was any good, Pancaro would not have taken his starting spot the moment he trained in Milan.