Brasileiro: our Brazilian scout
Giuliano was really impressive today I agree, Neymar impressed me as well. It's good to see Pato getting minutes with out injuries, I hate seeing that 19 on his shirt. He really needs to earn that 9 back ASAP. Lucas didn't do much from the few minutes I saw him..

BUT, Giuliano is really impressive, I think we should pounce on this opportunity. I don't understand where our mgmt comes in when opportunities like this come up .. Oscar and Giuliano should be taken advantage of ASAP, as I think they can still go for 20 and 15, thats 35. Two big talents for the price of one of neymar or lucas(which btw would come probably even more then 35.)

But to be honest, as much talented youngsters there are on Brazil; lucas,neymar,giuliano,oscar,pato.. none of them will be of messis caliber it's amazing that people say he doesn't perform for argentina, they expect him to win the games on his own, whenever I see him play for argentina he still always provides an assist or a goal, if other argentinians are sleeping or not preforming on the field I don't see how it's a reason to say Messi is underperforming, as super incredibly talented he is he can't win games 1 on 11 (or can heBig Grin)

Anyways, knowing there wont be another messi in this world we should at least look into players who can play at extremely high levels like him, and I mean change games for their team. right now respectively our only player capable of that is Ibrahimovic, hes the only player i see coming up with something when were playing terrible. thats not how it should be, when we had a kaka-sheva-pippo trio I was confident one of all 3 of them in our attack could come up with something at any given moment .

Oscar and Giuliano, I'm telling you they could be those players and I like to keep our heritage of having mainly great italian,dutch or brazilian players in our team
Brazil are outside the top 10 in the FIFA world rankings for the FIRST TIME EVER.

interesting fact
It is probably because most European NTs partcipated in the Euro12 this summer and got their points up, and also it reflects the stupidity/uselessness of this ranking system. Big Grin
aka xudong
I think the ranking is fair.

If you don't play, your position will be lost.

If you lose, your position will be lost, too Big Grin

The only way to advance is to win.
How could Brazil play? They don't have the qualifiers to go through.

But the fact is still that Brazil is one of the strongest side in the world, so if the ranking is designed to reflect truthfully the "rank", that Brazil isn't even in the top 10 is silly. Big Grin Of course, no mechanism could perfectly do the job, I guess.

and of course, I didn't say that it is unfair. It is fair, just silly. Big Grin
aka xudong
Well, the fair rules are created by silly ones Big Grin
Since we are on rule/fairness/silliness, I heard that FIFA has just ok'ed the goalline technology. How I wish we had that this past season.
aka xudong
FIFA rankings are nothing short of nonsense. England being above Italy in 4th(!!) show this better than anything. It also factors things like friendlies, which are usually pointless matches often designed to either make money or simply try experiments.
(07-09-2012, 10:49 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: FIFA rankings are nothing short of nonsense. England being above Italy in 4th(!!) show this better than anything. It also factors things like friendlies, which are usually pointless matches often designed to either make money or simply try experiments.

The rank is not for showing which teams are better; it is to show which teams are performing or doing something big that period. It is the same as Ballon d'Or; at 2010 many people wanted Sneijder to win it instead of Messi, it is not because Sneijder was better than Messi as a player, but because Sneijder performed that year.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
But still it's not a proper representation of the teams performing better during a period and the England example is perfect to show that. Nor can Holland be considered 8th if the current run is anything to go by.

Ballon D'Or is another trophy which I hold with little esteem, often feeling like a popularity contest more than anything. Again, the fact that we've got shouts for Casillas to win it shows this and is nothing short of a joke as he's not even the best performing keeper around at the moment.