Poll: Will a majority of Milan be sold in summer of 2016?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
40.91%
9 40.91%
No
59.09%
13 59.09%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Venting, sell the club, etc. thread
(07-15-2012, 10:27 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: This whole scenario is irritating. Thiago Silva's comments are constantly conflicting and I wish him no success at PSG. As far as I'm concerned, he could break his legs in training and end up being forced to retire, but he'll get no sympathy from me.

As for management, I have no pride in them through this whole scenario. They deceived the fans in a despicable way. I mean, did Silvio publicly lie to his own daughter? How about Allegri too? He was under the impression that the club would keep these guys if his recent comments are anything to go by. I mean if I was managing the club, I'd sure as hell be questioning what the hell's going on and how I'm supposed to do my job when my most valuable players are being sold.

At this point I only hope this management, who I've trusted for so many years, will show signs that this money is to be reinvested wisely with signs of the club moving forward with a long term project. Right now that feels like an unrealistic dream.

That seems a bit harsh or am I missing some important information?

Also a thought: What if Allegri loses his patience and quits if we see no reinvestment?
Ranting won't change much guys. Stop buying the tickets. Stop buying merchandise. Hell, stop coming to San Siro while we're at it. Let the sponsors notice the kind of exposure (or lack of it) they get associating Milan brand. If this is more of a business for B&G than passion, then let us hurt where it hurts them the most: their wallet.
per l'amaro e il dolce
(07-15-2012, 11:11 AM)Gio-mania Wrote:
(07-15-2012, 10:27 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: This whole scenario is irritating. Thiago Silva's comments are constantly conflicting and I wish him no success at PSG. As far as I'm concerned, he could break his legs in training and end up being forced to retire, but he'll get no sympathy from me.

As for management, I have no pride in them through this whole scenario. They deceived the fans in a despicable way. I mean, did Silvio publicly lie to his own daughter? How about Allegri too? He was under the impression that the club would keep these guys if his recent comments are anything to go by. I mean if I was managing the club, I'd sure as hell be questioning what the hell's going on and how I'm supposed to do my job when my most valuable players are being sold.

At this point I only hope this management, who I've trusted for so many years, will show signs that this money is to be reinvested wisely with signs of the club moving forward with a long term project. Right now that feels like an unrealistic dream.

That seems a bit harsh or am I missing some important information?

Also a thought: What if Allegri loses his patience and quits if we see no reinvestment?

Wondering the same thing.Huh

but you know, we always have the backup in Guadiola. Grinundwech
aka xudong
(07-15-2012, 11:11 AM)Gio-mania Wrote: That seems a bit harsh or am I missing some important information?

Honestly, I don't see why he deserves sympathy. You know if he wanted he could have said no to a transfer or he could have at least made comments earlier about either why he was prepared to leave or that he was being sold rather than requesting to leave. Instead he stayed quiet the whole time. I said during the first set of negotiations that he'd stay quiet because it meant he could try and spin the whole story into his favour afterwards and unsurprisingly he did exactly that after he got his contract renewal.

You know what's even more irritating is he besmearches Baresi's and Maldini's names by constantly saying he wants to be like them and how he admired Maldini while they trained together and then turns his back as soon as he gets his paycheck. "Honour" is a forgotten word in football these days.

As for Allegri, I suggested earlier that he didn't know about this transfer, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he did.
As I said, no players are innocent (who doesn't like money? which agents weren't leeches?) but this time I will not direct my anger to Silva or even Ibrahimovic.

Having said that, I will not wish any ex-Milan player good luck with other teams. That's just not what I would do. He is now no different from any other player, such as C. Ronaldo. My love and support is exclusive, only for players at Milan.

If there is any consolation in this transfer, it would be that it takes place in a rather early time which should allow Allegri to react and adjust.
aka xudong
I might have misread/misinterpreted the the wording "get no sympathy" with with wishing he does get injured. Two completely different things, and now that I think of it I have to say I wouldn't feel any sympathy either. No more than any other player outside our team. Maybe Sheva's and Kakà's misfortunes evoked sympathy in me, as I was so tied to them emotionally after their many years and successes, but Thiago Silva doesn't get this treatment from me. He will be missed without a doubt, but more for his use for the team as a player than as a person like Sheva and Kakà.
Well, I have to confess too. I thought that I would hate Shevchenko and Kaka very much, but deeply down it is not really like that. Particularly Shevchenko, maybe it is because that he came back for that second spell with us. Despite the failure, it does seem to me that he wanted to redeem something, and he seemed quite sincere. I really don't want Kaka to come back (even if he is willing to reduce salary from 10M to 6M - yea right, how about 2M?), but I will have a fond memory of him. Maybe that also has to do with their failure in their respective new team, and the fact that they never publicly went into any quarrel/war against Milan (Pirlo, Facepalm).

I don't know about Silva. I agree with some of you here that I don't think that I will miss him that much. He has not really established his legendary status by winning something important with Milan in his three (and half) years. And at Milan, the only important thing is Champions League trophy. Proud Heck, we just barely passed the first knockout round finally after 5 years. Angry
aka xudong
(07-15-2012, 11:11 AM)Gio-mania Wrote: That seems a bit harsh or am I missing some important information?

No, that seems quite fair to me. I'm with Dev on this matter; he could retire tomorrow and I don't care. Silva is in same level as Pirlo, maybe a little bit higher for me now. Sheva and Kaka, actually I'm still their fan until now. I don't know why.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
(07-16-2012, 04:27 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote:

No, that seems quite fair to me. I'm with Dev on this matter; he could retire tomorrow and I don't care. Silva is in same level as Pirlo, maybe a little bit higher for me now. Sheva and Kaka, actually I'm still their fan until now. I don't know why.

Maybe because they actually won something with/for Milan?

[Image: shevchenko_6.jpg]
[Image: andriy-shevchenko-ballon-d-or-2004_diaporama.jpg]
[Image: 2122445389_721d75a49c.jpg]
[Image: all-about-ricardo-kaka.jpg]
[Image: 197262hp2.jpg]
aka xudong
Pirlo won 2 CLs and he's still a jerk, hahaha.

Maybe as been said before, it is because he dare to compare himself with Baresi and Maldini, trying to look good in the midst of this problem, and then left.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!