23 Settembre Udinese-Milan
Our first real test. Let's see if I bring luck yet again and we see Pazzo scoring another three.
If I were Allegri, I would take 1 midfielder from our Primavera (the best one, currently, I don't know who could be that midfielder) and would directly make him start in that game ...

In defence, I'd start to use De Sciglio as a starter (RB or LB, I don't care, and he doesn't care too as he said in an interview).

If this season has to be a bad one, at least, let's allow our young players to get experience and build our future around them by starting now !!
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
We should set the rule here at MM. Whoever wins us the game gets to keep doing it. If a loss, then banned for one or two rounds. If a draw, whatever.

How about that? I hope that we don't run out of members to start threads here. Grinundwech
aka xudong
(09-17-2012, 04:58 PM)mathiask Wrote: Our first real test. Let's see if I bring luck yet again and we see Pazzo scoring another three.

Devilol

We already failed 2 easy tests...
Bojan needs to start over SES. SES needs to be shown that he's not automatically first choice, plus Bojan needs a run out. 5 minutes is not going to give him sufficient match fitness. Zapata too, I believe should get a run out. What good is loaning a player but not actually playing them except to dent their confidence?
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
(09-18-2012, 02:21 AM)ElMago99 Wrote:
(09-17-2012, 04:58 PM)mathiask Wrote: Our first real test. Let's see if I bring luck yet again and we see Pazzo scoring another three.

Devilol

We already failed 2 easy tests...

Icon_lol2 I don't like that every time when we lost, Allegri would habitually say that we didn't deserve to lose, we created so many chances, but they scored with only one chance; blah, blah.

Maybe he could say that about the game against Sampdoria, in which at least we hit the wood twice; but against Atalanta, we created almost nothing, and Consigli almost had nothing to do; if anything, Atalanta could really have scored one more after 1-0.

Point-wise, Udinese is in a worse shape than we. I believe that they finally got their first point after third round; but don't forget:
1) They have already played Fiorentina and Jubentus;
2) They always managed to do some damage to us, even when we were good and strong.

I am looking forward to this game. I honestly don't know what to expect of Allegri and this Milan now. Sad
aka xudong
(09-17-2012, 05:22 PM)GeoTav Wrote: If I were Allegri, I would take 1 midfielder from our Primavera (the best one, currently, I don't know who could be that midfielder) and would directly make him start in that game ...

In defence, I'd start to use De Sciglio as a starter (RB or LB, I don't care, and he doesn't care too as he said in an interview).

If this season has to be a bad one, at least, let's allow our young players to get experience and build our future around them by starting now !!

Don't forget Montolivo returns for this match, so we'll have one key midfielder back and we'll finally get to see Montolivo alongside De Jong. My question is who should play as the third midfielder, as Nocerino, Urby or even Constant are all possible options.

Agree about De Sciglio. I'd play him on the left, as on the right even if Abate's been poor when played of late (in preseason and Atalanta), he's at least solid, unlike Antonini who until now has been fairly atrocious and making really stupid errors. Gabriel Marcotti on espn spoke about our match vs Atalanta and described Antonini as a player fighting with himself Devilol

(09-18-2012, 05:29 AM)ACM2012 Wrote: Icon_lol2 I don't like that every time when we lost, Allegri would habitually say that we didn't deserve to lose, we created so many chances, but they scored with only one chance; blah, blah.

Maybe he could say that about the game against Sampdoria, in which at least we hit the wood twice; but against Atalanta, we created almost nothing, and Consigli almost had nothing to do; if anything, Atalanta could really have scored one more after 1-0.

Point-wise, Udinese is in a worse shape than we. I believe that they finally got their first point after third round; but don't forget:
1) They have already played Fiorentina and Jubentus;
2) They always managed to do some damage to us, even when we were good and strong.

I am looking forward to this game. I honestly don't know what to expect of Allegri and this Milan now. Sad

It's part in truth and part psychological. Psychologically he can't say we're not good enough as the team, which is already in doubt, will fall apart if their coach is saying they're no good. Mourinho never admits to a loss being the fault of his side, which is hugely frustrating, but is valuable to develop a certain mentality.

The other thing is that his comments aren't totally false. Against Sampdoria we hit the post and created a number of chances in the second half, albeit we didn't play well.

Against Atalanta, Consigli was under pressure during the match. Fumbling a couple of attempts from El Shaarawy and another from Ambro we also had close chances when Pazzini (twice) and De Jong couldn't quite reach the end of crosses. Truth is, against Atalanta we were awful, but we did create a lot more than Atalanta who scored from their second, or at most third, chance.
Let's hope that our players show up.

I don't want to see Boateng on the field. Allegri needs to show him who is the boss and also cut his wings off a little bit. Prove to him that "you are not a top player...yet. In order to be one, you have to work....a lot more".

It's obvious that we can't be a 4-3-1-2 team at this poing. We don't have the player to play in the whole that matches the rest of the team so we might as well change our formation now.

I am not a fan of a 3 man defense but it might be a solution. And if not that, then simply play a 4-3-3 with 2 of El Shaarawy/Emanuelson/Bojan on the wings.

3-5-2 / 5-3-2 (whatever you want to call it, as Abate and Emanuelson will have to provide width and attacking threat going forward, while also work back and cover the wide areas when not in possession)

---------------Abbiati--------------
-----Zapata--Mexes--Acerbi------
Abate-------De Jong---------Urby
-------Constant----Monto---------
------Pazzini--------SES/Bojan-

Or a 4-3-3
----------------GK-----------------
Abate--Mexes----Acerbi--LB (I hope Urby, but I know it wont happen)
------------De Jong---------------
---Constant--------Monto--------
-Bojan----------------------SES-
-------------Pazzini--------------

I think it's worth a try. However as stubborn as Allegri is, I still think we'll see a 4-3-1-2 and yes, I still think he'll play Boateng. I really hope not though.
As if this team didn't have enough chaos at the moment, apparently Pippo Inzaghi had a HUGE blowup with Massimiliano Allegri. . Galliani has confirmed there is an issue between the coaches, but has not gone into detail....

http://www.calciomercato.com/mercato...l-esone-628142
That is good news .. Hopefully allegri will be fired