[Image: Mattia+De+Sciglio+AC+Milan+v+Juventus+FC...o2obQl.jpg]

Personal information

Full name: Mattia De Sciglio
Date of birth: 20 October 1992
Place of birth: Milan, Italy
Height: 1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)
Playing position: Full back

Club career

A native of Milan, Mattia De Sciglio started playing football as a child at the Santa Chiara e San Francesco parish recreation centre in the nearby municipality of Rozzano, before moving to local amateur team Cimiano in 2001. The following year, aged ten, he joined A.C. Milan's youth system, where he would spend nine seasons. In 2010, he was a member of the under-20 squad who won the Coppa Italia Primavera, 25 years after the team's last success in the competition.

2011–2012
De Sciglio in action for A.C. MilanAt the start of the 2011–12 season De Sciglio was officially included in the first team squad by head coach Massimiliano Allegri. He made his professional debut on 28 September 2011, coming on as a substitute in a UEFA Champions League group stage home game against Viktoria Plzeň, which Milan won 2–0. He was given his first start (and second overall appearance) in a 2–2 away draw against the same team on 6 December. Four months later, on 10 April, De Sciglio also made his league debut, playing as a starter in a 1–0 away win over Chievo. The following month, on 6 May, he played in his first Milan derby against city rivals Inter, replacing an injured Daniele Bonera midway through the first half of a 4–2 loss.

2012–2013
For the 2012–13 season De Sciglio was assigned the squad number 2 shirt, which he called "very important" as in the past was worn "by great players Mauro Tassotti and Cafu", adding that he hoped to "live up to their standards".

International career

Mattia De Sciglio won a total of eight caps for Italy under-19 between 2010 and 2011, including two appearances and one goal in the 2011 UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship qualifying round. He went on to be called-up by Italy under-20, winning five caps between 2011 and 2012.

Mattia De Sciglio made is debut for Italy under-21 on 25 April 2012, coming on as a substitute midway through the second half of a friendly match against Scotland, which Italy won 4–1.

Less than four months after making his debut for the under-21 side, De Sciglio received his first call-up to the Italy senior team, as manager Cesare Prandelli named him to the squad for a friendly match against England to be played on 15 August 2012. However, he was left as an unused substitute in the 2–1 defeat.

Style of play

Mattia De Sciglio is a right-footed full-back who may play comfortably also on the left side. Former Milan player Alberigo Evani, who coached him during the 2007–08 season, described De Sciglio as "a fast runner, with good technique" and "a versatile footballer".

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mattia_De_Sciglio

======

@MilanNext:
De Sciglio "Tassotti is my point of reference, teaching me a lot of things. When the trainings end we stop and work more on the crosses"

De Sciglio: "Berlusconi suggested me to try the Garrincha-method reaching the line to cross and faking it, serving the player rushing in"

De Sciglio: "Before a match i study all the movements of the players i will face, to know how to place my body when i mark them"

Mattia De Sciglio is the first A.C. Milan player, after Maldini and Baresi, to become a starter for the First Team without ever being loaned.

aka xudong
(12-21-2012, 02:41 AM)xudong Wrote: Mattia De Sciglio is the first A.C. Milan player, after Maldini and Baresi, to become a starter for the First Team without ever being loaned.

That tells a lot about our bad management of the youth systems.
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
His growth has amazed me if I'm honest, he reminds me of El Shaarawy last season. I remember El Shaarawy started off a little slow at first, but then around Christmas he exploded and showed a huge leap in growth. Through the rest of the season he played with consistency, he wasn't quite the finished article, before he had a second jump this season where he's finding continuity with performances and goals (he can improve though).

De Sciglio last season showed promise, but never seemed a likely starter this year. However, he showed growth at the start of the season before going back to the bench on Abate's return and Constant's rise. However, since returning, after a couple of less spectacular matches, he's made another leap and is showing more confidence and making very few mistakes.

I'm really pleased to see these guys develop. Not only young, they seem to have the values and mentality of past legends.
(12-21-2012, 10:44 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: His growth has amazed me if I'm honest, he reminds me of El Shaarawy last season. I remember El Shaarawy started off a little slow at first, but then around Christmas he exploded and showed a huge leap in growth. Through the rest of the season he played with consistency, he wasn't quite the finished article, before he had a second jump this season where he's finding continuity with performances and goals (he can improve though).

De Sciglio last season showed promise, but never seemed a likely starter this year. However, he showed growth at the start of the season before going back to the bench on Abate's return and Constant's rise. However, since returning, after a couple of less spectacular matches, he's made another leap and is showing more confidence and making very few mistakes.

I'm really pleased to see these guys develop. Not only young, they seem to have the values and mentality of past legends.

The bold part which really impress me. Milan should not only develop young players to the top quality but also grow their character so they could reach their real potential and give more value in their life outside of football.
(12-21-2012, 09:25 AM)Kastriot Wrote:
(12-21-2012, 02:41 AM)xudong Wrote: Mattia De Sciglio is the first A.C. Milan player, after Maldini and Baresi, to become a starter for the First Team without ever being loaned.

That tells a lot about our bad management of the youth systems.

One side is like you said but the other one is that De Sciglio is pure Milan product IIRC. He was joined Milan when he was around 8 years old. If that is true, that it shows that they could develop player since very young age. The younger the footballer, the bigger the risk to be fail in the future, in most cases.

One thing also should be evaluated is if Milan is the only club has such kind of achievement or there many clubs especially big ones who only have very few players getting starter with their club since they joined the senior team in their respective clubs. Just to view if the club has the most responsibility for the few amount of young players start for the senior team or are there any big influences made it happen?
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
Very good player with massive potential. I'm very proud he's in our squad!!
aka xudong
Saw this on another forum. :d

[Image: 735145_456297821073105_168055268_n.jpg]

Credit: de nuttela
aka xudong
I guess if you gotta go, then you gotta go Big Grin
A shy and quiet player -> an (almost) empty topic for him.

Congratulations for his first NT appearance yesterday against Brazil !! He was very good, like usually, but he really needs to work on his headers and positions when there are crosses ... He can still be outmuscled, so he needs to work on that aspect of his game, the physical aspect, because has got it all to be one of the best FB in the world very soon.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Goal.com says both Brazil goals came from poor positioning from him, is this true?

Other than that, everywhere I've read seems to focus heavily on his positive performance. Pleased for him, as he's earned it.