Balotelli V Ibrahimovic
When Ibra left us in the summer of 2012 (along with a glut of others) it left us without a talisman of that quality. He was easily our best striker since Shevchenko and we had to rely on youngster El-Shaarawy to carry us up till the end of that year.

In January we made a big signing, finally (pun not intended) bringing Mario Balotelli to the club he supported as a boy and still supports.

It's been a bit of a debate here and there as to who's better though, with Ibra being the obvious comparison for Mario. But is it fair?

Ibra has been there, done that, won almost everything apart from CL and world cup and he's now 31 having won the league with every single club he's played for. He's a special talent.

Many see Balo as the same mould, a moody genius the whole team is built around, but at only age 23 he has also won the league with every team he's played for bar current side Milan. He also has a CL unlike Ibra.

Does Balo have the stuff to be as good as Ibra? Is he already there? Can he be better?

Or...is he over-rated by many including me?
[Image: San_Siro1.jpg]
He can be better. For me he is now already on the same level with Ibra.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
You should have a poll. That would be a fun thing to do. :d
aka xudong
Certainly Balotelli can be better than Ibrahimovic, who is currently better by the way. Not trying to say that Ibra does not love this team, but Balotelli is a totally different story. Balotelli is also so young. He will have a bright future with us.

I hope that he dumps Raiola as his agent though (not going to happen).
aka xudong
LOL let's calm down. Balo is not on Ibra's level..YET. He does have the tools to get there though but he needs to spend less time on the floor, work on his passing game a little and his one on one dribbling ability before he can be on Ibra's level. I'm not saying that Ibra is lightyears better than Balo but Balo has to play consistently at this level for some years before we can compare him to someone as established as Ibrahimovic.

One thing they have in common though which pisses me off is that they both suck at free kicks but insist on taking them every time and blasting it into the stands. How hard is it to just go and practice?! Most annoying thing ever..
Siamo a posto cosi.
I think I just don't rate Ibra that high.
(09-11-2013, 02:52 PM)Danny Wrote: When Ibra left us in the summer of 2012 (along with a glut of others) it left us without a talisman of that quality. He was easily our best striker since Shevchenko and we had to rely on youngster El-Shaarawy to carry us up till the end of that year.

In January we made a big signing, finally (pun not intended) bringing Mario Balotelli to the club he supported as a boy and still supports.

It's been a bit of a debate here and there as to who's better though, with Ibra being the obvious comparison for Mario. But is it fair?

Ibra has been there, done that, won almost everything apart from CL and world cup and he's now 31 having won the league with every single club he's played for. He's a special talent.

Many see Balo as the same mould, a moody genius the whole team is built around, but at only age 23 he has also won the league with every team he's played for bar current side Milan. He also has a CL unlike Ibra.

Does Balo have the stuff to be as good as Ibra? Is he already there? Can he be better?

Or...is he over-rated by many including me?
First of all he is overrated. Secondly this comparison is pointless. Respect and peace. Please close this thread. Devilcool

Argentina will win the World CupĀ 2022
Formerly mzk57
(09-12-2013, 05:12 AM)mzk57 Wrote: First of all he is overrated. Secondly this comparison is pointless. Respect and peace. Please close this thread. Devilcool

What gives you the right to close this thread?
(09-12-2013, 05:17 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 05:12 AM)mzk57 Wrote: First of all he is overrated. Secondly this comparison is pointless. Respect and peace. Please close this thread. Devilcool

What gives you the right to close this thread?
The fact that I am the most critical analyst on this forum.
Argentina will win the World CupĀ 2022
Formerly mzk57
(09-12-2013, 05:41 AM)mzk57 Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 05:17 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: What gives you the right to close this thread?
The fact that I am the most critical analyst on this forum.

Which is admitted by nobody besides yourself?