Serie A
I saw the first half and truthfully Sassuolo were just awful. Inter weren't bad and look interesting, but I'd say the opponent was simply a few levels below.

This leads me to a couple of other points. I'm actually more than surprised at Inter, Roma and Napoli this season. All had new coaches and some major changes, but all seem to have found their stride extremely quickly. Us on the other hand seemingly had things in place to build on last season, yet look like year zero again.
(09-22-2013, 10:36 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I saw the first half and truthfully Sassuolo were just awful. Inter weren't bad and look interesting, but I'd say the opponent was simply a few levels below.

This leads me to a couple of other points. I'm actually more than surprised at Inter, Roma and Napoli this season. All had new coaches and some major changes, but all seem to have found their stride extremely quickly. Us on the other hand seemingly had things in place to build on last season, yet look like year zero again.

There's a simple explanation : in these 3 clubs, the coach arrived, said he wants to play this way and needs this player, that player and another one for example. At the end, they got what they asked. There seems to have a project, starting from the coach. So the president and others help the coach.

In Milan, nowadays, there is a "project" starting from B&G, and the coach just gets something, not really what he wants (anyway, when we know he asked for Matri, then, it's maybe better that he doesn't choose the players we buy), and has to make the team play the way the president wants.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
still baffles me how we got matri with that amount of money, there is a lot better players than him for that price.
(09-23-2013, 08:41 AM)sylrus Wrote: still baffles me how we got matri with that amount of money, there is a lot better players than him for that price.

Yeah, it is painful for me to watch Eriksen shining in Tottenham. He is even cheaper than Matri and can accept less wage than both Matri and Kaka.
(09-22-2013, 10:53 PM)GeoTav Wrote: There's a simple explanation : in these 3 clubs, the coach arrived, said he wants to play this way and needs this player, that player and another one for example. At the end, they got what they asked. There seems to have a project, starting from the coach. So the president and others help the coach.

In Milan, nowadays, there is a "project" starting from B&G, and the coach just gets something, not really what he wants (anyway, when we know he asked for Matri, then, it's maybe better that he doesn't choose the players we buy), and has to make the team play the way the president wants.

lol, that's true, all of it. Still, we should be doing better though, as the foundations of our success from last season are still here, so we should have that to build on, or at least continue with.

We've been playing as though the players have never worked together, which I don't understand.
(09-23-2013, 10:04 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote:
(09-22-2013, 10:53 PM)GeoTav Wrote: There's a simple explanation : in these 3 clubs, the coach arrived, said he wants to play this way and needs this player, that player and another one for example. At the end, they got what they asked. There seems to have a project, starting from the coach. So the president and others help the coach.

lol, that's true, all of it. Still, we should be doing better though, as the foundations of our success from last season are still here, so we should have that to build on, or at least continue with.

We've been playing as though the players have never worked together, which I don't understand.

If the system changes every single season, with new additions to the team who should help to change more quickly but at the end are injured/out, we will struggle again and again in the first games ...

The worst part is to play with the 4-3-3 during pre-season, trying the 4-3-1-2 here and there, starting the official games with 4-3-3, and then, once the qualification in CL is secured, moving the formation again and send the players in a kind of 4-3-1-2 with no adequate player.

So it's like if our games, since Torino, were our pre-season games. Let's not expect good performances before 2-3 games I think.

PS : At least, B&G should have got some CAM for Allegri the day after they said the team should and will play in 4-3-1-2 to allow Allegri to work during the complete pre-season ... That would have been logical, but saying that and "buying" a CAM in the last day of the mercato was plainly stupid.

PS1 : B&G are at fault there as when you plan a change of formation, you work on the mercato before it even opens ... And Allegri is at fault too because when you have 5 strikers for 4-3-1-2, you don't ask another striker (who's not even WC), he had to see what was really needed for the team, either a defender or a midfielder.
It's a fair point that we change system, but I don't see why rush the process. Why not stick to 4-3-3 and transition more slowly to 4-3-1-2, rather than the sudden change.

I think Allegri needs to be stronger in playing the system he needs to, rather than obeying Berlu. What happens is either we play as he thinks is best, or Berlu fires him and he gets a fat severance pay and his dignity, instead of the pressure he gets now due to poor results.

I'm all for a club having its culture and playing a brand of football of it's own, choosing its coaches based on these key requirements, but then the coach should be allowed to play the game he wants to. In our case, whoever the coach, our approach should be a strong attacking brand of football developed on concepts of pressing opponents. This is effectively the outline Berlu originally gave and should remain so. At that point, the coach should get control over the details, such as systems and players used and managing the group of players.
It's Serie B news : the crazy Palermo is back !! Zamparini seemed to have calmed down since the arrival of Gattuso. It's over, the real Zamparini is back, so he fired Gattuso ...
Great news! Now I don't have to struggle how much sympathy I should give to that stupid pink team.
aka xudong
Thanks to Sassulo, Roma now leads the table with 5 wins out of 5. Impressive. I watched only one game of theirs this season (second week, against Verona), and Ljajic was simply fantastic.

We could have got him or Honda or any decent defender, but apparently we didn't have the fund.

.... until we bought Matri. Facepalm
aka xudong