Milan Players in the WC
I didn't see a thread for ths but figured people may want to discuss how individual Milan players were getting on in the World Cup.

De Jong had another monster game for the Netherlands when they played Australia. He played like a contained mad man (reminded me of Gattuso actually). I'm happy he is reconsidering is his stay at Milan as he'll be relied on with Monti missing the first half of the season.

I only watched the first half of Japan v Greece but Honda looked not so great. I heard comments around here that he was doing ok in their first game but he was pretty poor when I watched him. He looks pretty tired and I can't blame the guy as he has played a long time without a regular break. He was pretty slow on the ball though, roughed off of it too easily and too timid to use anything but his left foot...essentially the same problems he had with us.

I'm excited to see Balo today. It'll be interesting to see if he can continue his goal scoring prowess and up that transfer kitty for us!

I think Italy's wild card is De Sciglio. He offers an attacking option on the left to match the Candreva/Darmian option on the right. I think he will ultimately play a big part of Italy's fate this world cup as Chiellini just can not handle the LB role offensively and because he was trying so hard was often caught out of position against England.
Not only Honda, but all of 22 players in Japan-Greece match were piss poor. One of the worst match currently.

I am disappointed that De Sciglio hadn't got a chance.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
Actually quite sad that Milan only has so few Players in the WC. During the Carlo era, not only were the starting 11 in the World Cup, even guys off the bench were playing for their country, like Simic, Laursen, Ambro, JDT, Crespo, Stam, Rui Costa, Rivaldo, ....
De Jong is doing great, but he can be leaving in the summer; Balotelli had one good game, but the pressure to have UK Queen kiss him crushed him in the second one; Honda had a good 45 minutes and that was pretty much it; Zapata was decent but not spectacular; Abate was his usual self; I was hoping to see De Sciglio play, but don't know if that would even happen and Italy may have no more than one game left. Muntari was fine; Essien? who is he?
aka xudong
I think DCS is missing through injury actually. Watching Abate play today was sad. He is just too unidimensional going forward. His right leg seriously must be three times the size of his left because he neglects using it so much.

Anyone watch Zapata play? He has a couple of games with he Columbia jersey.

Can we move this thread to The World Cup section?
I think it's interesting that almost no Milan player at this point has stood out at all. De Jong's been the best (imo very good), but otherwise the rest have generally been poor. Balotelli had a good game vs England, then didn't bother showing up vs Costa Rica, where Abate was poor.

Muntari's been mixed at best and needs to stop letting his a** hang out (literally) during matches. Honda, a little like Balo, had a decent first match, but was very poor vs Greece.
We simply don't have world class players anymore...
Milan players will unite under Mr Pippo on July 10th.

Balo, De Jong, Zapata,... could be absent because of WC Big Grin
(06-23-2014, 11:17 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I think it's interesting that almost no Milan player at this point has stood out at all. De Jong's been the best (imo very good), but otherwise the rest have generally been poor. Balotelli had a good game vs England, then didn't bother showing up vs Costa Rica, where Abate was poor.

Muntari's been mixed at best and needs to stop letting his a** hang out (literally) during matches. Honda, a little like Balo, had a decent first match, but was very poor vs Greece.

Agreed. In English, wc means water closet, right?

so Milan Players in the WC can be understood as Milan players in the pooper. Grinundwech
aka xudong