Poll: Who will progress to the quarterfinal?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Netherlands
85.71%
6 85.71%
Mexico
14.29%
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

R16: Netherlands - Mexico (June 29, 2014 - 18:00 CET)
1998 result was unfair? Ortega was a stupid diver and headbutting was always considered as an ejectable act of violence, though one can always argue that van der sarr was tricky too. But then they had Simeone themselves so it all evens out. :d Batistuta might be the only one from that Argentina side that I liked. Okmilan

aka xudong
(06-29-2014, 08:10 PM)xudong Wrote: Batistuta might be the only one from that Argentina side that I liked. Okmilan
That would cup was meant for Batistuta, not Zidane Undecided History got it wrong back then and will always feel guilty for it. As great as Ziadne was, he never reached the class and caliber of Batistuta OkmilanOkmilan
Argentina will win the World Cup 2022
Formerly mzk57
Good game given the conditions should have made it worse. Netherlands did well, but I do feel for Mexico who were really good until the final 5 minutes or so. The warning signs were there long before mind, with them looking shaky on every set piece.
WC'98 was meant for Roberto Baggio! Angry
WC'02 was meant for Paolo Maldini! Angry

Those fuckers stole them from Italy. Angry
aka xudong
(06-29-2014, 08:32 PM)xudong Wrote: WC'98 was meant for Roberto Baggio! Angry

Correction
WC'94 was meant for Roberto Baggio! Angry
WC'94 was meant for Paolo Maldini! Angry

Formerly mzk57
(06-29-2014, 08:29 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Good game given the conditions should have made it worse. Netherlands did well, but I do feel for Mexico who were really good until the final 5 minutes or so. The warning signs were there long before mind, with them looking shaky on every set piece.

Dev, I also feel for Mexico, but I like Netherlands too. This match-up has 16 group stage points (Netherlands 9, Mexico 7), so it has to be one of the most decorated fixture. Mexico did an excellent job frustrating Netherlands for the most part of the game, but I feel that taking off Dos Santos might have been a bad move. Netherlands all of a sudden could attack Mexico worry-free. I also agree with some members here in that Mexico sat back after their one-goal lead and resorted to a more defensive mindset, and that subtle mentality switch might have had an impact on the game.

(06-29-2014, 08:36 PM)mzk57 Wrote:
(06-29-2014, 08:32 PM)xudong Wrote: WC'98 was meant for Roberto Baggio! Angry

Correction
WC'94 was meant for Roberto Baggio! Angry
WC'94 was meant for Paolo Maldini! Angry

True too. In fact,
WC'90, '94, '98, '02, '06 (yes, I know that they got it :d), and even '10 all were meant for Italy!

WC'14 is meant for any team but Argentina! :d I have stopped liking Italy, thanks to that fucker P*rlo. Angry
aka xudong
WC94 was meant for Milan

Milan contributed many great players for Azzurri, even the coach was Milan legend.
This game reminded me of CL final....2 big dissapointments for me Sad
Smile 
(06-29-2014, 08:36 PM)xudong Wrote: WC'14 is meant for any team but Argentina! :d I have stopped liking Italy, thanks to that fucker P*rlo. Angry
You mean any team but not non-Argentina? Sagrin

and how could you use such crude language for one of AC Milan greatest ever legends? Grinundwech

[Image: pirlo_3104608.jpg?20140320205423]
Formerly mzk57
In a few years after he got the hell out of Ladri and cleanse himself, I may actually try to forget (or forgive) him, so he has got a chance there. Unlike Argentina, I reckon that they will continue to annoy me for decades to come. vomit
aka xudong