Poll: How will the match end
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Brazil win after 90 minutes
44.44%
4 44.44%
Brazil win after addition time
22.22%
2 22.22%
Brazil win after penalties
0%
0 0%
Colombia win after 90 minutes
33.33%
3 33.33%
Colombia win after addition time
0%
0 0%
Colombia win after penalties
0%
0 0%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

QF: Brazil vs Colombia - Too beautiful/ugly to last
A Brazilian (Androgynous) doesn't like Brazil NT. A Frenchman (GeoTav) doesn't like French NT (but that might have changed). Icon_lol2

@Androgynous: Whose absence is the bigger loss, Neymar or Silva, in your opinion?
aka xudong
It is nice to see your post, Androgynous.

This WC is crazy. I usually hate England, but I like this England. I usually like Brazil, but I hate this Brazil.

Brazil football is where I look first at when searching for beautiful football, but not now.

EDIT: Maybe I never hate Italy, because it is normal if they are ugly Big Grin
Problem is football has globalised and Brazil has changed in the way it develops it's players (most of who are developed for the European game). The current generation can't play the old Joga Bonito football and I think it's unfair to judge this group of players because of it. Italy can't defend anymore and instead is now a better possession playing side (the Costa Rica and Uruguay matches aside). Other nations (E.g. Holland with Total football and German efficiency) are also no longer in keeping with their traditions as influences from other nations come in.

I don't think this is a problem for these nations, even if I think places like Brazil and Italy should look back at their roots. I also think Brazil will return to developing more technical players with less focus on the athlete. I say this because in recent years, the shift in the European game has been towards more technically gifted players.

I'm often defending Brazil on the forums during this world cup and I think part of it comes down to the fact that people (me included) want to see the beautiful football of old, which as I said, this Brazil simply can't do. I also must admit that this group of players have my respect in the mental resilience they've shown, something seriously lacking at the last two world cups.
(07-08-2014, 06:51 AM)xudong Wrote: A Brazilian (Androgynous) doesn't like Brazil NT. A Frenchman (GeoTav) doesn't like French NT (but that might have changed). Icon_lol2

@Androgynous: Whose absence is the bigger loss, Neymar or Silva, in your opinion?

I don't actually hate the NT, I just don't blindly support them only because I'm brazilian Devilol. My interest towards NT football is to see some exciting games, with the best players from each country playing against each other. Would be fun to see the worst players from each country as well Big Grin

Xu, I'll answer the question on the BRA x GER thread Okmilan
Brazil - Colombia friendly Sept 5

[Image: Bw0us_tCUAAvgsg.jpg:large]