Serie A
I had a quick look through the football-italia Milan preview and I generally think they've made some mistakes. To begin, saying Pippo was mostly known for tap ins and being offside than tactical knowledge is pretty nonsensical. First reason is not many (and I'm certain not football-italia) know much about his tactical ability as a coach. Second, to do what he did as a player, knowing he wasn't particularly gifted, requires a lot of tactical knowledge or at the very least exceptional postional sense on the pitch.

Second, the probable lineup seems off in midfield. I can generally agree with the defence and attack, but saying Poli and Saponara are starters seems way off. Even if we don't play Montolivo due to injury, right now De Jong and Muntari are likely starters with probably Cristante.

About the signings, questioning Diego Lopez given just last season he was probably one of the top 3 goalkeepers in Europe seems pretty insane. As for Menez, saying he lost his way in France isn't totally right. He actually did well at PSG, but ultimately paid for having a poor relationship with Blanc.

I'm not saying we're a great side or anything and a lot of points are valid, but knowing the quality of the squad we have, the fact we have no European competition and the quality of teams in the league, I think we can aim for a top 5 finish.
Looks like Juve found a cheap good prospect from PSG, they paid 1 million euro to get Kingsley Coman from them. Very early but this is a good example of scouting...
How good was he? I didn't watch that game.
aka xudong
Apparently he got man of the match but I wasn't able to watch much of the game myself..
Siamo a posto cosi.
Man of the match? Wow. First Pogba, now Coman. Can Juve be any luckier? Angry
aka xudong
Pogba was for a long time touted as a future top class midfielder, so I can't say I'm surprised he's doing well since being shown confidence. Coman I don't really know, he appeared to have a decent game (it seems the press are over hyping him a little), but I think it's credit to some good scouting from Juve. Let's see how he develops and how many chances he gets though.

I watched the first half of Roma - Fiorentina and while Roma looked excellent, Fiorentina were dire. It's funny to think that 8-9 months ago we were apparently close to Nainggolan and now he's doing great at Roma. One signing worth keeping an eye on at Roma is Salih Ucan, the kid looks very promising, though he might struggle to get space in this midfield.
Fiorentina were indeed horrible but they played much better in the second half. Cuadrado and Rossi were their best players last season and they didn't play last night so it's quite understandable that they struggled a bit.
per l'amaro e il dolce
(08-31-2014, 04:51 PM)Nalx Wrote: Fiorentina were indeed horrible but they played much better in the second half. Cuadrado and Rossi were their best players last season and they didn't play last night so it's quite understandable that they struggled a bit.

Yeah I heard they improved in the second half.

Some interesting scorelines atm. Parma losing to Cesena, Napoli drawing with Genoa and Inter - Torino still 0-0.

Still got 30 minutes to go though.
Well, we are topping the table. :d

I am going to save the screen for my record. It won't happen again in many years. Grinundwech
aka xudong
Good news is that it's the international break too so we get an extra week on top as well Big Grin
Siamo a posto cosi.