Serie A
(10-19-2014, 09:40 PM)reza Wrote: Fiorentina, Inter and Napoli all dropping points Smile

Great weekend after all. Wink
It's interesting that at this point there's a 5 point advantage over Inter (to put it in perspective, Milan are 5 points behind Juve). More interesting to me is that Inter's defence has now leaked as many goals as Milan's. This is particularly important to note, as the Milan defence has steadily been improving despite still conceding silly goals, but Inter's went from getting regular clean sheets early in the season to now looking very weak.

Ironically, had the two most "winnable" games been won, Cesena and Empoli, then the club would be up there with Juve and Roma.

Honda's also joint top scorer in the league now.
This season does look quite promising at this point and makes one dream (perhaps unrealistically Blush). We just need to take care of one match at a time without worrying about anything else that we don't have control over. On Sunday we will host ACF Fiorentina at San Siro, who will just come off from an away EL match on Thursday. Sagrin

Let me just say that I hope that all Italian teams will please fight very hard in Europe and get maximum coefficients for Serie A. SagrinDevilol
Serie A will receive €186m per season for the three seasons starting in 2015-16 for the sale of international television broadcast rights.

The Italian top flight’s clubs met today to consider the bids tabled to handle international broadcasting of the League and have stuck with MP&Silva, taking 40 minutes to reach that conclusion.

The sports broadcasting firm’s bid of €186m per season over the three years from 2015 to 2018 has been accepted over offers from B4 and Img.

This deal agreed represented a €207m overall increase in revenue generated through this stream, as MP&Silva’s 2012-15 deal paid €117m-per-season.

http://football-italia.net/57488/foreign...oost-serie
Thursday October 23 2014

Official: Moratti quits Inter
By Football Italia staff

Massimo Moratti has ended an almost 20-year association with Inter by resigning his position as honorary President.

The 69-year-old was handed that title last year after completing a majority share transfer deal to Indonesian businessman Erick Thohir.

However, after just the 12 months in the new role, the petroleum tycoon has stepped down, along with his son Angelomario, Rinaldo Ghelfi and Alberto Manzonetto, directors who held Moratti’s three seats on the club’s board.

A statement from Moratti's company that holds his now minority share at the club has since surfaced to confirm the news.

“Internazionale Holding Srl, a company headed by Massimo Moratti and his sons Angelomario Moratti and Giovanni Moratti, and holds 29.5 per cent of Fc Internazionale Milano Spa communicates that today Angelomario Moratti, Rinaldo Ghelfi and Alberto Manzonetto have each individually resigned their posts as director at Fc Internazionale Milano Spa.

“Internazionale Holding Srl also announces that Massimo Moratti has today resigned as honorary President of Fc Internazionale Milano Spa kindly offered to him by Erick Thohir in November last year.”

Speculation this week has been that Moratti and Thohir were divided on management of the club moving forward.

Moratti took over the club and presidency in 1995 and in an 18-year reign saw Inter collect five Scudetti, four Coppa Italias, four Supercoppa Italianas, the Champions League, UEFA Cup and Club World Cup.

After months of negotiations, he then transferred a majority shareholding in the club over to Thohir in November 2013, for a reported figure of €250m.

Moratti’s father Angelo was also club President from 1955 to 1968, during the era of La Grande Inter.

http://www.football-italia.net/57631/off...uits-inter
It's kind of weird, seeing as I've always thought of the Moratti name with Inter, even if not his (don't really know about senior Moratti) biggest fan, he played his part in Italian football, good and bad.
I do too. In fact, I think I even secretly respect Moratti (a little). Grinundwech
Napoli 6-2
Inter 1-0
Lazio 2-1
Udinese 2-0

Juventus 22
Roma 19
Udinese 16
Sampdoria 16
Lazio 15
Milan* 14
Napoli 14
Inter 12
Genoa 12
Hellas Verona 11
Fiorentina* 9

If we can't win, this will turn out to be a terrible weekend.
Only one Serie A player made the Ballon D'Or shortlist. Is this a case of Serie A players getting ignored or a reminder of the fact that the big stars and best players of the world just do not want to play there. Actually who was the last Italian to be nominated?
Siamo a posto cosi.
(10-28-2014, 12:05 PM)Mystik Wrote: Only one Serie A player made the Ballon D'Or shortlist. Is this a case of Serie A players getting ignored or a reminder of the fact that the big stars and best players of the world just do not want to play there. Actually who was the last Italian to be nominated?

It's pretty much BS tbh. Ignoring Suarez given how important he was for Liverpool in the past year is insane, but also from Serie A ignoring the likes of Tevez or Vidal seems absurd to me.

Last Italian I can think of is Pirlo probably in 2012? I'm pretty sure he was in the top 10 back then.